* Author Topic: Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread  (Read 70002 times)

0 Members

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
modify
Natural, mini, mild (etc) IVF chat thread
« Reply #90 on: 26/02/15, 12:01 »
I'm hoping it will be good enough to produce that golden egg Janieliz!  ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 26/02/15, 12:53 »
    Brno and reprofit are fantastic. I really liked the clinic, it also helps that they do not charge you if you have no eggs at ec.

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 26/02/15, 13:48 »
    Thanks, ladies. I really like the people I have interacted with at Reprofit so far. I'm pretty calm about going abroad for this -- many of the people at the clinic speak good English, and based on my experiences traveling elsewhere I'm sure all of them will speak at least a few words of English or German. With the Internet, English really is the language everyone defaults to these days when your native languages aren't the same. DH is concerned about the language issue due to the fact that it will already be a high-stress situation and he doesn't want to deal with silly misunderstandings in restaurants and so on, but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm looking forward to walking all over Brno while I'm there.  :)

Wishing lots of luck for everyone else currently cycling....  ^reiki^

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 26/02/15, 15:09 »
    Crazy horse - so exciting! Good luck.

Good luck Gabiladybird.

Please keep us posted

Offline gabiladybird

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 27/02/15, 11:44 »
    So those 4 follicles are now down to potentially 2, one at 10mm and one at 13mm. If little one doesn't catch up then we only have the golden egg to hope for! That's pretty much all I had with the highest dose of drugs in my first cycle, so am I worried? Nope, I'm actually quite relieved and liberated that I didn't have to take any drugs so far and I've still managed 2 potential candidates. I'm waiting to hear back with my blood results this morning, I have a feeling they're starting me on cetrotide very soon if not today.
    On a positive note, I was chatting to a lady in the waiting room and she was having pregnancy monitoring. She's said she suffered with IBS all her life, had 1 failed cycle before ended up at this clinic. She then thought to give up gluten to get healthy for the new cycle and hey presto, she got pregnant and her IBS disappeared. (she wasn't pretentious about it at all, just wanted to be helpful)
    We all know gluten is not good for us but it's hard to go without it and when people keep telling you that they just ate everything and carried on with their lives, you do wonder if this is just a myth or does your immune system is really holding you back from having a baby? Because you're one of the unlucky ones who do have to watch what we eat to control those inflammations.
    Briss and Crazyhorse - Reprofit sounds great, I'll keep it in mind as a very, very last try, if I manage to save up some money.

Hello LuckyE, Janieliz and everyone else.

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 27/02/15, 22:08 »
    so pleased for you gabiladybird! So good that your eggs are roughly the same size.

Did the lady say how long she did gluten free? I have gluten intolerance and dairy - but it's so hard to stick to. I think if you don't have ibs you don't need to give up gluten. I could be wrong. But a lot of consultants believe in immunes. MY NHS ones weren't into it but I think that's because they can't cos it's the NHS and there needs to be proper trials and all that.  I remember reading on here that one lady saw her NHS IVF consultant in the private fertility clinic she was attending! Think that' says it all.

Glad you're getting along well, Crazyhorse. reprofit does sound ace.

Amazing that they don't charge if you dont' get eggs! It's must be a nice comfort blanket.

Offline gpk

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 1/03/15, 08:40 »
    sorry for not being  here for sometime . Was bit hectic at work.
    Briss :  ^congrats^ on BFP .  ^pray^ everything will be ok and hope your long wait is over soon..

Hi Lucky, gabiladybird, janieliz and crazyhorse and everyone, how are you ?

