* Author Topic: Home Insemination  (Read 863 times)

0 Members

Offline kirstee

• Registered-2
modify
Home Insemination
« on: 3/12/14, 13:22 »
I was wondering if you can get kits off your GP for this? Me and my partner have been trying for 3 years without luck, so we've got someone willing to be a sperm doner if need be but i just wanted tosee if i can get the insemination kit off my GP or just to buy offline. Any advice would be helpful.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Home Insemination
    « Reply #1 on: 3/12/14, 15:18 »
    I was wondering if you can get kits off your GP for this? Me and my partner have been trying for 3 years without luck, so we've got someone willing to be a sperm doner if need be but i just wanted tosee if i can get the insemination kit off my GP or just to buy offline. Any advice would be helpful.

Cannot see gp giving you a prescription for this. Tbh surely you just need a sterile container and string/plunger like tool? Bet if you google you'll find options.

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    Home Insemination
    « Reply #2 on: 3/12/14, 15:49 »
    Buy the syringes and sterile pots on ebay for not much money. I think we have 10ml syringes. We use a bit of preseed with it, but we only used this method when DH was very tired or there was a risk of me getting UTI. Get wider pots (not the urine ones you get from GP) as it makes it easy to get the sperm into.

Best of luck,

xx