* Author Topic: ICSI-only donor??!!  (Read 495 times)

0 Members

Offline even

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
ICSI-only donor??!!
« on: 18/12/14, 12:27 »
 I've been offered an ICSI-only donor - is it just me or does that sound totally ridiculous?!  Isn't the whole point of a donor that they have really good sperm?  Not sure whether I should accept or not - any ideas?  I'm quite angry about this, I can't believe I'm about to spend thousands - there's perfectly decent sperm available from overseas if stocks are low in the UK - and they seem to think I should accept what sounds like very low quality sperm.

They say it won't affect the outcome?!

I have days to make this decision so I'd really really appreciate some advice asap  :(
thanks
ev

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bumble Bus

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    ICSI-only donor??!!
    « Reply #1 on: 18/12/14, 13:20 »
    A couple of thoughts from me....

I'm an advocate of icsi as I had 1 x ivf with 60% fertilisation and then 2 x icsi with 100% fertilisation, leading to better embryos and something to freeze.  All were with same donor.  In fact I was cross they didn't use icsi first time around!

Having said that, I wouldn't accept sperm I wasn't happy with and it doesn't sound like they're giving you much/any choice?  There is sperm in the UK, there was a thread here a little while ago - https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=324990.0

Good luck whatever you decide.

Offline even

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    ICSI-only donor??!!
    « Reply #2 on: 18/12/14, 15:01 »
    bumble thanks so much for your answer, i'm already due to have ivf so i guess it's ivf with the icsi process?
    just wanted to say thanks
    can't make a decision today, too much other stuff to do, and maybe i can't have icsi anyway as i think there's a massive cost to it (which obviously the idiots at the clinic didn't bother to mention)
    so frustrating. for so long
    thanks again bumble
    ev