Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFP - due date March/April 2015 Part 3

163K views 1K replies 38 participants last post by  carrie lou 
#1 ·
BFP - Due date March/April 2015

Welcome to Part 3!

To bookmark the thread please use the "Add Bookmark" button the top of the page.

*** If you would like to be added to the list below, please tell me your due date and if/when you find out if you are having a boy or a girl, I will put a ^blueted^ or a ^pinkted^ next to your name ***

Happy chatting ^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^

xx Carrie xx :-*

[csv=]

Name, EDD, Flavour
hilly35, 28/2/15, ^surprise^
lambanana, 2/3/15, ^storkgirl^
Twinkle - Toes, 3/3/15
robandkaz, 3/3/15
Sunny12, 5/3/15, ^storkgirl^
VeraNika, 6/3/15 *Twins*
mrshol, 6/3/15

pearl14, 6/3/15 *Twins*, ^storkboy^ ^storkgirl^
Daffodilly, 7/3/15 *Twins*
Mimiloulou, 8/3/15, ^storkgirl^
Shania77, 10/3/15, ^storkgirl^
jennifer86, 11/3/15
Mamochka, 11/03/15, ^storkboy^
Jojonz, 11/03/15
LoopyGladys, 12/3/15
NatW, 12/03/15, ^storkgirl^
Winterberg, 14/03/15 *Twins*, ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
osborne, 14/3/15,
^storkgirl^
MJ1981, 15/3/15

Toad, 23/03/15, ^surprise^
Charlotte022, 24/3/15, ^storkboy^
Calladene, 24/3/15, ^angel^ ^hugme^
Lynsey_90, 29/3/15, ^storkboy^
HG34, 01/04/15, ^storkboy^
sunhog, 1/4/15, ^storkgirl^
poppyseed1, 2/4/15
Ruu, 2/4/15
AngiePangie, 06/04/15 *Twins*
Confused1, 06/04/15
JaneLondon, 10/4/15
Faithope&J, 11/04/15, ^surprise^
Nikki 161, 12/4/15, ^storkgirl^
Hels23, 12/4/15, ^storkgirl^
Sammi87, 15/04/15, ^storkgirl^
LM123, 20/04/15 *Twins*
Arrows, 21/04/15, ^storkboy^
Blaggy, 21/04/15, ^surprise^
RaMaher, 22/04/15 *Twins*, ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^

[/csv]

See less See more
#2 ·
If anyone has any updates to be made to the list, please post below and I'll do it as soon as I can. ^hugme^

#3 ·
Team blue for me please.

#4 ·
Is there a team cream? If so can I be updated, thanks carrie x

#5 ·
Evening all!

Urgh horrible day at work. Ended up having full on preggy meltdown and couldn't stop  crying! Relaxing in the bath now. Been having a bit of crampy pain this evening. Nothing too bad, but if it gets worse will contact midwife.

Hope you're all well!

Ps Thanks Carrie x

#6 ·
Carrie Lou please can you add me please:
Charlotte022 EDD 24/03/15 team Blue

Also I don't mind moderating this thread especially if you have a few as I know they are fast moving you will have to contact Dizzi squirrel to request this though I think anyway up to you but I'm happy to help out here if needs be x

#7 ·
Hi all,

Long time no post - I can keep up with the reading but never seem to find time to post.... We had our 20 week scan last week and were SO so relieved that everything was ok. Strangely, the bit that made me emotional was when they zoomed in on the baby opening and closing his/her mouth! I almost said, 'wow! The baby's got lips!' - just little things you don't think of, eh?

Nat - sorry you've had an emotional day. Remember we have the ultimate caveat though so just go with it and try to rationalise that it's a temporary thing... Also, I have to say what a beautiful bump you have. I am in the rather annoying opposite position of having NO BUMP visible (unless naked!!!) and I'm sure people think I'm making it up! It's really annoying!

