* Author Topic: ANY IUI CLINIC IN LONDON THAT ACCEPT IMPORTED SPERM?  (Read 1636 times)

0 Members

Offline avilanet

• Registered-2
Hello, can anyone recommend a good clinic for IUI in the London area?  I plan to use donor sperm exported from Xytex in the US.  I have already tried the London womens clinic but they have their own sperm bank and do not import.  Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrsww

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    ANY IUI CLINIC IN LONDON THAT ACCEPT IMPORTED SPERM?
    « Reply #1 on: 20/11/14, 18:10 »
    When I had initial consult and LWC last year you could use imported sperm but as with all sperm used at clinics in the UK it has to be an open donor.  Looked into importing but it is costly as not only do you pay the overseas sperm bank but also LWC.  I think any of the nhs hospitals would let you use imported sperm, I know someone who at treatment at St Thomas and they used imported sperm.

Offline apples2014

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 20/11/14, 18:31 »
    Hi Avilanet

We are currently having threatment at the CRGH very close to Kings Cross. We are considering using donor sperm in our next cycle and the clinic gave us the details of Xytex. They recommend using them. They also have UK donors too but explained we can speak directly to the embryologists and can order from Xytex directly.

We are happy with CRGH as a clinic. We feel that the consultants really listen and give you their time.

Best wishes and hope this help!

Apples

Offline Altai

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 20/11/14, 21:59 »
    I had treatment with Xytex sperm in Create & Lister.
    I'd thought that all clinics accept material from registered sperm banks ... apparently not

Offline Custardlee

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 20/11/14, 23:24 »
    Hiya

We are with Guys ACU, and they accept Xytex, Cryos and European Sperm bank :)

We did two rounds of unmedicated IUI with them-BFP which turned into chemical pregnancy on our second. Then moved on to donor IVF.

Good luck!

Offline dojiejo

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 21/11/14, 17:21 »
    Hi I am at the Homerton and they used both Xytex and European Sperm bank. We went with Xytex.

Good luck

Offline ceci.bee

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 3/01/15, 14:54 »
    Hi We are with the CRGH as well and as you can see from my signature we are 34 weeks pg from IUI with imported donor sperm. our donor came from the california cryobank and didn't meet the HFEA criteria (long story) and the clinic were totally brilliant in getting the sperm in and dealing with the HFEA for us- including a special courier to bring it across. Their IUI sucess rates are pretty good, and we found their attention to detail with the IUi as good as the ICSI we had previously had. Good luck hun, hope you can get it sorted soon