* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 70001 times)

0 Members

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #110 on: 7/03/15, 13:07 »
Good luck, gabi!! Sending good thoughts your way.  ^reiki^

AFM, we now have 2 embryos and are scheduled for Day 3 transfer on Monday morning. This isn't as good a fertilisation rate as previously, but I suspect two of my eggs may have been immature, based on follicle sizes. Overall, I'm very pleased. Obviously, 4 embryos would have been ideal, but this means that we don't have the agonizing wait to see if embryos arrest between Day 3 and Day 5, or possible future decisions about what to do with an unused frostie. I can live with that.  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 8/03/15, 19:37 »
    Thats great news Crazyhorse, two embryos is fantastic. Good luck for tomorrow.

Offline HanaFubuki

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 8/03/15, 19:52 »
    Hi everyone

I am on my third round of IVF at Reprofit in Brno. Currently 8dp5dt.

The last two cycles were mild IVF. 

Did anyone else start out being prescribed very high doses of Menopur using standard IVF protocol and then move, after it was unsuccessful, move to mild IVF?

Thanks and good luck to everyone else in the midst of this crazy journey!

Hana

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 9/03/15, 14:20 »
    Crazyhorse, two embies are great, I hope they're sticky ones.  ^reiki^

We had our EC on Saturday and heard back from the embryologist on Sunday morning, both eggs have fertilised and looking good, yipee! Different story this morning at ET, when we were told one of the embies didn't make it but the other one is doing very well, if anything, a bit too fast at dividing. In a rush, just like me! It's not multinuclei either, so i'm hoping for the best but staying firmly grounded and won't be too surprised if it didn't work. Heartbroken but no surprised.  ^pray^

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 9/03/15, 15:28 »
    Hi, gabi, very pleased you had something to put back! Fingers crossed for you.  ^reiki^

AFM, I had my two embryos put back this morning. At the check this morning before transfer they were 8 cells and 4 cells, but on the screen before transfer (Reprofit have a nice set up where they show you onscreen the images of the embryos under the microscope) the second embryo had clearly divided into at least 7 cells. Both were top grade in terms being low fragmentation, which is better quality then we've had previously. My embies on previous go-rounds weren't bad in terms of fragmentation, but these really did look text-book perfect. Here's hoping those nice looking cells have normal chromosomes in them and decide to settle in!

Am having some back and forth with the coordinator about getting the intralipids prescribed for administration in Edinburgh later this week. She is claiming they can't send Fertility2u a prescription for them, as the intralipids have to be administered by medical personnel. But I talked with the doctor this morning at embryo transfer and he said it would be fine! And I know Fertility2u will ship intralipids to the patient to be administered by whatever private nurse you're using. So here's hoping there's a sensible outcome. I don't know what she thinks I'm going to do, set up an intravenous drip at home with no training or equipment?!  ^idiot^

Cherish13

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 10/03/15, 11:07 »
    Just popping on to wish you lots of luck Crazy! 🍀 :) ^pray^ Good luck everyone else here too! xx

Offline shivey

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 13/03/15, 22:21 »
    Hi Ladies. I am new to posting on FF although became a member 3 years ago when going through IVF (stimms). I think you might be able to help me so I hope you don't mind me jumping on the band wagon! I really think you could help me re a natual ivf cycle, currently unsure about proceeding with treatment at SERUM, Athens or investigating Create. I have read all of your posts and I wish you luck with your journeys xxx. Anyway my story, I had my baby boy Sam 2 years ago via IVF, and I know how lucky and blessed I am particularly as having been referred to IVF re husbands sperm it transpired that my AMH was shot to pieces (1.75 the age 36, AFC 10). I was on the NHS at UCH (RMU) in conjunction with CRGH and they decided just to give it a go. I was slow to respond to the stimms but we got 12 eggs, 3 to blast. Two were transferred ad I had my baby Sam. I would love to have a sibling for Sam but try not to lose sight of what I already have. Anyway, I went back to CRGH this time as a private patient. I transferred our one and only frostie last summer but sadly miscarried at 9 weeks. I felt able to pick myself up and try again a few months ago. Back to CRGH for the dreaded Ovarian Reserve test, now .85 and seem to have lost 5 follicles too. They said it is natural ivf or nothing and I very much felt like I was on the AMH scrapheap for CRGH. The costs of natural ivf there are huge nor do I think they are the right place for it. Having spoken to friends who have been to Serum in Athens, and the lovely warm Penny herself I think this is the place for me. Penny thought it likely on those results a tailored natural ivf perhaps with clomid or another drug would be the way forward but she is going to reserve judgment until my infection test results (a test they offer at Serum) and when we meet her next month. Suddenly feeling very overwhelmed by the thought of several natural cycles in Athens and what it means practically. I am guessing with natural you need to be prepared to do a few cycles (I am guessing???), would you be expected to be there from day 10 and until when? Those blasted ovulation kits have always shown smileys quite late in my 28 day cycle (18) but maybe if I was on Clomid or the like that would bring ovulation more in line? I am probably overthinking it all but just thinking ahead, booking time off work etc etc ( you can hear my mind exploding). Which then made me think maybe explore somewhere like Create who are known for natural/mild ivf but having called them 4 days ago they have still not got back to me so not sure that is a good sign.

What a long story, so SORRY, any tips much appreciated. xxxx

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 13/03/15, 22:36 »
    Good luck Crazy horse. Things sound very promising  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Shivey - I'm at Serum now doing natural. I don't konw what to expect but perhaps if you want more control over your cycles you could do clomid. If you scan at home you can be out there for 2-3 days tops but obviously you can't transfer the same month and freezing makes it more expensive.  I don't think you can plan natural cos every cycle is different.

Gabi -  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for good news.

GPK - how are you? Have you decided what you are going to do for your next cycle?

Hi Hanafubuki, Janieliz, Briss and anyone else I've missed.

Offline lollipopwanted

• TTC for 5 years-Blessed with a rainbow baby girl!
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 14/03/15, 20:39 »
    hi all, sorry for the non posting i thought i had bookmarked the page and then lost it! doh  ^idiot^

briss - thanks hun just hoping i can get at least 1 good fertilised egg then ill be happy  ;D

good luck everyone xx

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 16/03/15, 16:24 »
    Just wanted to let people know I got my BFP today on this mild IVF cycle. Trigger shot should have been gone yesterday, but I still had a shadow of a second line this morning, following the vaguest possible hint of a shadow of a line yesterday. Tested again this afternoon, and the line is definitely darker -- you have to look carefully, but you don't need a bright light source to see it. Will keep testing over the next several days to ensure it gets darker. Clinic's ODT for using the HPT they gave me isn't until the 23rd, which seems crazy! I will probably have beta hCG bloods done on the 20th, which is 14dpo, and when I had the beta last time.

This is a BFP a day sooner than on my previous cycle, so I'm hoping the higher hCG level indicates a healthier embryo this time.  ^reiki^

Sending good wishes to all who are embarking on this protocol. I can hardly believe how easy this cycle was compared to previous ones, in terms of no side effects!