* Author Topic: Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen  (Read 62854 times)

0 Members

Offline notamuggle

• Gold Member
modify
Trying Again after Loss - Part Sixteen
« Reply #90 on: 3/03/15, 09:20 »
My clinic sent my bloods to Chicago and they cost me about 500 I think (I spent 1038 on bloods last year, i think about half was on the ones that went to Chicago)

If I'd of known it was that expensive as they were being flown to USA I'd have offered to take them there my self, probably would have been cheaper!

Does anyone know any good books or websites on increasing the quality of our eggs? I'm guessing this might be my problem xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 3/03/15, 09:49 »
    Gail - that's rough, I'm sorry to hear you got bad news following your blood tests. At least they have found some reasons for your m/c which are hopefully treatable.  Sending you hugs, I have every confidence you'll be able to work your way through all this xx

Muggle - I've also been investigating ways to improve my egg quality, my IVF cycle resulted in 8 eggs, 5 fertilised and made it to blast but only one good enough to put back and no frosties.  I'm hoping supplements etc may be able to improve this but don't know what's best? I've just started pregnacare conception/reproduction supplements. 

Offline Flips

• Gold Member

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 3/03/15, 14:39 »
    Gail/flips - thanks for the recommendations and advice xx

Offline Catf2008

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 4/03/15, 08:36 »
    Thank you ladies, having a date to focus on is what I need, I didn't want to book it in this soon but as our clinic has a 6 month wait time between treatments I didn't want it delayed due to appointments needing to be done.

Sapphire I've spent alot of time looking at vitamins to try and help, out of 2 cycles I've never had any frosties, I can't remember what I've started taking but I can message you tonight when I'm home if you want

Offline notamuggle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 4/03/15, 09:35 »
    Thanks fr all the advice on books and supplements ladies.  I've started reading a couple of the books recommended and Although I won't be trying again for a few months I want to start trying to improve my eggs as quickly as possible.

Gail, I hope the work medical was ok and you didn't have to throw any eggs!

Cat, glad you have a date, I really need something to focus on so while waiting to find out my next steps I've decided to totally redecorate my living room which is giving me something to keep me occupied

Hugs to all xxx

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 4/03/15, 14:47 »
    Cat - that's be great if you can let me know please?

Flip - I've ordered that book, will let you know.

Muggle - I agree, need something to keep me occupied.  Feel like the last few years Ive been constantly waiting for appointments etc in a way it feels quite a relief not to have any firm dates in the diary... This won't last for long though!

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 5/03/15, 16:41 »
    Nat - Let us know how you get on with the decorating, I think doing something physical helps when waiting too - we've completely gutted the garden!

Gailgegirl - Hope everything went ok and you've managed to get some time away from work  ^hugme^

Co-enzyme Q10 and Royal Jelly are supposed to be really good for egg quality and DH has been on proxeed sachets to help his sperm quantity and quality.

Dory
    xxx

Offline notamuggle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 5/03/15, 20:49 »
    The decorating is going really well thanks. I've filled holes, sanded and painted the walls, stripped wall paper from one wall and pulled up the carpet
    Tomorrow I'm going to sand and gloss the skirting and stairs (I'm having a runner up the stairs). I've really enjoyed throwing myself into it. It's giving me something positive to focus on but it means I've not really had time to think about things too much and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. That said my SiL/best friend came round this morning and I balled my eyes out! She's pregnant again and our babies would have been weeks apart, growing up together and going to school together :'(
    Still I'm feeling really proudly my handy work, I can't even see the holes I've filled now!

I've just bought some royal jelly and co enzyme q10 so I can start getting my eggs a bit healthier, it's worth a try right?

How's everyone doing. Xx

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 6/03/15, 17:34 »
    Well done Nat, sounds like you've achieved a lot on the decorating front and a good cry always helps  ^hugme^ .
    I have the same thoughts about the CoQ10 and the royal jelly too, if nothing else I certainly feel more energized on them and my skin/hair seem to have improved?

xxx