* Author Topic: Our new journey is starting today  (Read 7994 times)

0 Members

Offline SIBI

modify
Our new journey is starting today
« Reply #30 on: 17/11/13, 18:29 »
Dear Diary,
Few days to summarise here:

18 DPO
This morning is blood test again which comes back with a good HCG 1278 (+111%)  ^reiki^ and progesterone is over 400. Clinic is happy to continue with same medications but still they want me to repeat the test the following day

19 DPO
HCG is gone up to 1823 (+43%) which is fine considering that over 1200 the values are expected to double every 3/4 days. NK CD19CD5 has come back as 16.2: still higher than limit of 10 but dropped from last time 21.4 so again, clinic is happy - no intralipids yet

20 DPO
Enjoying a day off blood - getting more and more tired, as still waking up a thousand times per night ...I could actually think to sleep on the toilet ...would be easier  :o

21 DPO
Today is blood at 830 and then we decide to hang around in Marylebone, for shopping and lunch. The waiting is stressful as usually they call by 1pm at the latest but today the call doesn't come until 4pm. Finally they say they are happy as my HCG is up to 4253 (+133%) and progesterone to 350. Not sure why progesterone has dropped so might ask next time I talk to the nurse

22 DPO
Finally a Sunday without bloods - just enjoying a nice day out with DH. Noticing that I feel more tired sooner - I get very annoyed by busy places and miss my couch a lot...is that the pregnancy or am I getting older??

Well, tomorrow is more bloods..still  ^pray^ that everything is all right  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 23/11/13, 22:00 »
    Dear Diary,

23 DPO=5w1d
    HCG has increased by 75% to 7485; prog is up to 360

5w3d
    HCG has increased by 112% to 15883 but prog is down to 296. So added 1 cyclogest per night  ^idiot^

5w5d
    HCG has increased by 75% to 27815. No news on progesterone. Today was scan too and intralipids. Went with DH expecting to see twins and ended up with one sac and yolk only. A bit of disappointment first especially considering the high HCG. But happy when reassured that our little Brainy might be a strong fighter. Hope Doc is right. Stress seems never ending. Just keep  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^.
    Spent the rest of the day waiting for clinic "ok" to intralipids as originally planned for 11am. Ended up doing at 230pm and arriving home by 5pm. Then collapsed on the bed until 8pm.

Feeling overall much more tired than before. Also struggling to eat proteins as always having a feeling of fullness when finishing a meal - not very pleasant.

Next scan is Monday when I will be 6w1d hopefully - hope to see HB  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 25/11/13, 20:01 »
    Dear Diary,

6w1d What a day..it has been an Odyssey!!!

Woke up with brown discharge and started to panic!  :'( So, went for early blood and scan - Doc said that brown discharge is not worrying, did the scan and show me HB (which by the way I could not see  ). So reassured that brown discharge could be normal,I went to the office. Went to toilet twice and happy me, no more discharge. Third time, my pad is pinkish and I have pink spotting. Starting panicking. Call ARGC twice, asked to be called asap by the doctor, but an hour later still no call back. So went to toilet for the fourth time and at this stage, really freaked out as it's not spotting anymore but kind of normal period. Called DH and we both jumped on train/car and went to the clinic. Called to say we were coming and wanted to see the Doc. Got there in tears and sent straight away to second floor. Doc checked and said HB and baby are doing well and are still there. Bleeding can happen in pregnancy so not to worry too much. Stop clexane and aspirin for 48h and retest on Thursday...OMGGGGGGG ladies, what an horrible day. We are now back home, sitting exhausted on the couch and asking what we've done that badly in life in order to deserve this treatment...feels like walking up to the top of Everest...from Thailand!God, how difficult and never ending journey is this?!?!?!?

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 27/12/13, 18:20 »
    Dear Diary,
    I cannot believe that I left a month between the last time I wrote here and now! How many things happened so far!! So, let's try to recap...

After the bleeding on the 25th, ARGC reccomended some bed rest and to stop temporarely Clexane and aspirin. They were not concerned at all and they said it was quite common. So I had some bed rest, discharge became brown and slowly it started to disappear.