It is weird reading everyone's updates when so many of you are so much further ahead than me (21 weeks) - it is like a taste of what the future holds!!!!

Despite being up to date with everyone's news, I'm so sorry - I am totally unable to recall anything that anyone's said as I type now!?! The pregnancy brain thing is really doing me in! I struggled to remember surnames of friends when addressing xmas cards earlier!?

We managed to get a few bits on the amazon black friday deals so we have a monitor with sensor pad, bottles (as back up), nappy bin (though I would like to try 'real' nappies but think we will start off with disposables). We also got a really nice, clean, as new moses basket for a fiver from ebay and just need to buy a new mattress for it. Also a bouncer, baby bath etc. And my ex has just given us a HUGE bag of newborn clothes that his little one outgrew in 4-5 weeks!!

We are now preparing for our trip to Jamaica on Wednesday. Unfortunately I have come down with the World's Worst Cold and it is killing me that I can't take night nurse. I am dreading not being well enough for the flight and it turning into sinusitis/ear infection (which i often get) before we go. Sod's law eh? Went to Boots today and asked if there was ANYTHING I could take except for paracetamol and the woman said quite bluntly, 'Nope. Sucks being pregnant doesn't it?' and I just said 'well actually this is a much longed for baby so not really'. I don't like it when people are so blase about something that is so amazing... even if she does have a bit of a point at this exact moment in time!! haha.
Turns out you can't take antihistamines for mosquito bites either. Doh.

Anyway, thought I'd check in and say hi to everyone and hope you are all doing ok. Take care, Blaggy xxxx

P.s. - Carrie Lou - we did an update a few weeks ago (around 16th Nov) on the board that people added to and I believe this was the most up to date one that people had contributed to, perhaps you can copy and paste it? :-

Name EDD Flavour
hilly35 28/2/15 ^surprise^
Twinkle - Toes 3/3/15
robandkaz 3/3/15
lambanana 3/3/15
Sunny12 5/3/15
VeraNika 6/3/15 *Twins*
mrshol 6/3/15
Daffodilly 7/3/15 *Twins*
Mimiloulou 8/3/15 ^storkgirl^
Shania77 10/3/15 ^storkgirl^
jennifer86 11/3/15
Mamochka 11/03/15 ^storkboy^
Jojonz 11/03/15
LoopyGladys 12/3/15
NatW 12/03/15 ^storkgirl^
Winterberg 14/03/15 *Twins* ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
MJ1981 15/3/15
osborne 15/3/15
Toad 23/03/15 Team Cream
Calladene 24/3/15 ^angel^ ^hugme^
Lynsey_90 1/4/15
HG34 01/04/15. ^itsaboy^
poppyseed1 2/4/15
AngiePangie 06/04/15 *Twins*
Confused1 06/04/15
JaneLondon 10/4/15
Faithope&J 11/04/15 ^surprise^
Hels23 16/4/15
Sammi87 15/04/15
LM123 20/04/15 *Twins*
Arrows 21/04/15 ^blueted^
Blaggy 21/04/15 ^surprise^
RaMaher 22/04/15 *Twins*

#8 ·
Hello lovely ladies!

Wow - nice to be on the first page;-).

Winter - sorry about your best friend from childhood, I hope the hormones did not allow you to become too upset. Lighting a candle is the best meditation ever!

Nat - hope your cramping is nothing to worry about, enjoy your relaxing bath
loved your higher up bump! What are you wearing as winter coat?

Faithope - the scan pic is hilarious as well as your season greetings from both years ;-)!

Sunny - careful with your fainting episodes!  The other day I wS on the tube and it was full-full, it was only a couple of stations for me do I stood by the door and train stopped for 5 min and got so stuffy and hot. I felt do weak and was remembering you and Veranika.

Jojonz - I was also commented on bring quite compact but could not figure out whether it's me or the bump)) how's the weather down under?

