* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 69997 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #80 on: 25/02/15, 13:01 »
Lucky, thank you! I will be updating you all properly once I get my scan next week and feel I little more confident. Its just so scary,   after TTC for almost 5 years I just do not dare to believe it. But I am a firm believer in natural IVF (with IMSI if sperm is not great) in certain situations. For me personally completely natural cycle with only a trigger and progesteron after ec works best. But everyone is different.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 25/02/15, 13:22 »
    Had my D3 scan today and I seem to have 2 follies in each ovaries, which is pretty good for me. Doctor said they'd review my file and may put me on the short-protocol again. I'm concerned that will damage the egg quality, i was actually looking forward to doing mild stims and giving my body a better, more natural chance. We'll see, they should call me later on, I have tons of drugs in my car, just in case I'm back on the high doses.  :-[
    How's everyone doing? Hope you're all well. x

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 25/02/15, 21:30 »
    Briss.....fingers and toes crossed here for you...xxx

Gabiladybird - 4 follies, thats brilliant! Let us know what they decide. x

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 25/02/15, 22:08 »
    gabiladybird - 4 follies is Fab. Are you definintely doing short? What will be the amount of drugs they'll give you on the short?

Briss - I'm so glad you stuck to your guns. I think natural is best in some situations, definitely. Good luck for the scans.  ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 26/02/15, 09:12 »
    So, I'm going all natural! :) (I already have if we count not shaving my legs, such a chore :))
    No drugs yet, probably starting tomorrow, they've said it's normally d5. Back for bloods and scan tmrw morning and then we'll see how it goes. Consultant seemed to try to talk me out of natural cycle, I said I would do whatever they advise but I want the healthiest egg/eggs possible. Not holding my hopes up, I did that last time and the disappointment was very bitter. How can you stay positive and prepare for bad news at the same time? Ahhh...
    Good luck with your scan Briss!

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 26/02/15, 09:27 »
     gabiladybird, every clinic tried to persuade us to do stims. But I just know after several failed cycles its a waste if eggs for us so we were firm. I only had embryos and transfers on natural cycles, never on stims so it seemed pretty clear to us

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 26/02/15, 10:18 »
    I have started stims this morning for my cycle of mild IVF with Reprofit -- letrozole 2.5 mg twice per day, 75 iu Menopur once per day. I'm also on 5 mg per day of prednisone on an empirical basis, due to my long history of immune-related issues.

Since I'm an early ovulator, and am doing work where I can telecommute, I've arranged to be in Brno from cycle day 10 onwards, with a scan in the UK on cycle day 8. Because it's an enormous pain in the backside to travel from my home in Edinburgh to Brno, I'm just going to stay in Brno straight through ET, assuming we have something to put back. I'll have intralipids administered there on CD10, and they'll also do the blood tests for clotting disorders and elevated NK cells (MUCH cheaper there than in UK).

Fingers crossed!

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 26/02/15, 11:45 »
    gabiladybird - are they going to add any stims in at all or is going to be completely au natural?!

Crazyhorse - Good luck with your cycle, it all sounds very organised, how are you feeling about going to Brno, I think this is your first IVF abroad? Is the first time you have had steroids and intrallipids? You will definitely have something to put back, everyone feels like that on a natural cycle.

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 26/02/15, 11:52 »
    Briss - thank you for the reassurance. I totally agree, I want to do what feels right to my body and I know how awkward it can be, sticking two fingers up to stim drugs and producing only 1 egg, so what is there to lose?
    Crazyhorse - I love Brno. It's a lovely place and the people are very friendly. I know you're not going there to have a good time, far from it! I must look into prices for IVF abroad, sounds like a less expensive option. Good luck with the treatment!
    Janieliz - I will be taking stim drugs but low amounts, such as 75 merional I think and will also be taking Cetrotide, probably from quite early on as I tend to ovulate early, so we'll need to keep those eggs in till they mature. If everything goes to plan, I could have EC next weekend. Scary!

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 26/02/15, 11:55 »
    gabiladybird - that all sounds really positive, I had low stims and I managed to produce 2 eggs from 3 follies so you will deffo do eel with 4 folliesl. I bet your egg quality will be really good too with this approach. Very exciting!!