* Author Topic: Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen  (Read 62847 times)

0 Members

Offline Catf2008

• Gold Member
modify
Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen
« Reply #150 on: 4/07/15, 09:17 »
Sapphire - root canal is awful I had it a little while ago but at least I can eat ice cream now without it hurting :)

Tigger - how are you doing?

Afm - I'm getting excited about the next round, this is our last fresh round and we get none to freeze it will be our last round altogether, our hospital are hoping to get some to freeze and we have been put on the habselect trail that they are currently running :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tigger99

• Volunteer
    • When raining look for rainbows; when dark look for stars
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 4/07/15, 10:23 »
    Catf - good luck with your next cycle. What trial are you going on?

Sapphire - root canal doesn't sound good. I hope you manage to get it sorted as pain free as possible.

Afm- am trying to ignore 2ww as much as possible. Can't symptom spot or test too early as the Hcg injections give me loads of symptoms anyway.

Offline Catf2008

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 4/07/15, 15:50 »
    Tigger - I don't blame you for not symptom spot, I always try to not do it

It's a new way of doing icsi, it's about adding something to the sperm that will show them exactly which ones have no issues with them, it been done in America and they are doing a 2 year trial over here in certain hospitals to see of they get better results from what we were told at the hospital, in America it has taken the success rate upto about 60-70%

Offline Billybeans

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 5/07/15, 18:12 »
    Hi Everyone,
    I've found myself here again. Im hoping for some support/suggestions & advice from Ladies who have been where I am right now. As you can see from my signature we have been TTC for 9years. We had no success initially so went on to ivf. We had 3 goes. The 2nd attempt worked but we only saw an empty sac at 7wks. A few months after the last Ivf we got pregnant naturally. Started spotting at 6wks but HB seen and apparently all ok but miscarried the next day. 12mths later I got pregnant again. Started spotting at just over 9 wks scan revealed baby with no HB. We continued to grieve and explore all the nhs testing for miscarriage & no-one can explain why it happened so maybe better luck next time!! After 3 years of continuing TTC we were lucky to fall pregnant again (may). I rang the hospital & appt was made to have an early scan. I was meant to be 7+2 but the scan revealed a baby with HB measuring at 6weeks. Apparently apart from being 6w rather than 7 everything looked good, strong regular HB. Was advised to take low dose aspirin and continue high dose folic & vitamins. Another appt booked for 10days later for another scan. One day later I started spotting. Then it continued to a period like bleed. Today is day 4 of period like bleeding. I'm going to still attend my appt on Friday to check that everything has gone & to find out if anything else can be done. I have no live children & I'm starting to feel angry that no-one can help me find out why it takes so long for me to get pregnant ( I do have one potentially blocked tube)& why I always miscarry. 4 miscarriages in a row can't possibly be just bad luck. Please if anyone can take the time to send me a list of questions or things to discuss at my appt on Friday it will be much appreciated. I need to find out why this keeps happening to me. Does anyone know anything about levels of progesterone linked to miscarriage or anything at all that I need to ask the consultant. Please!!
    Billy beans.xx

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 6/07/15, 20:11 »
    Tigger - how are you doing? Still holding out?

Cat - I hope you get some embryos to freeze too.  If nothing else from this cycle I'd also like some frosties. 

Billy -  I'm sorry you find yourself here, you've had a rough ride.  I'm afraid I can't help with your recurrent miscarriage query - might be worth posting on the another forum.  You could try the coping with miscarriage one?? There are lots of ladies on there who may be able to help? Xx

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 6/07/15, 20:22 »
    Billy - im so sorry you find yourself in this position  ^hugme^

Have they done all the basic NHS tests? Other options are the uterine Natural Killers test (Prof Quenby at Coventry), or level 2 immunes (someone like Dr Gorgy, the Midlands Fertility Centre, or Care - there are loads of others though) have a look on the immunes thread for more information (there is a useful guide in the sticky section of all the different types of tests and treatments, including some of the more unusual/controversial ones like menstrual fluids test):

These are the main good starting points for the immunes threads - one is the A to Z, and the other is a 'guide to learning from your failed cycle' and whilst i know yours arent failed cycles it does cover mcs too:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=242395.0

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=283000.0

Loads of love to everyone  ^hugme^

xxx

Offline Tigger99

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 6/07/15, 21:30 »
    Billy - so sorry for your loss hun. ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I have had 6 miscarriages and have found out I have immune issues which I'm now getting treatment for. Please follow the links Cloudy has suggested and do some research. A lot of the NHS don't 'believe' in immune issues. They are a bit behind the curve!!

Catf - sounds good. I go hope the trial helps you.

Afm - I'm going mad!! Trying so hard to not think about it!! Had a silly row with dh on Saturday all because we both have this massive elephant on the room. We all friends now but it's a strain on both of us. We both been so busy tidying up the house or going out etc to stop up thinking about it!! DrG said to test on Thursday but I know my body and am considering testing early tomorrow as I will be 12 dpo. Oh my!!What if it works? What if it doesn't??

Offline Tigger99

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 7/07/15, 08:39 »
    Ok I caved. My temperature went up by 0.2 of a degree so I tested. It came up as 'pregnant 1-2'. Not sure if it's residual pregnyl though as I had my last shot on Friday (4 days ago).

Offline Goldie7

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 7/07/15, 19:14 »
    Tigger, i can only imagine how you're feeling, the excitement mixed with terror. I know I've seen a way to calculate how much pregnyl left in system after so many days but can't find it. Pointless telling you to take it day by day but thinking about you anyway.  ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 7/07/15, 20:26 »
    Tigger - tentative congratulations hun, will you wait a few days and test again?  I hope this is your time and the immunes work xx