* Author Topic: FAQ and Chat  (Read 8809 times)

0 Members

Embryolab-IVF-Unit

modify
FAQ and Chat
« on: 8/01/15, 11:35 »
You can post any questions you might have and you will get direct answers from our scientific team!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline morganr

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #1 on: 8/01/15, 12:43 »
    Hello!!! Thank you for giving the chance to discuss issues that concern us.
    I want to ask you the following: the doctor says that my endometrial lining is always quite thin and that this may be reason I do not get pregnant. Is there anything I can try? What should be the goal?
    Thanks!
    Morganr

Embryolab-IVF-Unit

modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #2 on: 8/01/15, 13:33 »
    Dear morganr,
    mainly thin endometrium may be a reason of non-conceiving but it is usually the morphology of the endometrium that matters the most.  Pregnancies have been achieved with linings as low as 5.5 mm with trilaminar morphology and good subendometrial blood flow. We prefer an endometrium of 6.5 mm as a minimum with a three layer appearance, but the goal is 8 mm.
      There are some supplements that can potentially facilitate this process, i.e. fish oil cps and Q10. Your doctor may change routes (oral, vaginal, transdermal) and dosages of estradiol supplementation, or he/she may use medication outside their original indications (i.e. nifedipine, granulocyte-colony stimulating factor) in order to improve the outcome.
      Lately, scratching of the endometrial lining, although still controversial, has been shown to be of some benefit. This sometimes is combined with diagnostic hysteroscopy in order to evaluate the endometrial cavity.
    If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again through our website www.embryolab.eu

Offline hopeoneday1

modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #3 on: 8/01/15, 19:01 »
    Hi

what is the success rate in egg donation treatment?

Thank you.

Embryolab-IVF-Unit

modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #4 on: 9/01/15, 11:05 »
    Hello hopeoneday1!!!
    The success rate in egg donation program varies, depending on your age, from 55 to 66%.  You can have your personal estimated success rate, as long as you would like to have a discussion through skype with our medical team. You can apply now for a free skype consultation in http://www.embryolab.eu/consultation/.
    Thank you for your question.

Offline yasmine37

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #5 on: 9/01/15, 12:04 »
    Hello everyone!!!
    With my husband we have gone through 3 IVF cycles the last 1.5year, with no success.  :(
    Is there a point in persevering? Does the success rate alter if we continue?
    We are really exhausted...can anyone give advice?
    Thanks!!!

Embryolab-IVF-Unit

modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #6 on: 9/01/15, 12:16 »
    Dear yasmine37,
    Hope is something you should never lose!!!!! :)
     Age is the main criterion in deciding how to proceed. In women above forty years old success rates decrease with every six months passing, so at some point egg donation IVF may be an option.
     In younger women the advice of the embryologist regarding the quality of their embryos is vital. If the couple makes good embryos then persisting is the only way. They may need to change protocols, medications or do extra tests to facilitate further clinical decisions.
     It is true though that the more unsuccessful IVF attempts a couple has, the higher the difficulties of getting pregnant become.So, what we do here in Embryolab, in such cases, and what we advise couples to follow, is that we create a detailed personalized protocol of care in order to maximize the coupleís success rates.
    Wish you the best of luck for you next attempt!

Offline yasmine37

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #7 on: 12/01/15, 08:28 »
    Hello Embryolab-Ivf-Unit!
    One more question.  Is there anything I can do in order to increase the success rate of my IVF treatment?
    Thanks for helping!!!!!!

Embryolab-IVF-Unit

modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #8 on: 12/01/15, 09:19 »
    Goodmorning Yasmine37!!!
      A normal body mass index is a good starting point. Nowadays it has been acknowledged that increased body weight reduces the success rates of IVF.  An overweighed woman will need increased medication dosage which by itself may lead to decreased oocyte quality. She may have changes in endometrial receptivity leading to negative results or even miscarriages. 
    Even more, most IVF procedures, such as ultrasound scanning, egg retrieval and embryo transfer are much easier and with minimal risks in non- obese patients. Even in men obesity correlates with difficulties in ejaculation and sperm quality.
      Smoking is the other denominator a couple has to take into account. It reduces oocyte and sperm quality, changes the immune system with a dramatic drop on the success rates. Within three months of stopping smoking men can see a big improvement in sperm numbers, motility and morphology. There are times that by doing so the IVF process will not be needed.
      A healthy diet full of vitamins with lots of fruit, green leaves, raw nuts and proteins will act as an antioxidant for both men and women.
    You can always apply for a free skype consultation with our gynecologist, in order to have the chance for a personal discussion and estimation on personal success rates.

Offline amberbaby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #9 on: 14/01/15, 13:05 »
    Dear Embryolab team!
    Going around the forum I have read many of your posts and you seem trustworthy :), so I decided to make this post. Maybe you can help me. Let me briefly explain you our history.  We have been trying to have a baby for about 2 years :(.  We have done all the necessary tests with our doctor and all seems to be fine. Why canít I get pregnant then :'(? And at what point should we start looking towards IVF?
    Thanks for taking the time to reply!!