* Author Topic: Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen  (Read 62845 times)

0 Members

Offline notamuggle

• Gold Member
modify
Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen
« Reply #100 on: 10/03/15, 20:04 »
Good evening ladies,

How is everyone doing?

I had my follow up at the clinic today and it went well, sad that I wasn't there to have my scan as had been the original plan but pleased I now have a plan to work towards

Firstly we reviewed all my previous bloods which were all good. (AMH, FSH, Antral follicle count, all the clotting bloods, thyroid tests, immune tests and NK cells all perfect). He then suggested I have a hysteroscopy and has written to my GP asking that they refer me straight to the clinic on the nhs

He suggested continuing IUI (as it does seem to be getting me pregnant) while waiting for the hysteroscopy and if I've not got pregnant by August to go for IVF.

He said I could change my donor if I wanted but didn't need to, in fact he suggested I could go back to my first donor as he got me pregnant 3 times! He doesn't seem available any more though so might need to go shopping again!

Also to continue with 100mg clomid and progesterone.

I feel happy with this plan, I really like this consultant, he was very welcoming and understanding, spoke to me so I could understand without bring patronising and made me feel positive for the future.

I've ordered some coq10 and royal jelly & also going to ring an acupuncturist tomorrow to see what they can do for me

Hope you're all ok

Hugs xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 10/03/15, 20:14 »
    Nat - That does sound positive and they've given you a good time frame to plan to as well.  I think that a consultant that you trust is so important and I think yours sounds lovely, informative and hopeful.

Good Luck  ^reiki^

Dory
    xxx

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 18/03/15, 14:27 »
    Hi ladies, I miscarried 6 weeks ago, my clinic offered an appointment to plan my next cycle either next week (cancellation) or in 5 weeks time.  I'm still waiting for my first AF (delays due to RPOC).  Should I go for the appointment next week or wait? Part of me wants to go next week to enable us to identify any extra tests that need doing and get on with it whilst I wait but another part of me wants to have a bit more time and wait for AF to arrive.  Welcome advice based on your experience? Xxx

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 18/03/15, 17:44 »
    Hi Sapphire 

After our first ICSI cycle and subsequent mmc we went to a a review apt about 6 weeks post erpc.  At that point I'd just had one af since the op.  The consultant was happy to draw up a new protocol and I was able to start it after I'd had another af, all I had to do was ring and pay for the meds during the month I wanted to start, giving them enough time to send out the meds before day 21.  That time round my thinking was, like you, I wanted to know what my options were sooner rather than later and if I did need extra investigations/tests, I could be getting on with them.  We chose to wait an extra month before starting the cycle anyway just to make sure I felt ready.  Just by going to the review doesn't mean you have to start a new cycle straight away, it just gives you an idea of when you possibly could and then you can make your own decisions.  My situation was a little different though as my af had returned when I went for the review, if you're not sure then 5 weeks will soon fly by and give your body a bit more of a chance to settle.

Dory
    xxx

Offline Trunky

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 18/03/15, 18:19 »
    Argh.

So in November after my second cycle we got a BFP. Numbers were too low though and I was bleeding. HCG continued to double while I continued to bleed until the scan at 6 weeks when they confirmed m/c. I was still bleeding and they were worried about ectopic so I was referred for more scans and more bloods where thankfully the levels had dropped. I was monitored for another week then discharged. 5weeks this went on for. Not fun. I said I was never doing it again.

On Sunday I start down regging for my first FET. I'm terrified. Terrified of it not working but terrified that it does after last time. I am a really big hypochondriac so the whole thing was a bit of a nightmare.

Any reassuring words for a very practical and matter of fact scientist who wants this so badly but is flipping pettrified?

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 19/03/15, 10:54 »
    Trunky

I'm really sorry for your loss and I wish I had words of wisdom.  I think terrified sums up perfectly how we feel embarking on a another cycle after a loss.  I think the only things that sort of work for me are just taking it one day at a time, trying not to look too far into the future or comparing the cycle with previous attempts, taking a bad day on the chin - it happened there's nothing we can do to change it, have a good cry and then move on (I know at times easier said than done), try to keep busy, go out for a coffee, see a film, go shopping, swimming etc and I have got a CD to listen to by Rezwana patterson, especially designed for fertility treatment - it has different sections so you can listen to different parts at different times.  I was sceptical at first but subconsciously I think it does help.

Good Luck

Dory
    xxx

Offline Trunky

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 19/03/15, 13:15 »
    Thanks both :)

I guess I just have to get on with it. I know our clinic's FET success rates aren't great with embryos, so they are going to attempt to push the three 2 day old embryos to blastocyst as their success rates are much better with FET.

It's hard to know how to feel really, having experienced just a negative, and then a positive which we knew wasn't going to be OK.

I am blessed with a wonderful support network of a fantastic (although long suffering) husband who wants this SO much, great family, friends and work colleagues who know what we've been through. They're quite pleased that they will be spared the down regging bit as I finish for Easter next week  ;D

I am down regging for ages before the HRT as my ovaries are really active so they think it's going to take a while so I am going to try to keep running, swimming, teaching my dog training classes and carry on with as normal a life as I can while waiting to see what happens.

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 19/03/15, 16:48 »
    Hi Gailgegirl  ^hugme^

Trunky - It's great that you have a good support network around you and lots to fill your time.

Dory
    xxx

Offline Samdog

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 19/03/15, 17:59 »
    Hi,
     Can I join on here. Feel I need to come and say something as we had our 2nd miscarriage on Tuesday and it was confirmed with a scan yesterday. Pragmatic about things one minute and likely to cry or rip someone's head off the next. Not sure how I feel at the moment as we got further than last time.

Went straight back to work as thought it would take my mind of things- not really!

We have told no one about ivf and no one knows about this miscarriage (except our bosses who have been amazing) as it is something we feel we want to keep to ourselves.

X

Offline notamuggle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 20/03/15, 07:08 »
    I'm So so sorry Samdog.

I'm glad your bosses are being very understanding, the added stress of also worrying about work is so not needed so it's good that they're supportive  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I certainly feel the same wild swinging of emotions one second to the next and random reminders will set me off

I told a few close friends and family the first 3 times and they were really supportive but it's a very personal thing. This last time I actually told everyone on social media as I wanted to break the silence around miscarriage. It was a hard thing to do, I don't usually over share on social media but I had so many people contact me public ally and privately with their stories it was amazing and I don't feel like I'm carrying a secret any more

I know it's not the right course for many people though but it helped me feel not so alone

Big hugs to you

How's everyone else doing?

AFM I've started acupuncture, taking my extra supplements and I'm on a waiting list for my donor, hopefully I'll be ready to go again in May.

Feeling so tired all the time and still a little sad all the time but happier that I now have a plan to work towards x