* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59932 times)

0 Members

Offline Louisej29

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #20 on: 29/10/14, 08:16 »
Hi ladies

Welcome to all the new pregnant over 40s.  Lovely to see so many of us. 

Mamochka.   The itching does not sound good.  Hope it stops soon!

Mrs f.  Don't worry too much about dates.  Around the 7/8 weeks mark I was measuring a week behind and panicking although they assured me this was normal at this stage. By 12 week scan I was bang on for the dates I knew were set in stone. When it's IVF there is no question of your dates being wrong!

I've been  having problems with my teeth and gums which is getting me down.  At 42 I've always had perfect teeth and still no fillings!!   But now teeth and gums hurt and gums keep bleeding.  Dentist tells me "spongy" gums a preg symptom and the high dose aspirin and clexane I'm on will make it worse.  Making me feel rubbish. But hey ho. Not going to complain.  Over the years there is nothing that has annoyed me more than pregnant women who complain - after all I've been through to get here don't feel I have the right to moan but still- looking like Dracula not very nice!!

Anyone else had problems like this ?? 

X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #21 on: 29/10/14, 08:18 »
    Hiya Bundles, the itchy seems to be stomach related as Renny helps but when it becomes impossible I put a wet cold compress for relief. Funny enough when I had a cold in September the itchy stopped completely for 3-4 weeks as if body(immune) was distracted)

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #22 on: 29/10/14, 08:30 »
    Mamochka, it sounds like you are alergic to something - the question is what exactly...
    Hope it goes away real soon

Louisej, is taking additional calcium an option?

Bundles, I am trying very very hard to not get angry at the attitude of some of the doctors here. It's just loss of time and nerves to get into such stupid discussions with them... 

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #23 on: 29/10/14, 08:35 »
    Hi everyone, yay Mrs F and Mamo made it over here! Mamo that itching sounds awful!
    Mel, how lovely to hear your little girls heartbeat.
    Louise, on my pregnancy last year it was like a bloodbath whenever I brushed my teeth! Just keep brushing as normal, its true our gums are spongier and more susceptible....take advantage if the free dental treatment whilst pregnant! Things settled down a month or two after giving birth.
    Jules, hope blood tests are ok, when do you get results?
    Pea, glad scan went well, what's the next step?
    Bundles, not long till the big milestone! Will you find out the sex?
    Hi to anyone else I may have missed.
    Afm, nothing to report really. I have my midwife booking in next Wed.I've not had any spotting for a few days....yay!

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #24 on: 29/10/14, 08:53 »
    See now Mrs F I quite enjoy what I call doctor & midwife (especially !) baiting - easier as I have a medical background.  It became an Olympic sport last time  ;D This time I have a lovely young & trendy Asian dude who agreed with everything I said & all my demands. No fun at all  ^bigbad^ ;D

Karhog we will find out this time but plan to keep it quiet  :)

Louise no problems here but I have a friend who's a dentist so will ask him.

Hugs to all  ^hugme^
    xx

Offline mejulie40

• Gold Member
    • Believe it can happen :)
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #25 on: 31/10/14, 11:07 »
    Hi lovely ladies...

Sorry been awol.. we had blood test results back but very low betas & today a heavy bleed has confirmed it.. we are losing our bubba.. Very sad today but need to believe it is for a reason something was wrong with the lo. Will plan a visit to serum asap to discuss next step with penny.

Hope you all have a stress free pregnancy..

Julie x

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #26 on: 31/10/14, 13:45 »
    Oh Julie   ^hugme^ I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Well done for cracking on, Penny has a great reputation & I'm sure she will work her magic.
    xx

Offline Louisej29

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #27 on: 31/10/14, 14:17 »
    Julie. I am so sorry Hun.  I know the pain and heartbreak of repeated miscarriages and I'm so sad for you.  You will get there - you're determined and it will happen.  Have heard great things about serum and penny and fingers crossed she will help you

Lots of love x

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #28 on: 31/10/14, 16:20 »
    Julie I am so so sorry  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline Beldon

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #29 on: 31/10/14, 17:08 »
    So sorry to hear that Julie, take care xxx