* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 69992 times)

0 Members

Offline janieliz

modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #70 on: 19/02/15, 08:10 »
Hi everyone,

Altai, where are you cycling at the moment then? If you are using donor sperm, shouldn't it be IVF that they are using or does it depend on what the eggs look like? You seem to be getting really good numbers on this lower dose of stims. I think my FSH is too high now and my follicle count to low.... I need to speak to Penny about whether there is anything I can do to lower it etc.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 19/02/15, 12:11 »
    Hello all,
    Does anyone know whether ICSI would damage the egg? I think there is a higher chance of it happening but the embryologist would always offer ICSI if there are a low number of eggs to work with. So far, we haven't had problems with fertilisation but the quality hasn't been the best. I was just wondering if IVF would give us a better chance though we might end up with no fertilisation at all. Difficult decision....
    I'm so desperate to get away for a weekend but can't book anything while all this is going on. Life is on hold...

Offline Altai

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 19/02/15, 22:01 »
    Janiliez- am did this cycle with Altra Vita, Moscow. I was surprised myself with 5 eggs.
    Peny had me on 450u plus 2 femaras- I got 7 eggs but only 5 mature. Got the same numbers on mini protocol.

Altra has tailored protocol to me so well. Pity that they didn't deliver on embryology side. Unfortunately, it's almost always  icsi as method  of fertilisation with them. Doesn't matter DS or  de. If oe at my age and my n,  then definitely icsi. Even though initially I agreed with dr 50/50 split.

My first ivf was with Create - they, too, did icsi and quality of resulting embryos was very poor.

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 19/02/15, 22:17 »
    HI All...

It's so funny. Some clinics say ICSI is a sperm problem not an egg problem. So at Guys they did IVF cos there were so many sperm. Although when I spoke to the embryologist there was something about poor egg shell or something. I questioned it but she didn't really explain. She said the egg fertilized. I am not sure what Serum do. I am assuming IVF but I don't know.

Altai, GPK, Briss - hope you are bearing up well. Am saying a little prayer for you all tonight. xx

Offline lollipopwanted

• TTC for 5 years-Blessed with a rainbow baby girl!
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 19/02/15, 22:58 »
    hi ladies,

may i join you all?

Im heading to reprofit in APril and havinng mild ivf with clomid 150mg daily and 75iu menapur. we are starting out with mild ivf as i have PCOS so the lower the stims the better for me and my cysts lol if it doesnt work we will switch to full ivf but depends on how i respond etc etc. Also paying for icsi on one egg and think if we get anymore i will just let them do it the normal ivf way although not 100% on this as of yet i have factured 2 icsi into the fund just incase lol

Rach x

Offline Altai

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 22/02/15, 17:04 »
    Welcome lolly. Hopefully it'l be a winning  combination for y & u get more than 1 egg.
    I've looking at Eastern  European clinics (incl Russia)   and was surprised that mini ivf is quite often used there. I think much more that in the UK.

Lucky - I think Serum does traditional ivf if there is no sperm issues. Mine were all ivf and it worked well.

Afm - once again negative. Though official otd is next Wed. So,  still taking drugs just on case (of what?) but already started planning next cycle.
    Trying to decide on the next combination of drugs - not that I have the whole pharmacy store with me but there is a little bit of room for manoeuvre with drugs.

Hi to all and a good rest of the Sunday

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 22/02/15, 19:12 »
    Hi everyone,

Altai - sorry to hear that, is it not a little early to test though? Planning next steps...will you cycle again next month?

x

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 24/02/15, 21:30 »
    Altai, how are you doing? I am hoping things are looking up.

guys, I need ur advice.

I am about to do natural IVF but I need to know how intense is the monitoring as I will not be able to get a scan for 2 days... Is is every day or every other day?

Also, I might have to trigger at home in UK instead of abroad where my clinic is. Did anyone who did natural use ovulation predictor kits? If so do you still need to trigger if it says you're ovulating? I didn't think you would need to as isn't that the point of the trigger? Or is the point of using the trigger to trigger BEFORE you ovulate?

I dont' want to bother my clinic with all this. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 25/02/15, 12:30 »
    Lucky, just quickly to respond. I find natural cycles required less monitoring, once they established your dominant follicle they can usually predict ec day by follicle growth which is about 2 mm per day.   I usually have only 1-2 scans/bloods per natural cycle. They start usually later around day 8-9 and I ovulate early sometimes I just do a scan on day 9 and my follicle is already over 18 mm so they trigger me the same day. You need trigger in natural ivf so they could time ec. I always do the trigger in London and fly the next evening. Ec is usually 35-37 hours after the trigger. They should tell you the exact time for trigger and ec. Good luck!

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 25/02/15, 12:51 »
    Thanks Briss. It's all a lot clearer.

Ps I've been keeing tabs on you since your terrible egg collection at CRGH. And I'm really pleased for you.  ^pray^ for a happy 9 months.