* Author Topic: Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen  (Read 62857 times)

0 Members

Offline PoppyB

modify
Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen
« Reply #30 on: 1/02/15, 08:38 »
Hi Wendy,

Great news you're ready for egg collection!

I am just anxiously hoping our embies make to blastocyst tomorrow for transfer so I'm a few days ahead of you.

I really hope all our dreams come true this time for both of us xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline wendycat

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 1/02/15, 08:44 »
    Poppy - that's so exciting  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 1/02/15, 10:45 »
    Poppy and Wendy - I'll be thinking about you both lots tomorrow xxxx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline alpa1610

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 1/02/15, 11:02 »
    All the best Wendy and Poppy.. Keeping fingers crossed for you..

Offline jend0906

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 1/02/15, 18:12 »
    Wendy good luck for tomorrow, hope you get a lovely crop!

Poppy good luck for you tomorrow too.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I've ruled our surrogacy as an option. In theuk they don't give parental orders to single applicants and the U.S. do but it will cost around 100,000!!!

I will more than likely have a consultation with Dr Gorgy, maybe in the summer and see what he suggests. There's a couple more level 2 tests that I think weren't done so will also do those as well as a hysteroscopy. Then go from there. Still looking into adoption here in Jordan in the meantime.

Offline M0ncris

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 1/02/15, 22:23 »
    Go Poppy and Wendy!  I hope you both get what you want tomorrow.   :)

Jen, I'm pleased you have the beginnings of a plan.  It sucks you can't get a parental order as a single woman in the uk.  I hope the adoption research goes well.

We are off to see Mr Ramsay tomorrow to see if he has any magic remedies to help us out.  It would be great if we could try naturally.

Mon
    Xx

Offline jend0906

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 2/02/15, 10:08 »
    Good luck today Wendy and Poppy

Offline wendycat

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 2/02/15, 16:34 »
    Thank you, ladies. Thought I'd update...

Well, it was an absolutely horrific egg collection - they had to go through my bladder and the pain was excruciating, even with the drugs. I'm usuall a bit of a hard ^Booty^ and really grit my teeth but I cried and shook all the way through  :(

We got ten eggs though!  :)

Unfortunately, DH sample was very low so they struggled to get anything from it, he had to do another and we got nothing from that, so we are hoping that the embryologist is skilled enough to pull ten good ones out of what we had. Pretty devastated to be honest as we've never had this before.  :(

But keeping hopeful, they usuall call on day two we an update, but I was a drugged up sobbing mess so they're going to just let me know if any have fertilised tomorrow!

Poppy - how did you get on?

Offline stelmat

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 2/02/15, 16:47 »
    Hi ladies, can I join you please.  We are now 7 months post mc and not even a hint of that elusive bfp since.  Our mc due date was last month so at least we are past that.  I was hoping my body might have figured out what it was supposed to do by now but I've just had my longest cycle since mc, 81 days.  Hoping that this cycle will sort itself out.

Offline PoppyB

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 2/02/15, 16:48 »
    Thank you so much for the best wishes everyone, what a thoughtful and lovely bunch you all are.

Wendy - firstly congratulations on your bumper crop of 10. I'm sorry they put you through so much pain to get them...can't believe they went through your bladder!?

Very similar happened to us with DHs sample on the day...had been 35 million a few weeks ago then on the day was 0.1million...never been that low ever so we were devastated too. But they only need to find 10 sperm which isn't too difficult for them doing that everyday. We've still had our best blastocyst outcome yet despite the sperm issue so hopefully you'll find it doesn't affect things either.

You need to focus on resting up and healing ready for transfer. You have done all you possibly can now.  ^hugme^

AFM - transfer went smoothly, after a mad dash and hour late arrival for it (M40 accident delays! Grr!) we managed to get 2 lovely blasts and a couple for the freezer which is a nice plan B before needing to jump off the IVF train. Would really love it if we don't need to use them for a very long time!

Praying 5th time is a charm for us both Wendy.

Sending lots of love to you all too, Dory I see you're joining the FF team - congrats, you're such a support to so many, much deserved.
    Jen - I'm glad you're managing to take steps forwards through your options, it's so very sad that UK law restricts your surrogacy options; not sure I understand why.

The strength and fighting spirit of all of you here is so humbling ladies, keep going - our dreams have to come true one day xx