* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112182 times)

0 Members

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #830 on: 11/06/15, 17:43 »
Wolfy, I can't wait for pate after the baby is born! I don't have it that much when I'm not pregnant, but always miss it soon as I am pregnant!

Ssltw glad the GTT went well  :) I think most ladies' belly buttons just go completely flat - I don't think there's many that actually pop out like an 'outie' so don't worry, lol!

Che11 hope your belly button stays tucked in too! I don't know for certain that stitches stop it popping out forall women - I just assume that's why mine didn't change last time. It didn't even go flat or anything. Sorry if yours comes out and I've got your hopes up!  ;D

Is anyone else planning on having a 4D scan? I can't wait to see my beany again, as I don't think I'll have any growth scans or anything xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #831 on: 11/06/15, 19:43 »
    Melissa, I think if we weren't having a 32 week scan we would have paid for the 4d scan. We did contemplate it as we wanted to see bubs again (and it would have been last week!) but we weren't really over fussed about the 4d photos, just wanted to see them again. We personally find the 4d pics a bit strange looking  ;D

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #832 on: 12/06/15, 06:04 »
    They can be a bit strange looking! When she first put the scanner on my belly in my first pregnancy, she had to adjust the settings and my daughter ended up looking like just a skull with no features for a split second! I can't imagine going from 20 weeks to 40 without seeing baby again, plus it'll be a great chance to get some more scan photos as my hospital isn't very good at getting you a good one xx

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #833 on: 12/06/15, 09:04 »
    melissamummy - we're not planning to have any extra scans. I was tempted but agree that the 4d ones can look a bit odd! Plus we're staying team cream and I want to save the full surprise for the day, I don't want to see what baby looks like beforehand if you see what I mean! It's a long wait from 20 to 40 weeks but I'm almost halfway there now so I know we can do it :)

Oh and thanks for the belly button reassurance!

AFM We had our niece's 1st birthday party yesterday and I got lots of comments from people ranging from 'you're blooming!' to 'you got big!' - lovely haha! it's only the truth though so you can't take offence can you  ;D

Offline kb77

modify
    « Reply #834 on: 14/06/15, 02:24 »
    We decided not to bother with 4D scans too. I am just happy with normal ones. But wud not mind additional scans ( like every other week...😎😜..)  And i understand and support ladies who book extra scans in between standard NHS ones. It is an awfully long wait between 20 and 30 something weeks. Can't imagine how our mothers were coping without any...

We are flying abroad next week for a holiday and to see my parents. So while we are over there we will be having a scan at the clinic where we had our IVF. Extra scan!!!! Hooray!!! :) and fresh pair of eyes to check our Gummy Bear!🐼🐻
    Looking forward to see my mum's reaction when she sees our little boy on a screen. Feel a bit guilty and sad that my mama and I are not able to share the experience of going to appointments together bcs we are in different countries :-[😔   I bet some ladies in similar to my situation.

Re:food. So glad that I am not alone in being relaxed about food and not being too careless or some might even say - being lazy😡😩😨 Bcs u do hear a lot nowdays that its better be safe than sorry and all researches only prove that modern food is no good and all has has been genetically modified and pumped with dangerous preservatives and E-numbers and so on... Therefore it gives you a guilt trip that you are damaging baby in a womb... 😵😲 . I choose not to be stressed😇 and believe in good standards of British food practices.

Re:belly button. Mine still looks good by being IN ::).  Though i have noticed it is getting a bit shallow :-*. A little bit dreading when it starts popping out. By the way if belly button does "go out" - will it go back, so to speak? And how soon?

Also I have noticed that one of my ankles is getting swollen in a few hours after getting out of bed. Not massively but it is noticeable when comparing with my other "normal" foot. It has been going on for a couple of weeks now. And what is a strange - only my left foot affected plus I thought it is a bit early to have swollen ankles but my midwife does not seem to be concern about it. She said as long as my calf feels normal and I do not have cramps I should treat it as normality in pregnancy. On other hand I do find her sometimes too laid back so I am a bit worried.  Good thing is my swelling does come down after a night sleep/day nap.

So what lovely ladies think cud cause one foot swelling?
    I have read somewhere that it cud be due to baby's position but I thought baby constantly changes and turns from one side to another.... so this theory seems not good enough for me :( ;)

Better go to bed. It is late and my DH knocked on a wall a few times already to get my attention so I join him.

kb xx

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #835 on: 14/06/15, 07:16 »
    Kb I guess it's all to do with water retention and its distribution during later pregnancy. Unfortunately my wedding and engagement rings were getting tighter and whilst still manageable, they were making the skin underneath red and raw so I have had to take them off  :'( my mum has lent me my grandmothers wedding ring, which is around half a size bigger and thinner, to wear in the meantime as I'm not happy with wondering around pregnant with a recently-removed telltale wedding band mark on my finger  ;D

Offline kb77

modify
    « Reply #836 on: 14/06/15, 15:25 »
    Wow, Wolfy,  did not realise That even our hands and fingers could swell. And like u I wud not be happy not to be able to wear wedding ring. I personally don't wear much jewellery but wedding one is the one I hope to keep on for the rest of my life. we are having matching rings with my DH.

No more sun in my parts of UK. Hopefully,  summer has not left us for good yet😈

Offline wing and a prayer

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #837 on: 15/06/15, 20:16 »
    Hi all,

Well my wedding rings are off!! fingers swollen and I dont want my rings to have to be cut off  :-[ :-[ :-[

Had 28w scan today, all perfect and bubba weighs 2lb 8oz now!! thats amazing.  It is the right weight for the gestation apparently (give or take!) and im measuring a couple of days ahead on size.  Apparently baby has no hair!! Our scan was 4D and it was lovely to see a proper little face!  Back in 4 weeks!!

Hope everyone is well xxx

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #838 on: 15/06/15, 20:36 »
    Hi ladies!!

Hope all is well with you all. 

All is good here.  We are 28 weeks today and I have my growth scan and consultant appointment on Thursday.  Just in time before we go away this weekend!!  Getting rather excited about seeing bubba again.  Bubba has been kicking up a storm in my belly the last few days which has been great.  Even though it seems to be pushing my tummy into some weird shapes I absolutely love it!!  I even videoed it today as it was going crazy!!  Even doing it now whilst I am typing this!! 

Picking up on the fluid retention - I seem to be getting that off and on too.  Mainly when I haven't drank enough fluids throughout the day.  I mainly sit at a desk all day, and sometimes find I have more swollen ankles after sitting down all day then when I have been walking around a bit more.  Weird.  Thankfully it hasn't reached my hands yet, but I am watching as like you ladies, I don't want to take off my wedding ring unless I absolutely have to!!  Can't really have mine cut as it has diamonds in it, so fingers crossed the swelling stays only in the feet and ankles!! 

We had some good news weekend just gone.  Some friends of ours who used the same clinic for their treatment have been safely delivered of their twin babies!!  Slightly early at 36 + 3 (I think) but Mum and babies are all well.  Little boy weighing in at 5lb 14oz and a little girl weighing in at 5lb 1oz.  Good weights and only delivered early as they were lying transverse and growth was being restricted for one of them.  Fingers crossed we get to see them soon as they are down in Bristol.  Will be nice to have a cuddle before our own baby arrives!! 

Hope you all have a good week ladies and hopefully check in before we are off on our babymoon!!

:) ;D ;D :)

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #839 on: 15/06/15, 21:48 »
    Good news on the various appointments and scans ladies.
    I had my glucose test results today and everything came back normal, phew! I celebrated with a chocolate torte for dessert  ;)