* Author Topic: FAQ and Chat  (Read 8253 times)

0 Members

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
modify
FAQ and Chat
« Reply #40 on: 14/01/19, 20:41 »
Hello I wonder if you could advise me as to whether it's best to have a bleed before starting double donation treatment ? I'm 53 and currently on HRT patches to treat menopausal symptoms, I do introduce the progesterone patch the last 14 days of the month but I do not always have a bleed.

If I started treatment medication (Progynova ) and I hadn't had a bleed that month I worry I would be starting on an old lining that hadn't shed!  I know lots of ladies on here take the pill so they are guaranteed a bleed before they start treatment but at 53  years of age I don't think my GP would be happy for me to do this.... I have heard there are HRT tablets Cyclo Progynova ... Would you recommend these ?

Many thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Embryolab-IVF-Unit

modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #41 on: 1/02/19, 10:32 »
    Dear Kitten106,

Thank you for contacting us. Women in menopause should start pretreatment that includes 2 cycles before the transfer cycle.
    HRT with cycloprogynova is absolutely fine. In Greece, we don't treat women over 50.

We hope that helps.
    All the best,
    Embryolab

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #42 on: 9/09/19, 15:00 »
    Dear Embryolab

I'm wondering if you can advise what changes your clinic would make to my protocol?

I am 33 years old and 12 months ago I had fertility tests (results: good amh, very good egg reserve,both fallopian tubes clear). I commenced 6 cycles of IUI. No pregnancy resulted from any of these.

I started a cycle of IVF in July. I down regulated using Buserelin for 3 weeks then started 225IU Meriofert. At my 7 day stimulation scan I had 8 follicles ( 15mm, 14mm, 14mm, 13mm, 13mm, 12mm, 11mm, 8mm) on day 10 these follicles had grown, most were 17-21mm. Womb lining was 10.1mm. Gonasi 10000IU was used as trigger shot on the evening of day 10.

8 eggs were collected and 5 fertilised by IVF using donor sperm (30 MOT). The 5 embryos became blastocysts and I have had one 4BA transferred.  The other blastocysts were not frozen as they were not high enough in quality. 

I have no health issues, take no other medication and my BMI is 21. I had been taking 400mg Jarrow Formulas ubiquinol for 3 months prior to egg collection and a prenatal supplement. I also changed my diet to a higher protein diet.

Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline KieranMom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    FAQ and Chat
    « Reply #43 on: 18/01/20, 08:51 »
    Hi Embryolab
    Do you treat single woman? What is the price for an Ivf cycle with donor sperm?