Cannot go between old and new threads so more personals later

A little update from me - arranged for my antenatal care for 3rd trimester here and currently need to catch up on visiting otolaryngologist, ophthalmologist and do ultrasound of my heart. I guess based on these results and my blood tests they will decide whether I can go ahead with natural birth as I would like to (at least try). In my country IVF is sadly almost automatically qualifies for CS but with this midwifery center I have a chance unless there are counterindications!
As for purchases I am delaying everything till after New Years but probably will start working on the hospital bag (thanks for the list btw)!

Love to all

Mamoxx

#9 ·
Hi all,

Just checking in to see how you are all doing? Still some lovely bump pics ladies, I will get around to doing mine.

Winter, I'm sorry to hear the news about your friend. X

I will have a good read up and see where everyone is at, I promise,  I admit I do struggle to keep up sometimes but only because I read when I should be working. :)

Well baby brain has well and truly kicked in for me.  DH went to make a coffee earlier and went to get the milk out of the fridge and his shower gel was in there next to the milk!  I must have just unpacked the shopping and shoving it in there.  I can't get over the trauma I caused my cats this morning though.. Instead of giving them IAMS cat buiscuits which we keep in a tall Tupperware, I poured Cheerios in their bowls by mistake.  I think this cough combined with the pregnancy has turned my brain to mush.  The cats needless to say left the Cheerios!

My little lady has had a lazy day today and I didn't feel much in the way of kicking, I started to panic but. She's definitely making up for it now.  Also some kicks are pretty low down.

So glad it's Friday, it's been a tough old week! Xx

#10 ·
Winter - I meant to say so sorry about your friend. Losing someone so near to christmas always seems even more painful. It's good you're able to also focus on the joys of a new life arriving soon. x

#11 ·
Winter, really sorry to hear about your friend, sounds like she has had a tough life too.  :-\ ^hugme^

#12 ·
Winter sorry to hear your sad news  ^hugme^
Shania the cherrios made me laugh!
Mamo my Obs dr wants to avoid a CS at all costs but different places do things differently. Fingers crossed for you.
Blaggy I'm not sure I could do a warm country ATM I'm struggling day to day in this one, I hope that your cold goes soon, have you tried Karvol for the congestion & ho ey & lemon for your throat?
Nat I had a mealy down the other day & DP had no idea what to do with me he's scared of women crying I think!
Hello everyone else
AFM 4D scan tomorrow before my xmas ball & then Sunday im taking my cousin & niece to London to see Matilda! Plus a chance to do a little bit of shopping I have told them they have to carry what they buy so I doubt they won't  buy too much! I'm jealous of everyone's bumps you can bearly notice mine! Maybe it's because I'm tall. I have just done some ironing & sorted things out for the weekend, it's been ages since DP & I have been intimate so I'm going all out to look fabulous tomorrow night to see if that tempts him. x

#13 ·
Ah thanks ladies, really sweet of you all xxxx I was chatting to a few friends last night and they were saying that your mindset when pregnant really protects you from this kind of thing - it's like you know it's more important to look after your precious cargo. Anyway, it was nice to go out last night (even though we had set menu tapas and basically I couldn't eat anything that came out of the kitchen doh..!) so spent the night on bread and water which was a bit frustrating - particularly when the food smelled and looked so good!! All the fish was 'seared', there were plates and plates of amazing looking hams, blue cheeses etc. Can't wait until that first post-birth meal - parma ham, pate, soft cheeses, maybe a couple of soft boiled eggs and a very large bottle of red haha :)

Hi Carrie-Lou! I'm having two girls (yippee!)

Nice one blaggy finding that updated chart! I thought about trawling back but was too lazy!

natW, how are you feeling today honey? Hope the cramps subsided xx

Charlotte, I hope you have fun tonight and get jiggy haha! Sounds like you're fully prepared for it - can't believe you're still waxing (and a hollywood yikes!) I had my eyebrows threaded yesterday and nearly hit the ceiling.. ain't nobody going down to those parts with hot wax. I'm such a wimp, have resorted to razor (and even that doesn't get much of an outing these days..)

