* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 70004 times)

0 Members

Offline K8O

modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #30 on: 21/01/15, 22:26 »
Hi

DH has been taking Vit C and Vit E (I would have to check the doses but he is away with the bottles at the moment).  He went from counts of 10 million to 22 million. I can't remember the rest of the results but can have a look,  everything had improved a lot. He has no DNA fragmentation as we had that tested.  He is now also on 40 days of anti biotics.  It is the sperm improving protocol that Serum suggested and the vitamins alone have made a massive difference.  He has also lost a bit of weight and started running.  The consultant thinks our failures are done to quality rather than other factors so wants us to see what happens in the next few months before we go for treatment but I'm impatient!

Hope af doesn't take too much longer for you.

Kxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 21/01/15, 23:10 »
    that's very impressive! My Dh has been taking E and C and billion of other vits for a few years but there was no noticeable improvement.  why did they suggest such a long antibiotic treatment? has he done culture test that caught something?

Offline K8O

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 22/01/15, 18:04 »
    They want to get rid of any possible underlying infections that may exist but not present themselves if that makes sense.  His vit c is 1000mg and Vit e is 400 plus his well man conception tablet

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 22/01/15, 19:19 »
    thanks, still 40 days of antibiotics seems really long and harsh but they know better I guess.  we have similar doses of vit E and C, and higher doses at some point. he used to take wellmen, now on fertilaid + count boost + motility boost + various additions (quite a long list)

Offline KRichmond

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 24/01/15, 17:30 »
    Hi Briss

You mentioned early ovulation and that is my main concern at the moment. Were you on centrocide? Did you only know that you had ovulated early on EC day?

Lizzie70 - don't know if you are still checking this but I would like to know how you found the 3 cycle process and hope that it is going well. I have the first EC on Monday but am really worried that I have ovulated this afternoon....I might just be paranoid and I am trying not to get too stressed about it.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 24/01/15, 17:54 »
    KRichmond, I generally know I ovulate early around day 11 so in a natural cycle it's not an issue as I have my first scan around day 9 and if follicle is ready they trigger me the same day. my last cycle I ovulated exceptionally early by day 8 but this is so out of order for me, I personally blame progesterone I was taking from EC the cycle before.

On my stimulated IVF cycles I was on cetrotide both times and LH just went up regardless of cetrotide. The were concerns that I may ovulated before EC but it's not certain until you are prepped for EC and they do the scan. The first cycle we lost my dominant follicle it was there on the day of the trigger and disappeared on EC. on my second cycle the same thing happened LH went up and they had to trigger me after only 9 days of stims but I started taking indometacin from trigger and up until morning of EC as it helps keep the follicle from rupturing and releasing the egg. On EC they saw on the scan that my dominant follicle had irregular shape which means it started ovulating. They still proceeded with EC and luckily the egg was still inside so they got it just in time.

because both stim cycle it did not go according to plan mainly due to LH rising despite cetrotide they say I should not do any more cetrotide protocols and may consider long protocol which should theoretically help with my early ovulation. I am still considering trying long protocol but I have reservations (i) I know short/cetritide protocol works better for high FSH ladies so if it did not work for me than maybe long protocol will be even worse? (ii) I am afraid of quieting my ovaries what if they won't wake up after that? I have read about ladies who were taking down reg meds after which they stopped ovulating so I am concerned.

at the moment I carry on with natural IVF because it works for early ovulation (not as early as day 8 of course). it's obviously a gamble every time with natural IVF as it's hard to time EC so from time to time I will have cycles where no eggs collected but indometacin helps a lot so I am hopeful.

Offline KRichmond

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 24/01/15, 22:15 »
    Thanks for the response Briss. I am always early too.....and my temperature has gone up. Oh well I will just have to see what happens on Monday. I did get my blood tested today.  Good to know that they got the egg in your case. I have done 2 long protocols and I was thinking this was the better option. When is your next cycle? Just off to do my trigger now.

Thanks again for the details.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 25/01/15, 12:51 »
    good luck with your trigger and EC!

Can I ask you about your experience with long protocol? btw, what's your FSH? is it normal?

on my very first natural/modified cycle my temp went up on the morning of EC and I was so depressed, was sure we lost that egg but actually it was still there and they got (ended in chemical pregnancy unfortunately). so temp is not always accurate. but this cycle when they told me I already ovulated by day 8 I did not believe them cos my temp was still low but sure enough it went up on day 9 and stayed up and then the blood test confirm my progesterone also went up.

Offline KRichmond

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 25/01/15, 17:48 »
    Hi Briss

My FSH is 5.4. I was fine with the long protocol in terms of feeling OK and getting some eggs the first time but the second was a bit of a disaster but I was so geared up for it in terms of time off work, finances etc that I went through with it even though I wasn't really responding well - 13 days of stimming on Gonal F 300 after 35 days of down-regging.

I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. Am a bit concerned as I did an OV test this morning and it was positive. The doctor yesterday said it was rare to ovulate ahead of EC so we will see. My LH yesterday was normal at lunch time but I know my body and I am sure it was yesterday evening....sorry going on about it as my DH is not at all interested in these details!!!!

And given that  I am doing the 3 cycle I can only learn from this experience. Given my DH's sperm results ICSI and IVF is the only hope but it is quite a gruelling process isn't it?

Are you doing no drug other than centrocide and the 'i' one?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 25/01/15, 20:31 »
     KRichmond, wow 35 days of down-regging!! poor you that's just awful. how many eggs did you get on that cycle? your FSH is very good so you should respond properly to stims. I understand your concerns about O, I have that fear every cycle. have you not had to do the trigger shot? if you did that should give you positive OPK the next day but maybe it's different for long protocol?

I am not on cetrotide anymore as it does not work for me, at the moment it's just natural (no stims) + trigger shot + progesterone when we have an embryo