They kept checking me on a weekly basis, for both scan and progesterone:
    25/11 6w1d - prog 246
    28/11 6w4d - prog 679
    05/12 7w4d - prog 403, baby's length 1.37 cm
    12/12 8w4d - prog 443, monthly NK test
    19/12 9w4d - prog 519.4, baby's length 2.8 cm
    27/12 10w5d - prog 491, baby's length 4.05 cm

Main events to notice in the last month:
    04/12 - had the pick of nausea,being confined in my bed without being able to sleep for almost 6 hours, trying to vomit but not being able to succeed. Felt really awful for almost 24h. For the rest, it has been very low appetite (lost 6kg), finding very hard to eat and cook (still now) with constant nausea feeling. Not able sometimes to open the fridge, to be around DH when having his coffee either ;D Managed to have lots of veal escalope cooked in butter (cannot have steak anymore)

19/12 - fabulous scan where we could see the baby with a proper baby shape. So emotional. Could see the head, body, legs and hands...amazing little sweetheart!!! He was moving his hands and waving to us  ;D

26/12 - went to Selfridges for the boxing day shopping, went to the toilet and totally freaked out with bleeding again. Unfortunately ARGC was closed so decided to go the A&E at UCLH - spent 3 hours, had ECG (why the hell they did ECG) and managed to be sent back home without US as being bank holiday, they did not have a gynecologist to see me...so managed to go today to ARGC and again, confirmed that everything is all right. They confirmed that the baby is fine and doing well. Been told to stop clexane again and to start it back slowly in a week. Again bed rest for 12/24h and that's it. No particular concern

So finally, today we went to FMC for the Harmony test. First appointment today, next on the 10/01. Today they did the first scan on my belly and our little bean was all moving around, looking great and measuring 4.05cm. They also allowed us to hear the HB, first time ever..such a wonderful feeling. They have wonderful machines so I strongly reccomend to have a scan there!!

Next step will be the first NHS antenatal appointment (05/01), the repetition of NK test (08/01), the second part of the Harmony (10/01) and the first US with NHS (15/01). Can't wait! Just feeling blessed and praying the baby sticks, healthy and strong ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 15/01/14, 18:29 »
    OMG – it has been so long again!!

Well, today I am 13w3d – yes! Got over the 12w  ^milestone^ Feeling better? Slightly – it’s still so hard to relax!

So on the 5th of Jan we went to the first Hospital appointment – UCLH Maternity wing seems very well organised, clean and people are very friendly. We met with a midwife/nurse who just took our data, my blood and urine and set up the next set of appointments. Seeing a consultant (as IVF patient) on the 23rd and coming back for 16w scan on the 29th.

Then we went back to FMC for the results and to complete the Nunchal test – our little baby was so relaxed that wasn’t turning around so the Doc struggle a little bit but in the end the results were good (very low risk so Amnio/CVS not recommended) and she managed to check the HB and the length and everything was good and aligned to the week.

Monday we also got back the results of the gender test and I am pleased to say that we are expecting a baby girl  ^pinkted^ Daddy and grandaddy could not ask for better – they are so overly excited!  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Finally today we went for the 12w scan to the hospital. Again, our little baby was not really cooperating with the Doc. She was turned in the wrong position but again, after a short walk and a little bit of shaking she managed to turn in the right position. She was so cute, moving her legs and arms and even her hands. Love her so much already.  ^smlove^
    Everything was confirmed to be good.

Only negative point of the day is that ARGC called back and they've received the NK cells results: apparently one value has slightly increased so I’m back with intralipids on Friday. Now a bit scared as I want to have it asap and hope the waiting doesn’t compromise our little and precious treasure. ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Nausea is stil around – especially if I eat carbs so I am trying to avoid pasta, bread and pizza or at least to eat gluten free stuff. :o

We  ^pray^  ^pray^ ^pray^ every day that every thing goes well. It’s so amazing to see our little angel growing in my belly. Starting to feel real. ^hugme^

xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 7/03/14, 13:58 »
    Dear Diary,

I can't believe I've left nearly 2 months from the last time I wrote!!  ^eyes^

So, today I am 20w6d – time is flying!!!  :) While I'm writing here my little princess  ^itsagirl^ has probably just woke up and started kicking my belly. Such an amazing feeling!  ^fairydust^ She started on 21st Feb, so two weeks ago….since then, it has been growing, becoming stronger and more intense. She likes to move in the evening when I sit on the sofa and during the day after meals. Dad felt her first move watching “Her” on the big screen while piano music was played in the background. Since then, we believe she likes classical music so every day I listen to that, even while working.