Shania, I'm looking forward to the day when you pour yourself a nice bowl of iams for breakie.. you so know it's going to happen!!

mamochka, hope all your results come back ok so you can go for the natural birth option :)

As time goes on I'm so utterly confused about birth options... I'm not actually scared of the birth particularly, I'm more concerned about the recovery and lack of sleep at this point but I think because it's twins people keep asking if I'm having an elective C section so I'm starting to think that maybe I should go down that route.. it's a tricky one isn't it.. after all the meds and ops and interventions, I'd love to try to have them vaginally (people look horrified when I tell them that!) but equally, be good to not have to be induced etc. I think there are enough potential complications with twins that it does end up in C section roughly 50% of the time so maybe I should just hold out until closer to the time and then make a decision depending on how everything's looking. Still got mild placenta previa so that may dictate I suppose.. what are your thoughts on birth? Has anyone made up their mind and written their birth plan? If I was having one, I'd definitely try for the MW-led birthing centre.. but it's 'labour ward with epidural' or 'C section' for twins at my hospital.. :-\

Have a lovely weekend everyone xxxx I'm waiting for the carpet fitters to arrive and DH is delivering a bed we sold on ebay - it's all fun at our house today. Tree going up later yay! xx

#14 ·
Hi all, quick update from me. Ended up down mat unit last night as pains got worse. Long story short, hospital are treating me for water infection with antibiotics and strong painkillers for the pain which could be round ligament pain. They weren't really sure as my water only had traces of protein and no temp. Got to go back if gets worse, but  coping Ok at the moment :)

Will catch up later
xx

#15 ·
Carrie Lou - please can you update front page for me? My due day is now 29th march and we're team blue!

Nat W - so sorry to hear you ended up having to go to hospital. I'm sure the antibiotics will sort you out and hopefully the pain will start to subside. I had water ininfection at bout 9 weeks and was on amoxicillin for a week but it was totally asymptomatic I had no pain or anything and was only picked up from urine sample. Anyway i hope you are being looked after well and keep us posted.  ^hugme^

Winterberg - just echoing what the other ladies have said so sorry to hear about your friend that's really sad. I totally get what you mean about being pregnant and your kind protecting you from certain things though. Like you say it must be your minds way of  helping you to focus and protect little one. I've not properly thought about birth plans yet but I have heard lots of good things about water births so if that ends up being a possibility its something I would like to try. I'm sure you will get a clearer idea nearer to the time - can appreciate there must be so much more to consider if you're having two.

Charlotte hope your 4D scan went well and you have a great weekend sounds like you have a busy one!

Shania - your baby brain stories have made me laugh!l definitely feel like I have been forgetting loads of things recentlyI always thought it was an old wives take but it's obviously not!

Blaggy - hope your cold clears up for your holiday! It's so tough when there's nothing you can take I feel your pain!

Hilly - glad all was ok with your little one when you got checked out - so worrying these little ones at times!!

Sorry for not going back any further and for everyone I've missed ive been ill all week so just playing catch up and doing this one my phone! Hello and hugs to all though!

AFM I caught a bad cold which turned into sinusitis and fever. I'm now on antibiotics for sinusitis and starting to feel a bit better but still very heavy headed. Have to say my midwife was amazing when I rang her and got me in to see her straight away. I was bit worried about taking antibiotics but she said it's much less harmful than leaving the infection so it really reassured me. Dr told me there's nothing else I can take besides paracetamol- no decongestants not even olbas oil (!) so been struggling to sleep as so blocked up! It's definitely harder being ill when pregnant! Still as long as baby is ok I can handle it!!

