* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 69995 times)

0 Members

Offline Lizzie070

modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #10 on: 13/01/15, 07:18 »
Hi Briss,

They freeze day2, and as far as I know transfer day 3, but haven't got there yet. Have been saving them all and if they survive the thaw will use the four in two goes if needed. So defrost two and have them, then if that doesn't work try another fet with the remaining two.

Its amazing that1/3 of the drugs has given me the same eggs, and I have coped so much  better with this approach.

All the best

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 13/01/15, 12:16 »
    Just had my day 8 scan and not sure what to make of it. I do not have a dominant follicle. The largest is only 7.5 mm. Usually by day 9 I have at least 16 mm dominant follicle. Does this mean I am going to ovulate later than usual and the follicle is just taking its time to grow or something is not right about this cycle? My lining is 8.7 which is as it should be so it's basically ready for ovulation. My CBFM has been giving my HIGH readings last two days so I guess my estrogen must be high and I thought I will be ovulating soon. Now I am just puzzled. Still waiting for my blood test results of this morning and a response from the clinic.

Lizzie, how does this work to increase your chances compared to having ET every cycle? If you transfer fresh embryo every cycle you can obviously get BFN/Chemical if the embryo is not viable but wont you get the same result if you transfer them later but by freezing them wont you be decreasing your chances as maybe a viable embryo wont survive the freeze? I might be completely wrong here it's just how logic goes in my head, I heard of people doing 3 cycle thing with one transfer but just trying to work it out in my head. Did create explain the benefits of this approach?

Offline Lizzie070

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 13/01/15, 19:45 »
    Given my poor response, I wasn't sure I would get any fertilised as nothing worked on my first cycle. Therefore I thought this approach would give me a chance of one et after the three cycles as aiming for just one quality egg each cycle would give me a chance of fertilisation. I have been lucky to get three and on ny third cycle am working on a fourth.
    with freezing I figure if its strong enough to survive that, it should have a chance, and have been told figures for fresh vs frozen are pretty equal.
    I am day 11 and my folicle is only 14 so I don't think your progress is too bad, but maybe your bloods will give a better clue if the other signs are contrary.
    good luck

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 13/01/15, 20:01 »
    Had a very disappointing day today, my blood test results were even more confusing. my LH was quite high at 12 so looks like my body wants to ovulate soon but estrogen is lower than usual at below 600 (while on previous cycles when I had a dominant follicle it was 1,400-1,800 on day 9). On top of that the clinic said that they think I already ovulated because my progesterone was elevated at 1.8 ng/ml. I am now beyond confused. How is this possible it's only day 8, my temp is still low and I thought 1.8 is rather low for ovulation? There only way this could possible happen if progesterone really messed up my cycle by delaying my period so that there was a mismatch between the start of the next cycle (i.e. AF) and follicle development which started a few days earlier. This could logically explain abnormally early ovulation if follicles started growing 3-4 days before I got my AF but is this really possible?

anyway, my doc was not even in today so I am hoping he will clear things up tomorrow but I think I would still like to repeat my bloods/scan later this week even if only for my own understanding. Quite an expensive exercise but I feel I need to understand what happens if synthetic progesterone really affects my follicle development and makes me ovulate early the next cycle cos I may need this for my future natural IVF cycles

Offline AnnaMathilde

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 13/01/15, 22:40 »
    Hi Lizzie, Can I ask, do they fertilize at each collection? my clinic told me that that would be way to expensive to have ICSI at each collection. So for finances its better to collect a few before going to ICSI. But I would possibly be interested in fertilizing at each cycle, so you know a little better what your chances are before transfer. I am thinking of waiting a month between last collection and transfer so that the drugs get out of the system... Though I don't know at what stage I should stop collection.... that's why fertilization at each collection would be a good option...

Briss, I have no idea what is happening tomorrow with EC... maybe best be a little ignorant otherwise I won't sleep. I'll just let it happen, I guess. No idea if there is sedation or not... For your disappointing day, I have no idea as not an expert. However I sometimes get a little annoyed with statistics and test results.... I sometimes prefer not to look at them. Remember that the benchmarks are just averages and "ideal"-levels. I have read on this board people with abnormal levels who according to the benchmark had 0% chance of falling pregnant/having successful IVF and still they did. I don't think my estrogen has gone anywhere near your 1400, and I don't even know what it should be. So if your estrogen is "too low" according to the "theory", then firstly you can't do anything about it this instant, so maybe just go with the flow and stay healthy and focussed.... and secondly the stress of worrying that you may not get to the "right" level will only have a negative effect. Stay Zen...

