* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59411 times)

0 Members

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
  • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #80 on: 8/12/14, 22:39 »
Hi all  ^wave^

Yay MrsF good news on the scan. They are little monkeys when they won't play ball  ;D

Karhog I've been in leggings since transfer  ;D

Have had a busy week !! Had my doppler scan on Wed which went fine. The consultant said I should expect no problems with my bp, health or pregnancy in general, which was nice. Just need to change gp now & transfer my care.
Spent a nice few days in London. My sister came up for thursday, my bestie came over Friday & we went to a 1st birthday on Saturday. Home on sunday seemed like an anticlimax  ;D

Hugs to all  ^hugme^
xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #81 on: 9/12/14, 07:34 »
    Bundles, gret news on the scan!
    Karhog, I am also being extremely careful with my diet because of the possibility to develop gestational diabetes and because I am anyway overweight. So far so good, but I'm not safe yet... Have lost 2 kgs, which made me very happy and more motivated to stick to this diet. I haven't bought any clothes yet, apart from a winter jacket as mine started getting too tight around the waist, but I will need to - have started a water gymnastics course and am in need of a bathing suit...
    I'm feeling pretty stressed out at work and wish I didn't have to come to the office... I said yesterday that I will gladly continue working for the company when the maternity leave is over, but only if I could stay in the office and not travel so much anymore. Now I'm not so sure I really want to stay...  They told me it is a "must" to go to Denmark on 22 Dec for a meeting with the board of directors although I told my boss the doctors recommended not flying AND, moreover, that I will be working till mid April at the latest... I really hate this. Sorry for being so whiny today...

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #82 on: 9/12/14, 08:38 »
    MrsF how rude of work  >:( could you not get a drs note to say no flying ? It's good that you've said you'll stay. They can't keep you to anything & you're safeguarded. I'm so lucky that I don't have to go out to work. I help run my OH's business so can work from my bed if needed  :)
    I put on over 3stone last time  :o I went a bit mad in the early stages  :-[ and am no skinny mini either. I finally lost all my baby weight last Xmas but put on half a stone with the failed cycle in Jan. I've put on a fair bit already but have been steady the last month, so hope to keep it well under 3stone. I do have days where I hardly eat, which I think helps balance the days I stuff my face  ;D I swam at least twice a week last time but haven't been once this time  :( but at least my dd keeps me on my toes.
    xx

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #83 on: 9/12/14, 08:51 »
    Mrs F, your company have a duty of care to you now you have informed them if your pregnancy and they should do a risk assessment to see if there are any changes to your duties/ schedule that are needed.
    In my last pregnancy I had to fight tooth and nail for my rights due to my high rusk pregnancy and my company not knowing how to desk with me.
    I ended up contacting Cab, and Maternity action group for info and advice.
    I won in the end although the whole process was quite stressful....not sure what my company will try and do with me this time. I am on A/ l till mid Jan.
    If your Dr has advised against flying, that should be enough for them.

Hi to everyone else..... Leggings and jeggings sound like a very good idea!

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #84 on: 9/12/14, 14:18 »
    Thanks for the tip Karhog. I did a short internet research and found the pregnancy and maternity acts/law as well as a similar organisation here. Will contact them if need be. And will have another talk with my boss come january. It was a really good tip and am very grateful to you  ^hugme^

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #85 on: 9/12/14, 18:03 »
    I've just re read my post and noticed all the spelling mistakes..... Hope you managed to make sense of it!

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #86 on: 17/12/14, 17:11 »
    Hi everyone how are you all? Its really quiet on here! Had scan today and we are having another boy! Placenta covering cervix at mo but hopefully will move out of the way. Will know more at 20 weeks.
    Anyone else due/ had a scan? How is everyone's bumps coming along?

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #87 on: 17/12/14, 17:15 »
    Congratulations on team blue karhog.

Obviously I've been here as your volunteer up to now but I'm happy to say I might have more to contribute now as I got a BFP on OTD yesterday  :)

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #88 on: 17/12/14, 17:53 »
    Fantastic news Mrs Rock, Congratulations!  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #89 on: 17/12/14, 21:16 »
    Congratulations Karhog that's lovely news  ^blueted^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

And huge congratulations Mrs Rock  ^chilli^ ^chilli^ ^chilli^ ^chilli^ ^chilli^ ^chilli^

Not much going on here. Twinkle is a bit of a wriggler & kicker which is reassuring but a little odd at times  :) Mind you, if he can kick like Jonny Wilkinson I'll be a very happy mummy  ;D ;D ;D Next scan in 4 weeks (at 28wks) so should have transferred care by then  :-\ was chasing today to find my GP had referred me to Haematology on 27th Oct but Whipps can find no record  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ Plan to sign up with new GP tmoro as I ran out of time today, then will probably ring Colchester directly.
    How's everyone's Xmas plans going ?? My tree is up ^xmastree^ pressies all wrapped but still got my cards to write & send  ;D I still even have a few more to make :-\   OH back tomorrow then he's off until 8/9th Jan  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ It's my birthday on Friday so let's see what rubbish excuse he comes out with for not getting me a present  ^bigbad^ usually he says 'your birthday's so close to Xmas, it's a nightmare'  my normal reply is, 'well it's been there for the last 14 years so why are you not used to it yet ??'  ::) ::)   This year, on 19th June I pointed out he had just 6 months to sort me something  ;D ;D
    Am fancying an early night as have been full on today. A woman's work is never done  ;D
    xx