* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 69994 times)

0 Members

Offline gpk

modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #100 on: 1/03/15, 16:21 »
Thanks a lot for the wishes Briss  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 1/03/15, 16:32 »
    Hey GPK - why do you have to decide tomorrow? Can't you have a scan on day 1 of AF see if your ovaries ae depleted and then decide if your body needs a rest? That's what I was did with Create. If I started my cycle with them my first scan would be on day 5. I know their scans are expensive so I did the day 1 scan somewhere else. One of the nurses reccomended it.

Hope everyone else is well. AFM AF due any day now.... I'm hoping later so I can be in Athens before I ovulate xx

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 3/03/15, 12:56 »
    Had my CD8 scan today and have 6 follicles, of which I think 3 will probably be a reasonable size for collection (currently 17, 16, and 13 mm, plus the 3 smaller ones). This is a good a result as I've ever had on the conventional protocols, so I am very pleased. Am waiting to hear back from the clinic if they want me to use Cetrotide today and tomorrow, and when they want me to administer the trigger shot (I'm guessing tomorrow or Thursday). Flying to Brno tomorrow evening!

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 3/03/15, 14:15 »
    That's great result Crazyhorse, to have 6 follies and potentially 3 eggs on a mild cycle. And you are so close! Almost ready to trigger, exciting! All the best, have a safe journey and enjoy Brno. Hope EC goes well.
    I'm a bit behind you, on D9. I also have potentially 3 follicles that are growing at around the same rate. They're only 14-15 mm today, so trigger might be another 3-4 days. So far I had 3x 75 doses of Fostimon and I'm already on Cetrotide, Clexane, aspirin and will be starting dexamethasone tomorrow. That's good result for me, first cycle I had was on full stims with only 1 egg that barely made it to collection. We need to believe in our bodies, we can do this!!  ^bigbad^

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 3/03/15, 15:35 »
    Thanks, gabi -- given the small amounts of meds this cycle, I'm thrilled (albeit still very stressed). I'm certainly glad I insisted that my first u/s scan needed to be CD8; Reprofit normally recommend first scan on CD10 for mild cycles, and that would have probably been too late to get me to egg retrieval before ovulation. For mild or natural cycles, it certainly pays to know if you normally ovulate early!

Today is only Day 6 of stims for me, which means I will do 7 days of stims in total this time (letrozole 2x per day, plus 75 iu Menopur 1x per day). I have to think that's better for egg quality than the 13 days of stims -- or 18 days, after downregging on Buserelin!-- on my previous cycles. It just seems like a much healthier approach, and it's certainly more tolerable for me as the patient.

I'm taking Cetrotide today and tomorrow to make sure the eggs stay put, and taking the trigger shot tomorrow night for EC on Friday morning. Good thing I'm already scheduled to fly tomorrow!

Hi to all the other ladies...  ^wave^

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 6/03/15, 16:03 »
    A wee update from me: I had EC this morning, and got 4 eggs!!!! That's as many as from my two completed IVF cycles on conventional stims combined. So I'm over the moon about that.

We've opted for conventional IVF instead of the clinic's standard ICSI, because we've had 100% fertilisation with conventional IVF in the past, and I suspect there's at least one immature egg in this bunch that might fertilise naturally but wouldn't survive ICSI. Fingers crossed.... ^reiki^

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 6/03/15, 17:13 »
    Congratulations Crazyhorse, 4 eggs is brilliant! Good luck for fertilisation. x

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 6/03/15, 17:43 »
    Crazyhorse, excellent news! fingers crossed for fertilisation!

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 7/03/15, 05:46 »
    Crazyhorse, I'm thrilled for you, that's brilliant results!! Good luck with the fertilisation, hope the swimmers will do their best. I'm heading for EC as we speak, quite nervous as I'm worries I may ovulated despite the cetrotide, it can never be guaranteed. OH wants to do icsi as we'll only have 1 or 2 eggs and he wants the best chance even though his swimmers are in good shape. We'll see, let's get some eggs first!

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 7/03/15, 09:00 »
    Good luck gabiladybird, let us know how you get on. I'm sure you won't have ovulated.
    X