* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 70003 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #60 on: 17/02/15, 10:39 »
gpk, I am sorry to hear EC was so difficult. I was actually coughing myself and I think that was the reason they did not do sedation, I could control my coughing. but with 3 follicles they had no choice it had to be sedation. It's really hard to say what was the reason for one of your eggs not fertilising and the second one fertilising abnormally, best to talk to embryologist and ask about the quality of the eggs. They can usually say by looking at the egg and judging by its colour, shape etc whether it's going to fertilise. Two times when my eggs did not fertilise I was told that it was either darker or granular so both times there was an indication of poor egg quality (most likely to do with stimulation rather than collection process). however, during my review the doc said it's not necessarily the egg, it could have easily been due to poor sperm quality, basically impossible to say but I tend to trust the embryologist.

also, was it ICSI? I know that ICSI can go wrong and affect fertilisation it all depends on the person doing it. Did you ask about abnormal fertilisation? was it 3 pronuclear or something else?

Fingers crossed the one that fertilised is your lucky embryo and is all you need to get pregnant. 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline gpk

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 17/02/15, 11:19 »
    Briss, it was ICSI. And the abnormal one had 3 pronuclei ! It is hard, cant guess what might have gone wrong :(

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 17/02/15, 11:29 »
    GPK -  ^pray^ that your embie is the golden one.

Offline gpk

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 17/02/15, 11:56 »
    Thanks a lot for the wishes Lucky..

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 17/02/15, 14:31 »
    Hello ladies, I'm so glad i've come across this thread, we all seem to be in the same boat, it's good to hear from others with similar background. I've had two ICSI short-protocols, fully blasted with drugs and not producing much. Last cycle with ARGC, managed 5 eggs, 3 mature, all 3 fertilised. Follow-up consultation revealed embies were all multinuclei, possible cause for non-implantation. Next step is to try mild cycle to preserve egg quality so we're going for quality as opposed to quantity. I'll still be taking Cetrotide so shouldn't miss ovulation.
    Every since my first failed cycle a year ago, I've had the feeling that my body is not going to co-operate with all these drugs and will just do its own thing. Bit stubborn, just like me.
    Congratulations to all PUPOs and good luck with all upcoming ETs.
    GPK - i'm sure i remember you from an argc thread... :) I've been lurking around for some time...

Offline gpk

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 17/02/15, 16:45 »
    welcome gabiladybird :) Yes I was in ARGC two cycles last year ! Wish you goodluck in the mild path.

Just got a call from embryologist. The one fertilised has turned 4 cells and they have frozen it.

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 17/02/15, 18:24 »
    Congrats gpk, that means its a good one if they can freeze it! Are you going down the embryo banking path?

Offline gpk

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 17/02/15, 20:57 »
    Thanks janieliz. Yes, i am thinking of embryo banking, also i have chosen the 3 cycle package from Create. But Not sure yet whether I go ahead with the ET, after these 3 cycles yet !

Btw, I was asking embryologist about the quality of eggs before the fertilisation, she said, they were not good quality. She was not able to speak very fluent english, so i didnot dig too much. But what i understood, she was talking about cytoplasm and shell quality. But she said, the one fertlilised looks good quality after fertilisation with 4 cells and grade 1. Not sure whether the quality before fertlisation will affect the implantation.

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 18/02/15, 08:21 »
    GPK, I looked at the 3 cycle Create package, it looks good. Are you cycling back to back for the next 3 months then?

I don't know much about the egg quality prior to fertilisation, I am guessing though as it fertilised and looked good quality it should be fine. I think they say implantation rates are better on a FET due to less interference from drugs etc so hopefully it should balance it out.

Offline Altai

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 18/02/15, 21:13 »
    Briss, gpk - sorry you had troubles with EC. Hopefully it's all behind now.
    I had a cough during EC in Lister and they did accupuncture while I was under sedation to suppress cough. Apparently it worked.

Gpk - I also had 1 embryo abnormally fertilised with icsi this cycle.

Afm - my 2 remaining embryos slowed down after d3, so nothing to freeze this cycle. I do believe it might be because of icsi, also new sperm perhaps not good match.
    Unfortunately, the clinic does either 100 icsi or 50/50, no traditional ivf and freeze only good quality blasts.
    So, changing a clinic  for the next cycle.

Hi to ladybird, lucky, janiliez and to all who's reading.