Update my side, I had planned my 2nd cycle (out of 3 cycle from create ) back to back. But now i am thinking, whether i wait another month, (just give some time)..not sure..But my AF is already here :(. Still thnking abt whether i go ahead this month or not..I need to decide by tomorrow. ^bigbad^

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 1/03/15, 10:00 »
    gabiladybird, just to come back to your discussion on ICSI, statistically ICSI has higher fertilisation rates than IVF but ICSI is no guarantee for fertilisation. egg/sperm can be of poor quality and not fertilise but also there is always a risk that ICSI is not done properly, a lot depends on the person doing the procedure. the clinics will never tell you if they screwed your eggs they will just say no fertilisation. However, it depends on the sperm a lot, if sperm is not great then again statistically ICSI is a better bet. in our case ICSI was not even enough, we had to rely on IMSI. I personally think when choosing a clinic their embryology lab is so important, protocols/stims is all very well but half of the important stuff happens in the lab. I know clinics often offer split IVF/ICSI 50/50 if you have decent number of eggs and actually they prefer to transfer IVF embryos rather than ICSI embryos. if both groups ferilise they check IVF group first and only if this  group is not great than go to see of ICSI group has any good embryos.

Your two follicles look good, good sizes so there is every hope for at least 2 eggs.

re gluten, gluten is actually fine. I think it's a marketing thing to make gluten look evil so they could sell their non-gluten stuff. There is a small percentage of people who have related illnesses and various intolerances to gluten so for these people it makes a lot of difference when they go gluten free. From what I have seen it's like a life changing thing. but for the vast majority of people it makes no difference. if you are not sure whether you have gluten intolerances it may make sense to go gluten free for a few months and see if you feel any different. You can always test for various gluten related illnesses as well. but when you go gluten free, make sure you read your labels because most gluten free foods are super bad for you while TTC because they are packed with nasty things to compensate for luck of gluten.

Altai, how did you chose this clinic in Moscow? Has somebody recommended them? they usually decide IVF/ICSI depending on the sperm but I am surprised they couldn't be more flexible and do 50/50 split. could you generally recommend this clinic? I personally do not know anyone who had IVF in Russia, can I ask (feel free to ignore me) why did you chose Russia? is it the price or a particular doctor? I go to Russia at least couple of times a year for business but I just never thought of it as IVf destination. Generally if you liked their protocol you could probably repeat it with a different clinic where they would do the IVF/ICSO split. but you are right they are not keen on mini IVF in London, CRGH for example will only do proper stims or completely natural cycle, I think it's mainly Create and Lister that offer mini IVFs. Have you decided where you are going for your next cycle?

Lucky, I also heard that ICSI is usually a sperm issue but sometimes it can be an egg problem e.g. when they had previous IVF fertilisations that failed because the egg shell was too hard (age thing) and no sperm could penetrate it or if it did not close and let more than one sperm in. in situations like this clinics would not risk it and do ICSI next time.  we were su surprised when we went to Reprofit for EC, I had 2 follicles naturally with no stims but they couldn't get any eggs so they told us they will only charge 50 euro for the needle! I could not believe it. Obviously we still paid for bloods/scans in london + travel so it's not a completely free cycle but it's just so nice of Reprofit to do that. I do not any other clinic that does this.

lollypopwanted, good luck with your cycle at Reprofit. your protocol sounds good. You will like the clinic, they are all lovely, speak good English and very flexible so you can discuss what you want to do. Definitely go to staroburno brewery, they have lovely Czech food. 

CrazyHorse, best of luck with your cycle. It looks like you have arranged everything perfectly. I also heard that blood tests for clotting disorders and elevated NK cells are much cheaper in CR, it would be good to get those done so you know what you are dealing with. if you have time take a train to Prague for a day, it's really nice. trains are super cheap and it's 3 hour journey. In Brno definitely go up the Cathedral, the view is beautiful!

gpk, it's so hard to advise cos it's a very personally decision but I'd totally go for it this cycle. My mind set was to give every egg a chance but I was doing natural so it was easier. if you have stims it might be better to skip one month but again depends on how you are feeling generally, how easy your previous EC was etc.

Offline gpk

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 1/03/15, 15:40 »
    thanks Briss.

I know it is personal..Sorry, i was bit down and just was thinking aloud about my next cycle.

Sorry for that, it has been very hectic at work in my startup company..

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 1/03/15, 16:13 »
    gpk, that's absolutely fine, I was just trying to tell you that this is my view and you may feel differently. whatever you decide I will be rooting for you and hoping for your bfp.