* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59407 times)

0 Members

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #30 on: 5/11/14, 19:27 »
Very sorry to hear that Julie.  I hope you get success at Serum, I am actually going for a consultation there too soon. 

How are all the other over 40s ladies getting on......?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #31 on: 5/11/14, 19:57 »
    Hi All, everything ticking over here. I had my midwife booking in today, she told me as I had gestational diabetes and pre eclampsia last pregnancy I will automatically be under the care of the diabetic team again. She has booked me in for gtt at 16 weeks and told me I should receive my appt for 12 w scan within a week or so. She made a couple attempts at getting my blood but I have funny veins that like to hide at the sight of a needle so I had to go to hospital to get them done.
    How is everyone else doing?

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #32 on: 5/11/14, 22:41 »
    Julie - so sorry it is happening to you hun! On the other hand i am hopeful Penny will be able to help you! Mx

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #33 on: 7/11/14, 03:45 »
    I am so sorry Julie... Hope Penny will be able to help you...
    Karhog, good to hear you are doing good  ^hugme^
    Mamochka, how are you doing? When is your next scan?

Hi to everyone else  :)

afm - had a horrible bleed yesterday... I was scared to death and cried my eyes out... It happened at the exhibition center, right before we got our crates back to pack the equipment and a few minutes before my DH's flight landed... They called an ambulance and took me to the hospital, my colleague called his wife who was flying in together with my DH and they both came straight to the hospital... A nightmare... Thanks God the little one was OK. I'm still spotting, but nothing like yesterday. I was afraid I was losing the little one... The whole fiasco is just shy of 3000 USD... Hope the insurance will cover it...

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #34 on: 7/11/14, 05:10 »
    Omg Mrs F how awful for you  ^hugme^ we go through everything to get pregnant & still can't take anything for granted. How I envy 'normal' women, for who ignorance is bliss !!

All good here, just waiting for my 20wk scan on the 17th. Can't believe how quickly time is flying. Have been feeling flutterings for a while now, can't wait for them to be proper kicks  :) mind you, then the worry of 'counting the kicks' sets in  :-\ we just replace one worry with another lol
    Hugs to all
    xx

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #35 on: 7/11/14, 06:58 »
    Oh Mrs F, how terrifying! I can imagine how scared you must have been,especially being away from home and dh, so pleased everything is ok though.
    Bundles, you are right, we will worry until we have our babes safely I our arms.

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #36 on: 7/11/14, 07:50 »
    Personally I will worry until I'm old and grey - well older and greyer  ;D ;D
    xx

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #37 on: 7/11/14, 12:45 »
    The worries will never end, will just get replaced...
    Good morning (it's morning on my end of the owrld now) everyone. I had an uneventful night but am still spotting... This makes me so edgy and worried, that I'm constantly bickering with my DH... The doc in the ambulance had 7 IVFs and was very reassuring and came to check in on me later on in the hospital... I am so sorry I didn't get her name or a contact...

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #38 on: 7/11/14, 15:44 »
    Hey ladies!

Mrs F - what a worry for you! Bleed in a foreign country! I am glad expensive us healthcare was on top and your insurance cover the cost of the hospital! Thanks for asking about me :) :)

Many moms told me that pregnancy just a small beginning of a never stopping worry about our children!

I hope everyone is alright on this thread.

I am still suffering from strange itchy and NHS is not helping at all. They found an elevated Liver enzyme ALT and have no explanation as the only thing they seem to know about itching in pg is obstetric cholestasis for which my bloods are alright. So will see what happens next

Hi to all! Mamox

Offline Beldon

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #39 on: 7/11/14, 17:42 »
    I had a bleed this week as well this week Mrs F, nothing like the scale of yours, mine only lasted an hour and I was in a terrible state - hope you're feeling calmer now.

On the upside we did get a scan so it was fab to see the wee baby wriggling about, (what a difference between 8 weeks and 10 weeks! and always a total sobfest for us)

Haven't read anything about itching Mamochka hope you get that sorted soon.

Exciting times for you Bundles! I can't wait for my 12 week scan but have no idea how I'll last till 20 weeks with no scans in between - did you book any extra scans?

Hope everyone else is doing well

B x