* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 69993 times)

0 Members

Offline KRichmond

modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #40 on: 26/01/15, 16:15 »
Hi Briss

You are absolutely right about the trigger shot causing this! I have just been for EC and they got 3 which is great. I just need to keep fingers crossed for fertilisation. I think now I have been through this once I will feel more relaxed about the next two goes.

I got 4 eggs from the long cycle with only 2 fertilising. So anything more than that is progress.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 26/01/15, 17:34 »
    KRichmond, 3 eggs is wonderful news! keeping everything crossed for fertilisation

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 26/01/15, 17:46 »
    well done Krichmond.  ^pompom^

Offline KRichmond

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 27/01/15, 21:02 »
    Got the phone call at 9.30 that none had fertilised properly so I haven't got anything. I think the eggs were of poor quality. Oh well I am going to give it two more goes and then see. Not sure there is anything too much that I can do to improve this, have been taking my vitamins, accupuncture etc.

Thanks for the encouragement anyway Briss and LuckyE. My DH is being surprisingly positive as I was all set to abandon all hope.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 27/01/15, 22:37 »
    KRichmond, I am so sorry to hear your news. it's devastating. you might be right about egg quality being compromised during IVF. what protocol did you do this time? was it the one where you had 13 days of stimming on Gonal F 300 after 35 days of down-regging? sorry if you already mentioned this before but have you tried mini IVF or natural? it may make a difference to your fertilisation rates and egg quality. I personally do not think acupuncture or vitamins can improve your egg quality if they are up against very powerful stim meds. take a month or two to recover before trying again. also, please ask your embryologist to explain how eggs looked on collection, they usually tell you if they see something is not right: colour or shape or granulation. This can help you decide whether this was due to eggs.

also was it ICSI or IVF? if it was IVF definitely do IVCSi next time even if the sperm is good, it may not be able to penetrate the egg or on the contrary more than one sperm goes it. what did they mean when they said the eggs did not fertilise properly? were there any eggs that had 3 Pronuclei?

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 27/01/15, 22:57 »
    Krichmond - I am so sorry.  ^hugme^ I hope you are being kind to yourself. You got eggs last time which fertilized, so it's strange how these didn't. Was it a natural modified cycle they did? What were the drugs? I agree with Briss, you need to speak to the embryologists they give you more information than the consultants I find. Deep down in my gut I feel it's the clinic the did something wrong. It happened to me with my first cycle. They said it was my eggs that were bad - all 7 of them. They said it was my age. But other consultants said they stimmed me for too long and used a drug that didn't suit me - Gonal F.  And since changing my protocol I have ALWAYS had blastos and no one has ever said my eggs are bad. The thing is, clinics can't take the blame or they have to offer a refund.

Diet - I guess it's true. A consultant told me that people starving in the 3rd world get pregnant. That put it in perspective for me. So definitely do what you feel.

Offline KRichmond

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 28/01/15, 07:22 »
    Thanks for the notes. I actually had low drugs and icsi. The two other times when I did get eggs was high stimms and icsi. So who knows what is right for me. I will try to find out a bit more but am trying to catch up with work at the moment. How are you both doing?
    If the next go is the same result I may have to wait a while.

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 5/02/15, 21:32 »
    Bump  :)

Offline gpk

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 9/02/15, 18:49 »
    Hello,

may I join this thread ?
    I am currently in the natural IVF path, after failed stim cycles.

I had afc of 3 on my initial consultation at Create in Jan 2015. AMH was 7.9 tested during my last cycle at ARGC in Sept 2014.

xx
    gpk

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 13/02/15, 11:47 »
    Just a quick update from me, i've been very ill so was not sure if we could go ahead with natural iVF this month. but we went to Munich anyway, I was reading about ladies who got sick but the clinics were still willing to do EC so I fought I leave it up to them. Luckily my temperature was down on the morning of EC and they went ahead. We got one egg. Very unexpectedly i had two follicles on the scan before the procedure, no idea where the second one appeared from but they were both same size. that second follicle on the right had an egg but the main one did not. very strange. Maybe my body switched follicles in the last minute because of my illness? the procedure was very brutal, no sedation and it took 5-6 tries before they got to my left follicle, i was close to passing out from pain. I am not sure I can find it in me to do that again. I will ask for sedation. I also started bleeding after the procedure. and all that on top of my general chest infection. basically in the end the egg fertilised. It's really strange how I never get any fertilisation on stim cycles but my eggs tend to fertilise when it's a natural cycle. We went for IMSI this time as the sperm sample was not great. I had the transfer on day 2. I was still bleeding but they said it's vaginal from EC wound so not an issue. I saw my beautiful embryo on the screen before the transfer :) I am PUPO!!! but so unwell i am still coughing and my chest hurts a lot but I am so pleased!

The next step is to test on 11 DPO. seems early but that's how they do it in Munich. I was told not to pee on anything but do a blood test. if it's above 5 than I am to repeat the blood test but if it's below I should stop progesterone. no "late implanter" hoping there