Since the last time we spoke, the nausea has totally disappeared. I got back my enjoyment of cooking and eating – only side effect is that I got my lost weight back, in full plus a buffer – but this is the normal course of pregnancy, so enjoying my new weight too. ;)

We also went back home and shared the news with everyone…everyone is so excited and thrilled!!! As much as we are!  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

I have not had any further side effect (touch wood) – I’m still on 2 clexane and 2 cyclogest per day plus aspirin and did not have intralipids since Jan. FBC has always come back good too so in the last call from ARGC, the nurse has confirmed that we are cleared on NK and they won’t be repeating the test as my body should have stabilised itself. However we discussed with DH about that and we’ll still take this month (apparently you are totally clear after 24 weeks so I would rather pay a bit more but feel on the safe side). ^idiot^

Last week we had our 20w scan with NHS and only negative point they have spotted is that I have a low lateral placenta  :-\ however they said not to worry as this can happen but 90% of the time it moves back to higher position by the 3rd trimester. So they will repeat the check at w33 and assess if there is any risk and if it can be classified as placenta previa. Hopefully it will not happen  ^pray^ , but worst case scenario I might need to bed rest and have a Cesarean. Whatever – everything for this adorable princess!!!!

Three weeks ago I’ve also joined a local pregnancy yoga class – I’m not that fancy of yoga but love the fact I’m meeting pregnant woman who live locally; that’s a great way of networking and hope we’ll keep in touch later on!  ^hugme^

Finally we have become members of NCT and we’ve booked our week end session for the antenatal course in May!

I’am nearly 5 months pregnant – cannot believe it has gone so fast! I feel we are so blessed and every day I thank God for the wonderful gift he has given to us. Hope everything keeps going well.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Speak to you soon,
    A deeply happy me

