* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 69991 times)

0 Members

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #120 on: 16/03/15, 19:45 »
congratulations crazyhorse!  ^banana^ ^banana^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 16/03/15, 19:54 »
    Thank you, LuckyE! I just wanted to update everyone because I know lots of people kind of doubt that mild IVF can really work, but it gave me the best quality embryos I've had so far.  :)

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 17/03/15, 11:30 »
    CrazyHorse, congratulations!! so happy for you. praying this is it.

afm, not so good news. I had a natural (no meds) IMSI cycle in Germany in Feb, got my BFP on 11 DPO and my HcG levels were very good and doubled at they should. my the first scan was very promising but a 6W5D scan showed no HB and my HcG did not increase as they should in the last two weeks. This looks like a missed mc. I never had a mc before and am very scared (as well as completely destroyed emotionally - it took almost 5 years and 6 IVFs to get this BFP). At the moment my body is still holding on to the pregnancy, I have no spotting. I was so hoping IMSI will help us with poor sperm quality and it did in a way but IMSi still cannot guarantee the sperm has sound chromosomes.  I do not even know where we go from here.

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 17/03/15, 11:55 »
    I am so very sorry, Briss.  :'(  ^hugme^ I know how terrible it is to have such a desperately wanted pregnancy, so long in the making, end in this way.

Let yourself grieve and try not to think too far ahead yet -- managing the day-to-day challenges is the key thing right now. I'll be thinking about you and sending good wishes your way.  ^reiki^

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 17/03/15, 13:35 »
    I'm so sorry Briss. Is that for definite? Is your Hcg still increasing? Sometimes heartbeat is hard to find so early on, i've heard of cases when the lady had to have 2nd and 3rd opinion to find the baby but it was there. Have you stopped all your meds yet? Maybe try to carry on with progesterone supplements until it's totally confirmed that your hcg is dropping and it was a mc. It is heartbreaking, i know, been there. Stay strong!  ^hugme^

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 17/03/15, 15:30 »
    thank you, ladies. I still find it hard to believe. the scan did not show HB and the size was 1-2 weeks behind but I was not happy with the lady who did the scan so I had some hope that she just missed it or something but then I got my Hcg results they only increased from 3,200 to 10,500 in 2 weeks! they are supposed to be close to 50,000 by now as they need to double every 2-3 days. My clinic said it looks like a missed mc but I need another scan next week to confirm before I stop progesterone. I will also do a few bloods just to be sure of my HcG levels. I know mc is very common in the first trimester and after IVF but I was still hoping with IMSi we will get a good embryo. and it started off really well. something happened last week, I noticed that my breasts are not as sore and stopped growing, I did not need to pee as often and I got acne which I usually get around O/AF when hormones change but I had no spotting so I was still hopeful until the scan and blood tests came through. next few weeks are going to be very hardů

gabiladybird, how are you? have you had your ET yet?

Offline Altai

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 17/03/15, 21:15 »
    Briss - I am so sorry, so heartbreaking to lose a long awaited pregnancy.
    Have you asked your clinic maybe HSG shots  might help?
    Look after yourself sending you best wishes.

Crazy - congratulations, fx for the successful outcome.

Afm -  had EC last Friday,  got 7 eggs, 6 fertilised by icsi, Russian clinics seem to be obsessed by icsi, didn't agree  to 50/50 split due to the low number of eggs retrieved and my age. Had 1 embryo transferred @ D3 and the remaining 4 will find out tomorrow if I had anything to freeze. Same story as in previous cycles. Am praying I will have some to freeze.
     It's my 3rd embryo banking cycle and not a single embryo has been frozen so far. I am doing embryo banking so I can have a combo oe/de cycle in the future. It's easier to accept de this way for me.
    Briss -  once I go to de, I will do it in russia, that's the reason am doing embryo banking in Moscow.
    Hi to all and best of luck in the next steps , take care

Hugs

A.

Offline N_N

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 21/04/15, 01:30 »
    Hi All
    First of all, I'm so glad I found this thread!!

DH and I are considering mini-ivf for our next round. And while I'm halfway through reading this thread, I was wondering about everyone's reasons for doing mini-ivf in the first place?

Thanks for your time and wish all of you well  :)

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 21/04/15, 01:44 »
    I had such poor response to high-dose stims (using a variety of drug protocols) that I figured I'd get just as many eggs through mild IVF. As it turned out, I got *more* eggs through mild IVF; while it seems like 50% were immature, my embryo quality from the two that did fertilise was much better. So, for me, it turned out to be the dream protocol.

Offline RiftRaff

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 16/06/15, 18:14 »
    Seems as if this thread has gone quiet so thought I would join and see who is out there!
    Im on my second natural cycle of IVF. I did the first one in January it was cancelled due to poor follicle growth. Only got to 13mm. I was advised by one doctor to try a stimulated cycle so got all the drugs for that but then went back overseas to where I currently live. I came back to the UK in May and was going to start another cycle. The same clinic then recommended that due to my age and reserves that a natural cycle would be best for me. Thankfully they took the drugs back due to their confusing messages.
    Im now day 14 of my cycle and the follicle is only at 13mm. Just got a call now to say that my LH levels are high 24.8 so it looks like Im ready to ovulate but the follicle is not developed enough. They want to cancel this cycle.  :-[
     :-\ I feel really confused. Should I have done a stimulated cycle? Was there anything they could have done on a natural cycle to help the growth? What do I do next?