* Author Topic: Home insemination, worth it?  (Read 960 times)

0 Members

Offline mogg77

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Home insemination, worth it?
« on: 16/12/14, 22:21 »
Hi, apologies that this is similar to other threads! I am not single but posting here in case there are more people with experience in this. Due to a zero sperm count, me and partner are facing our second ds ivf in the new year. We are advised to buy our own sperm, whilst browsing the cryo site we started looking into home insemination.

We will be borrowing for ivf, so money is an issue obviously.   I have no fertility issues we know of, and just feel my body hasn't had a chance to try on it's own with proven sperm if that makes sense? Which will obviously be a lot cheaper.
     I am just 40, which is obviously an issue, but all my tests came back great and I responded well to the first ivf, bar the embryos implanting.
  We are thinking to have two shots at it while waiting for the ivf, what are others thoughts/ experiences? Any success stories? Are we wasting our time? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline TrionaT

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 16/12/14, 22:36 »
    Hi Mog,
    no harm in trying i guess.I did twice but felt I
    didnt use high enough motility.If I did it again I
    would use MOT 20-30min just the once on day 14of a 28day
    cycle...timing is obv critical as it only lasts 12hrs..try 12hrs after
    pos opk...i havent had success but heard of one person
    who had.other tip is order it in plenty of time as they
    charge extra for speedy delivery.Good luck.oh and liquid nitrogen
    much better than dry ice more gtee that its correct tempxx

Offline mogg77

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 16/12/14, 23:05 »
    Thanks, that's helpful! I feel I have so much to learn, luckily my cycles pretty regular, although I'm concerned it may have been thrown a bit with my ivf last month. So you'd recommend 12 hrs after the ovulation kit says go?  I've been trying to work out if two spaced out shots on same cycle could be best. And whether to use instead cups ( we tried these ttc before we found out about dps azoospermia, due to undescended testes at 4)sorry if dumb questions, not quite down with all the abbreviations yet and this is all pretty new to me!