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 29/04/14, 09:36 »
    Dear diary,
    We are now at 28w3d.
    Second trimester has gone so quickly and smoothly.  :) Appetite has returned and I've started to put weight on again. My belly has grown hugely..at least compared to my previous semi flat one.
    Since the 21st of Feb our baby has started kicking. So lovely and funny. Sometimes she kicks and then I call for daddy and as soon as he puts his hands on my belly, she stops. Then we talk to her, ask her to give a kick to daddy as well and she starts responding. Not sure if it's a coincidence but it's just amazing. The best feeling in the whole world.
    Then my third trimester has started. As expected with lots of side effects. Swollen ankles, carpal tunnel syndrome and lots of sleepless nights due to constant need to pee and hand pain. But who cares, when it's so worth it? The good thing of maternity is that it's such an amazing feeling with such a wonderful reward at the end, that you don't care less about minor pains or minor problems. You learn how to put things into perspective..probably you learn the first step on how to become a mum too. ::)
    This week we are spending our last kids free holiday back home and we went to my italian gynaecologist who said the baby is already head down, weighting 1.3kg and placenta has moved up. So all sounds good. Next NHS scan will be on 30th May. This month we'll have also our NCT antenatal class. Lots to think of. I've tried so far not to think about labour as it scares me a lot but from this month I will need to open that door and consciously learn as much as I can to be best prepared to the event.
    I'm currently writing in front of a beautiful view of the Vesuvio from Sorrento. It's raining so we won't be able to do much. But again, who cares? Baby is moving inside me and this is the best thing in the whole world  ^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^
    Love
    Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 22/09/14, 10:36 »
    Dear Diary,
    I cannot believe I've not been looking or writing on here for the last 5 months! Feeling so guilty!!  ^eyes^ I'll try my best to summarise what happened.
    After my last post, we returned to London and finally attended the NCT class - strongly recommend this for networking purposes. Really useful to relate to people in your same condition and with same questions and doubts.
    However this was the point when I started to freak out thinking about delivery so I tried to get more info about C-section (I was looking for the faster and less painful way to deliver my lovely girl). Unfortunately with NHS they don't give you the choice so I accepted vaginal delivery with the condition of having epidural.
    After the NHS scan on the 30th May (everything normal) we decided to have an extra scan at 36 weeks, following the advice of one of the NCT friends. Again everything was confirmed to be normal but big baby was detected - apparently already 3kg! So I started to stress even more about delivery, even though I knew I could not do anything about that.
    My baby was due on 19th July. On 23rd of June I had a long walk and the day after I felt very tired and did not feel about walking that day at all. At 2am on 25th June, while in the bathroom for one of my thousands pee per night, my water suddenly broke. We called the hospital and they asked us to go there. Tried to book a taxi but it did not show up so we decided to go by car. When we got there, after the first check, they suggested me to stay however there was no space in the labour ward so they put me in post natal ward. Spent there the whole Wednesday and Thursday with no contractions at all while they were monitoring me and baby and giving me antibiotics. Me and husband started to be very upset and worried for our daughter - as nobody was able to make a plan for my delivery, we escalated the issue and finally my induction started at 11pm on Thursday night. By 11am I was 2cm dilated so I got my epidural and they top up the induction injection. By 7pm, with no water nor food since 11pm night before, my dilation was just 3cm - I was exhausted, hungry and thirsty. We did beg them to have CS and given that my water broke more than 48h before, they finally agreed. Eventually at 10am on Saturday morning, 79h later, I was brought into theatre. At 10.17am Alice Grace was born weighting 3.170 kg.  ^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^
    Unfortunately due to the long and stressful birth, I developed suspected sepsis and Alice had a chocking event so we both were put under observation and later on she also developed severe Jaundice so we stayed in the hospital for nearly 2 weeks.
    By the 8th of July we eventually came back home. And here we are, 2 months and 3kg later nearly celebrating that she is already 3 months old.

Alice is a beautiful little girl and we cannot thank enough ARGC and doctor Ranieri for the wonderful job they have done.
    The whole lot of stressful NHS years of tentatives seems now so far away and holding my beautiful daughter, it doesn't hurt anymore.

The lesson we've learned is not to wait too long to look for kids and when you start, don't wait for too many failure temptatives.  ARGC is very expensive but it's worth every single penny. Just give up anything else, but invest your saving on them. Our experience is the best proof of evidence.

Our dream has finally become reality. It's just so good to be three. She will be definitely be very spoiled, at least of love. Who cares - we both deserve.

Good luck to all those women who have been in the same pair of shoes as me. Keep trying and believing. Your angel will land in your hand sooner or later ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 29/01/19, 19:38 »
    Dear readers,
    I'm smiling while reading my diary. After such a long time I decided to write again, to give you hope. To share my story. And moreover to print this out as one day I want my kids to know what we went through and how much we wanted them, all. I smile with happiness because I cannot believe how blessed we have been. I will be forever thankful to ARGC, Dr Ranieri and Dr Taranissi as they allowed us to have our wonderful daughter. And she has been the miracle that have probably fixed my body as afterwards we had her two brothers, both naturally - one in 2016 and one in 2018.
    If I could go back, would I do everything again? all the injections, the pain, the cries, the roller-coaster? Yes, probably yes. Because through the pain we managed to enjoy even more the outcome. I will never forget the joy and surprise, the wonderful sense of shock we got with the 2 brothers when we discovered I was pregnant. I will have the picture of those days forever impressed in my memory because yes, we took pictures of me holding the 4 or 5  :) pregnancy tests as we could not believe it :)
    And to whoever is judging people going through this and not accepting their destiny, I would say to mind to their own business. Because I strongly believe my destiny was to find my husband and fight with him to get our three kids.  ^hugme^
    Never give up on dreams. Keep fighting. Stay strong. Eventually they will come true.
    xxx