* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59931 times)

0 Members

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
  • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #150 on: 7/01/15, 14:19 »
Lol MrsF I would def tell them where to go  :)

Well it would appear that after phoning the practice manager today, the receptionist should have asked about accepting my bank's covering letter and she would have been told she could  ::) So strangely after popping down there just now, I am now registered at my local GP's  ^bigbad^  ;D MrsF, would you like me to have a word with your work colleagues ??  ;D ;D ;D ;D

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #151 on: 8/01/15, 07:35 »
    Bundles  ;D I would definately like to see you having a word with my colleagues  ;D
    Mrs.R, I have no clue why they are being so horrible... might be because one of them is already 55, has never been married and has no children (a nasty spinster  ;D married to the company). When I anounced 2 years ago, totally happy, that my sister had had her son (her second child), her reaction was a face and "already"?  ^idiot^. Or, another case, the other female colleague enters the room where I am discussing a case with the technician and congratulates HIM with "hapy new year" and turns to go without saying a word to me... I said "happy new year to you too" to her back and she then turned back to reply...  ^idiot^
    That's already too much time spent on them  ;D   
    I have another colleague that just asked me whether I felt better after I had been in a hospital, without any violation of my privacy, and when she asked on Monday, whether I was "carrying something young" in my tummy, I told her yes. She was so happy for me, hugged me and congratulated me, asked whether everything was now ok and just said I deserved to be happy after what I had been through. And I am sure she will not say a word because I asked her to keep the news to herself. And the other 2, I will just continue to ignore...

Good luck wth your scans today bundles and Mrs.R! I will come back and check in on you as soon as I'm back from my appt with the midwife.

Karhog, how did your appt go yeaterday? Everything OK?

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #152 on: 8/01/15, 09:42 »
    Appt yesterday was fine thanks Mrs F, took three hours though as they were running very late. I saw diabetic midwife, then diabetic consultant then obstetric consultant!
    All in all end result is to continue with diet and blood tests x 3 daily. They have requested I have another scan to check my cervical length again which rpthey will ' add on' to my 20 week scan on 19th. Then another joint appt on 28th.
    Good luck with your appointment today. Also looking forward to updates from Bundles and Mrs Rock......busy day for appt today!

Offline Francesca43

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #153 on: 8/01/15, 10:39 »
    I keep my fingers crossed for everyone who has an appointment today.

Mrs F. your colleagues sound horrible. I am experiencing a nasty work environment as well.  In December I wasn't even told when the traditional Christmas Breakfast was. Since I am also working from my home office I wasn't there when everybody sat together.
    If we will really have another child in summer my husband and I will check our financial situation very properly and if it is possible I will do at least one year family break.

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #154 on: 8/01/15, 10:48 »
    Great news Karhog. Hope the blood sugar level stays nice and low. FX for good news on the 19th too

Francesca, yours don't sound much better... At least the rest of my colleagues are male and I get on well with them... moreover, I am still working in the office... But the prospect of staying home longer with the little one seems more and more attractive to me too.

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #155 on: 8/01/15, 11:21 »
    Just had my scan. Saw one heartbeat and all looks good.  I cried with relief

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #156 on: 8/01/15, 12:14 »
    Awww Mrs Rock that's lovely news  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I cried at the heartbeat too  :) This journey is just so overwhelming isn't it xx

MrsF mine is a midwife appt too but as I've recently moved here it will be a longer one. My scan is on Tuesday. Your hideous colleagues are just bitter & twisted so pay them no heed. You are the one to be happy, not them  ^hugme^

Karhog great news on the 'no change there' decision  :)

Appt is at 2pm so hoping LO decides to have her nap today as she refused for the first time yesterday  ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ This could be the beginning of the end for me ;D

Hi to everyone else  ^hugme^

xx

Offline Francesca43

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #157 on: 8/01/15, 12:22 »
    Congratulations Mrs Rock!!!! How wonderful ^doc^

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #158 on: 8/01/15, 13:52 »
    Mrs Rock - what lovely news!!! And sigh of relief!!!  ^hugme^

I was 31w yesterday and started packing my hospital bag after one lovely lady on March-April board posted a very good list.

Hi Karhog, Mrs F, Bundles, Franchesca,

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #159 on: 8/01/15, 17:39 »
    Yay, Mrs Rock, fantastic to see that heart beat!
    Mamo,  oooh, hospital bag packed! Exciting stuff.
    Mrs F and Bundles, how were your appt?
    Francesca, a year break sounds good if you can.
    Hi to everyone else!