Managed to make it to our 4D scan on Wed and confirmed we are definitely team blue! This time he had his bits very clearly on view for us! We only got a bit of the 4D experience though as he was laying in awkward position for us to see his face - he's definitely camera shy! We did get a tiny glimpse of it but then he buried it completely down into my uterus and we had to give up! It was amazing what we did see though and luckily they are giving us a second attempt for free in a couple of weeks! The only 3D pic we got was of his feet lol!! Even that I cant stop looking at and thinking how cute though!!  ;D

XXxx

#16 ·
Oh Natw. you poor thing :( Hope it clears up soon - keep drinking lots of water.. and maybe (check first if ok to use in pregnancy) but I find putting a couple of drops of lavender and tea tree oil in a shallow warm bath really ease the pain/burning and help you to relax and feel less crampy. But definitely check the essential oils - I think they're fine, but not 100% xx

Lynsey, boo to your horrible cold :( sinusitis is so painful too... I had it twice last year and found it really hard to shake off. There are some totally med-free things you can use - salt water spray for your nose which helps loosen everything (the one I have is called 'Ocean spray' - it's literally salt water) or you can use a neti pot - i won't try to describe it, but you can look it up - it's basically a salt water nose wash (harder to use than the spray) but efective. Hope one of these might help alleviate the horrible stuffy/painful feeling xxx Your scan sounds amazing!! can we see his littlefeet??

I've just been to the post office to send about 20 ebay parcels - am flogging everything, it's such a good feeling!
Love to all xx

ps. Hi Carrie-Lou! I'm having two girls (yippee!) - don't think the pink stood out in my last message!

#17 ·
Carrie Lou - my edd changed to the 15/04/15 and I'm team pink x

#18 ·
Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying your weekend. To those with colds, I feel your pain - week 3 now for me, it's a particularly bad one going round with terrible cough (Both girls had it too & dh)

Just wanted to ask CARRIE LOU to update me to edd March 14tg & definately team pink for a 3rd time (!!) having had 4d scan this week 😉

Off to bed now (sad but true!) - gotta make the most of the girls both sleeping as having cleared their colds/coughs, dd2 is teething again so crying on/off midnight through 3am & dd1 keeps waking at 5:30 to open her adevent calendar!

Night all xxx

#19 ·
Hi ladies, just to say I've done all the updates up to here (copied and pasted the list supplied by Blaggy and then updated as requested) so the list should be correct now, just let me know if any more changes to be made :)

#20 ·
Carrie Lou - plesse can you add me on as team pink? Thank you!!

#21 ·
Carrie Lou - could you add me as double trouble team blue please, twin boys EDD still the same .  Thamk you x

#22 ·
I'm having a girl (but have yet to buy anything pink!) and my EDD is 2/3/15 not 3/3 thanks :)

Growth scan tomorrow...going to ask them to double check if it is a girl.

#23 ·
Lyndsey the 4D scan was amazing we got a video & 46 pics about a third of them were good & the rest were ok, I have a polyp in my nose so I feel your pain.

For those of us suffering colds for a decongestant you can use carvol (I think that's how it's spelt) which come in little capsules it's meant for young children & babies but it's been a god send!

Nat  ^hugme^ I hope that you are better soon

Winterberg all that waxing was wasted but I can't see me having another one till well after my little boy is here! So frustrating! I am going mad! My SIL had a natural birth in labour ward with her twins so it is possible.

I have been told that those hand held stress balls are fantastic to squeeze during labour so I am defiantly going to be ordering some!

DP's mother is coming to see our bungalow later & as I'm here by myself I need to do some cleaning as she doesn't want her son moving 20 minutes away & I know she's going to pick holes in the place because it's my place & not his although he's being added to the mortgage when it's up for renewal next year. As I have just had the insulation done & it's far bigger than his place plus next to a very good school it makes sense to live here, it's closer to my family who help me out with my business & home life & his are of no help at all x

#24 ·
Hi everyone

Winter - sorry to hear about your friend.

