* Author Topic: What do your kids call you?  (Read 4646 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameCissy

• Gold Member
  • Found our silver lining
modify
What do your kids call you?
« Reply #10 on: 13/02/15, 20:12 »
DW and I have decided that I am Mama and she is Mummy. If our son wants to call us something else when he grows up then that's fine to, we now mainly use it to differentiate between ourselves

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Crazy_frog

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 13/02/15, 20:34 »
    We were both mummy, we could tell who she meant. If people commented, like she had a bump and was crying for mummy and I was sent, she's soon shout no the other mummy!! She's 3, and has decided we are now mummy x and mummy y, if she has to differentiate, this is based on pet names for her. I think kids pick their own names for us, my pet names for my parents have stuck throughout my life,
     I don't think its confused her to have 2 mummies, she doesn't know about the biology yet, we have different family groups in our life anyway. I think kids accept things, it's Us adults that can struggle!

Offline NatGamble

• Legal Team
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 15/02/15, 07:16 »
    i think in the early days it is important to differentiate so they can learn to ask for who they want and be able to talk about both of you easily to other people. you can't start out with two mummies it's just too complicated.

Sure you can. My kids are now 9 and 12 and we've always both been Mummy and it works just fine. When they need to differentiate they call us Mummy and then our first names. It feels easy.

When my son was about 3 he was on the loo yelling 'Mummy' because he'd run out of toilet paper and when I came he told me it was really good having 2 Mummies as he could just yell Mummy and it didn't matter who came!

Offline star78

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 1/12/15, 10:23 »
    Thanks for all the great replies. Our eldest DD is 22 months and seems to call us both 'mum' just now. We refer to me as Mummy and DW as Mum but we'll have to wait and see if that catches on.