I started my first IVF for EC cycle on 5 december (long protocol), and I feel I have joined a hidden/secret/silent society of IVF-'sufferers'... I just cant believe the hard work/stress/hormonal-effects etc IVF has on you, and that there are sooooo many women going through this and you never hear a single moan in public, they do it all in secret. I told someone today that if men had to do IVF, the whole world would know about the stress of it, the agony of it, the side effects of all the drugs, the injections.... This is not a moan as I am grateful that IVF exists and is an option for us, and I am just in admiration of the female-sex for their stamina! ....Amen

Offline AnnaMathilde

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 14/01/15, 19:58 »
    Just in case anybody is reading... I did my egg-collection today. I did get sedated... only a light one, but it worked a treat for me. Didn't feel a thing and was only "out" for 10minutes.

However there were no eggs. Just 1 empty follicle.... Not sure what to think of it. Obviously very disappointed. And just worried this is a very bad sign for any success in the future. Worried that I am wasting my money, being stubborn and naive.

Not sure if I should just "accept" the worst and be grateful ( ^pray^ ^pray^ I sooooo am) for the beautiful daughter I have and give up on this immense desire to have a larger family (I come from a big family myself, and my brothers and sisters are my most precious thing in my life!!). Or should I consider donor egg? My partner will never ever accept that... so....

Am going straight into a next cycle with a new protocol... we'll wait and see what happens...

:'( :'( :'(

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 14/01/15, 20:32 »
    Anna, I'm sorry for your disappointing result today. The follicle may have been empty, or the doctor may simply have been unable to capture the egg. Unfortunately, there's never a guarantee that the egg will be captured during aspiration of the follicle, as it's a very inexact process. This is one of the reasons that most clinics really prefer the standard IVF methods if you can get good results with them -- no one wants to have to tell a patient that they went through the heartache of a cycle and didn't even get a single egg.

Wishing you lots of luck with your new cycle. I don't know your partner, but many, many people find their feelings on donor eggs change over time, as they experience the heartbreak of BFNs and/or miscarriages, and watching their loved one's disappointment. My husband didn't like the idea at all at first, but he's accepted that's what we'll eventually do if my own eggs just can't get the job done.

Offline Lizzie070

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 14/01/15, 21:00 »
    Hi Anna, Sorry to hear your news. I wish you much luck for your next steps.

I have fertilisation after each EC and freeze at day 2. ICSI is a bit more expensive and I do have to pay for each one, so this is the third, but I got zero fertilisation with normal ivf, so this seems the best option.  I have one folicle this time, the others stopped at about 7mm, I am having a scan tomorrow where I am hoping that it will be ready to trigger (it was 14 at the last scan).

No of folicles not so great this time, but not sure if this is because I didn't have a gap between cycles this time (getting impatient).

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 14/01/15, 23:00 »
    AnnaMathilde, I have been reading a lot on empty follicles situation and apparently in most cases it's just pure human error in retrieving the egg. do you know your oestrogen levels on the day of trigger? in any event if your levels were too low they would not have proceeded with EC as they would have suspected there is no egg or poor quality egg but if oestrogen levels were good you most likely had an egg but either it got away or they failed to get it. I happens all the time. I totally support your decision to carry on with the next cycle. on my first cycle they did not get any eggs but we did get one the very next cycle so you just never know.

afm, my temp was up this morning so it's possible I ovulated by day 8 of my cycle which is quite shocking. still trying to get to the bottom of what's happening but to me it's quite clear that this is to do with my ET/progesterone from previous cycle. I was hoping to do back to back natural IVF but it looks like if we get to ET and get BFN then the next cycle might need to be skipped to get my body recover from progesterone.

Offline Altai

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 15/01/15, 15:08 »
    Anna- so sorry for your disappointing result. Wishing all the best for your next steps.
    Unfortunately, there is a high cancellation rate for (japanese) mini Ivfs.
    Don't know how old are you but for my age group it's more than 50%.

Briss - sorry cant comment in ovul symptoms as don't think I ever could feel them.
    Hopefully bloods retest will give an answer.

Lizzie - good luck with scan.

Afm- have started japanese mini ivf. The plan is to do 3 rounds of embryo banking. Was on femara this cycle, grew 3 follies but only got 2 eggs, both fertilised and were put in on D3.  I had a fresh trf this cycle due to the cost. But if this round is not successful, then straight to banking.
    Next cycle is planned as tamixofen combo. Praying I won't need it.