Shania -  love the place brain stories.  My cat is so bonkers he might have eaten cheerios!!  ;)

Charlotte -  hope you enjoyed matilda, we went last year and enjoyed it. Glad 4d scan was good  :)

Nat - hope the infection clears up, sounds miserable  :( but at least curable.

Afm,  I am feeling happier now in week 24  :) and baby is moving around a bit more - still no regular pattern.  He/she had a lazy day on Thurs last week so I had a minor panic but I think he/she had just moved as the kicks feel low down now and not as sharp as when they're up under mmy ribs. Had my doppler out the last few days to reassure myself.  DH is desperate to feel the kicks too, I feel so selfish and sad that I can't share the experience -  there have been a couple of occasions the kicks could be felt on the outside but by the time I call dh they stop  ;) I am sure he will feel them soon.

Do all midwives do th email lucozade test?  I hate the stuff!  My mw hasn't mentioned anything about it that I can recall. My 28 wk bloods will be in Jan tho. 

Also beginning to wish we weren't team cream now! Trying to decide/agree on 2 names rather than focus on one gender is hard. For some reason we find girls names easier and narrowed it down.  All the boy names I like my dh doesn't and vice versa  :(

#25 ·
I think you only have to do the lucozade test or the GTT if you have a BMI over 30 or family history of diabetes, I haven't had it either time. 

I found naming easier last time when we were having a surprise and we'd have been fine if this one was a boy but we just can't decide on a second girl's name that we both like that fits with our surname and that sounds good alongside DD's name.

#26 ·
Morning everyone!

What a weekend. I've only just managed to pick up my antibiotics and painkillers this morning as the hospital pharmacy was closed all weekend! Couldn't take the prescription the ward gave me to a community pharmacy as it was a hospital prescription only. Argh! At least I have them now and hoping to feel better soon. Still shattered at the moment though!

Blaggy, ooh Jamaica! You lucky thing. Have a wonderful time! Sorry you've had a rotten cold. Lots of rest and vitamin C is all I can suggest!

Mamo, hope you are able to have the birth option you want. Do you have January sales over there to buy your bits and pieces for a reduced price? I'm hoping to get a few deals then!

Shania, that is funny with your baby brain! I completely thought it was one of those myths of pregnancy until mine kicked in. I mostly just forget what words I want or say silly things, but haven't left anything in the fridge that shouldn't be there - yet!

Winter, if you can have the babies naturally, then go for it I say! I know the problem with twins is often how they are laying so they have to be delivered by c-section. I'm sure your consultant will best advise you anyway :)

Lynsey, sorry to hear you are also suffering with a cold! Lots of it around at this time of year I think. How amazing was your 4D scan? Good they are giving you another viewing to get some better piccies though! We're having ours on Sunday, I can't wait! If we get some good pictures, might make some quick Christmas pressies out of them for the family.

Osborne, sorry to hear you are suffering with a cold too :(

Charlotte, your 4D scan sounds brilliant. I can't wait until ours now. Special early Christmas present for us :)

AnnR, congrats on getting to 24 weeks! I don't think baby gets a regular pattern for a few more weeks yet. I've more or less detected a pattern, but when I think I have, she changes her mind again! I have the Count The Kicks app and I'm going to try and remember to use that daily now and hopefully that will help to determine a pattern. No, I've not done any glucose tests. I think it depends on your local trust and if you have any risk factors.

Well, after my trip to hospital, I now know I'm measuring 28cm, which the Dr said was 'spot on' so definitely not accepting the 'big bump' comments any more! Did have a few more over the weekend though, but I put them all right!  ;D

Finally got our tree and things started to get a bit more sorted round the house. DH is away all week working, but then his contact finishes Friday and we don't know when his next work will be, so although that's a pain money wise, he'll be about to get some house bits done.

Hope everyone else is well and had a lovely weekend. 10 days till Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.