* Author Topic: Diary - ICSI/FET Care Sheffield<Clomid<Lap<Endo<Mild PCOS  (Read 2967 times)

0 Members

Offline Mifster

modify
Diary - ICSI Care Sheffield<Clomid<Lap<Endo<Mild PCOS
« Reply #10 on: 21/05/18, 14:36 »
The last time I posted we had just received the news that our first ICSI attempt had been unsuccessful. Since then we've had another appointment with our Consultant. It was a debrief really where he evaluated the cycle. He confirmed that it had gone reasonably well with the exception of the outcome. He did say that my raised HCG levels following the first blood test meant that the embryo had implanted but it didn't stick which is why the second blood test came back as negative. We had suspected this was the case but it was still hard to hear. We. Came. So. Close.

Looking to the future, we now have two frozen embryos available and hope to do FET in July/August. We had the option of getting started sooner but decided to take a break. We need time to recover.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mifster

modify
    Diary - ICSI Care Sheffield<Clomid<Lap<Endo<Mild PCOS
    « Reply #11 on: 4/09/18, 12:58 »
    And so we start our first FET cycle. I go for an appointment on Friday to have an injection and pick up some medication. I'm told I'll have regular scans after this until my womb lining is thick enough for transfer. We've opted to transfer one embyro out of the two we have on ice. I'm just praying it survives the thawing process.

I'm sorry to say that I'm feeling extremely negative at the moment, maybe even mildly depressed. I'm really trying to drag myself out of it because I want a positive mindset for the treatment but it's been really tough. The moment I get out of bed the gloom descends and anxiety kicks in. When I get in from work I have no motivation to do anything other than watch TV. I've gone from being very active to a couch potato in a matter of months. In preparation for FET I've been on the pill (microgynon) and I don't think it agrees with me. Whilst I've always suffered with PMT it's been on another level this month so can't help but think this may be the problem. I feel so sorry for DH!!!

Offline Mifster

First FET appointment done. It was very straight forward. I had a scan to check that I'm at the right stage in my cycle (day 21) which I was. Then went to the pharmacy to collect an injection, tablets and pessaries. The injection was administered during the appointment. I ended up doing the injection myself as I couldn't stand the thought of the nurse doing it in my tummy! ;D Apparently the injection suppresses my cycle so I don't ovulate. This is similar to the injections during my IVF cycle except this time the dosage is higher so it works for the entire month where as during IVF the injections were daily. Apparently they're daily during IVF as more flexibility is required with the timings. The rest of the medication isn't needed yet so I'm booked to go back in two weeks time at which point they'll scan and check that I've responded to the injection.

On a side note I'm still really down. I feel fat and unattractive. It's no wonder I've put weight on as I haven't been exercising but I have been comfort eating! I've always been really active and up until last year was running every other day, entering half marathons, cycling, going to spin classes, doing HIIT sessions at home etc. Since starting IVF I've been demotivated and reluctant to exercise because I've been so tired all the time. I also read that moderate/high intensity exercise diverts blood away from your reproductive organs so it should be avoided. The result has been weight gain taking me from a size 10 to a size 12/14. I know that's not big but I've gained 1.5 stone so feel uncomfortable and my clothes don't fit. I really need to make a change but keep struggling to break a destructive cycle of binge eating. I'm not sure what the answer is, need to drag myself out of this rut somehow.

Offline Mifster

Scans showed that the injection had done its trick so I was put on estrogen tablets to thicken the lining of my womb ready for transfer. A further scan last week confirmed that the womb lining had indeed thickened so it was full steam ahead with progesterone pessaries and Fragmin injections. I wasn't expecting to inject this time round but the Consultant felt that Fragmin is necessary due to the chemical pregnancy in the last round of IVF. Apparently Fragmin thins the blood and there's some evidence to show that it can help reduce blood clots which may impede implantation. The Fragmin injections really sting and the pessaries are a pain in the ^Booty^, literally! I've decided to put them up my back passage this time so it's not as messy.

My mood has lifted and I'm not getting as many headaches so can't help but feel that the pill, which I'm not taking anymore, had something to do with me feeling so down. Still feeling emotional but that's because transfer is tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Offline Mifster

Our embryo survived the thaw and was transferred successfully. The embryologist said that our embryo looked 'beautiful'! The transfer did prove a little tricky as they struggled to get the catheter at the right angle meaning it was quite uncomfortable during the procedure and I felt a bit tender afterwards. We go for a blood test on Friday morning and will get a call with the result later in the day.

A positive pregnancy test has alluded us for over 6 years now but it's something which I see frequently on my social media feeds. Couples celebrating the fantastic news that they're about to become parents. I want it to be us this time. I want to know what it feels like to have the elation of a positive test. I want to know what it feels like to be a Mum.

Offline Mifster

BFN. Zero HCG levels so it would seem that implantation didn't start at all. I feel like a total failure. If I let myself I think I could go to pieces but that won't help so I'm just trying to keep going. We have one one embryo left so we'll try another FET in a couple of months time.