* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112298 times)

0 Members

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #840 on: 16/06/15, 20:55 »
Hi everyone
Sorry for the lack of personals, its been really busy recently.  However i just wanted to say a BIG thank you for all the reassurance about drinking my small glass of diet coke and for the other ideas of soft drinks to enjoy.  As this is our 8th and last try, our first pregnancy, and having a previous (very early) loss, I guess I am just a little bit paranoid.

I try not to show it but I am not fully relaxed about being pregnant, I feel as if we are just waiting for October or in my darkest moments just waiting for it all to go wrong.  I've not had spotting since a tiny spot at week 13 and nothing before that after week 11, but I still say a little plea  ^pray^ each time I go to the loo.  Part of me thinks "its my turn" to be happy and another part thinks "why me" when others have had their dreams snatched away or never even got that elusive bfp.

I know that this will be true of us all so hugs to anyone else feeling the same way  ^hugme^.
Turia x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K25

modify
    « Reply #841 on: 17/06/15, 08:25 »
    Hi everyone, so lovely to see such good news on here and all the little bubba so are growing nicely! I'm 21 weeks now so over half way mark can't wait to meet our little princess, we have decided to call her Scarlett grace. Has anyone else decided on names yet? Just started to get nursery all sorted for her I do like to be super organised but I suppose having a 2 year old as well I have to be!

I've just started to feel her kick now which is lovely just wish it was a bit more! Has anyone got achy ankles and calves? Last week it started to get this such an irritating thing so just trying to put my feet up as much as I can so they don't swell.

Anyway hope your all enjoying this lovely sunshine :))

Offline AnnaBre

modify
    « Reply #842 on: 17/06/15, 10:32 »
    Turia, I cannot imagine how stressed you must be after your journey. But look how far you've come!! Almost at the magic 24week mark! When are you going for your next scan?

K25, Scarlett Grace is a beautiful name! We are really struggling here with a boy name. Time is running out eeeek!  My ankles are fine, but my SI joints are killing me :'(. I suppose rest with feet up is all we can do, and very supportive shoes?

Offline K25

modify
    « Reply #843 on: 17/06/15, 18:57 »
    Hi Anna that's what I've been trying to do but so difficult when looking after a toddler plus doing housework, shopping etc. is there anything u can do about your joints, when r u due? Our little boy is called Harrison but I agree boys names r tricky, and it's even trickier agreeing on one!xx

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #844 on: 17/06/15, 19:04 »
    Hi AnnaBre
    Thanks for the reminder that we have come along way.  I guess part of me doesn't feel pregnant, just fatter!  However it has now become a running joke in the house as my OH now keeps reminding me.  I'll make a passing comment about my boobs, ankles, tiredness levels or whatever and my OH always replies "Guess what?  You're pregnant!"

I'll have a scan at 24 weeks on 3rd July and then again 30th July, essentially I will be getting a scan every 4 weeks as I am considered high risk.  It will save us a fortune as I would be booking us in for scans privately otherwise  ;D  Even every 4 weeks seems too long.  I have a midwife appointment tomorrow, the first since booking in at 10 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your joints and also K25 about your ankles.  My feet and ankles have been swelling now for a couple of weeks - ever since I went to Physio who banned me from lounging on the sofa and makes me sit up straightish!  I can't win, as the physio was to nip pelvic pain in the bud so I have a choice of sore hips or swollen ankles and have gone for the latter.  Luckily it hasn't hit my hands and fingers and even better that it is summer and flip-flop/sandal weather! 

Also impressed K25 about how organised you are getting.  All we are doing so far is clearing out the 2nd bedroom.   For the last 13 years it has been used as a laundry/ironing room mixed with extra storage room and also used by my OH to dress in when getting ready for work.  Hopefully in July we will get round to painting and giving it a new carpet. 

But again - thanks to our paranoia - will not be putting anything for baby in it until afterwards.  Will just store at my dad's or sister's.  The only thing baby has is a Real Madrid scarf bought at the Bernabeu stadium on the day the clinic did their work and baby was conceived - the stadium was right next to the clinic so my OH got the tour as a reward for doing 'his bit'  ;D

Turia x

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #845 on: 18/06/15, 12:06 »
    Sorry for going AWOL again ladies - it's been a frantic week doing things for my daughter's second birthday. Glad it's all finished with now! Have had no more car problems and everything else is going smoothly in my world for a change! So enjoying a peaceful week of doing nothing, after being so busy for the last month  :)

Glad to hear you're all getting on well. I can't help those suffering with swelling/sore joints. I've not got any problems and didn't have these last time around so I have no advice to offer! Other than drink plenty of water and put your feet up if possible.

We have no organising to do for the nursery as it's still my daughter's room at the moment, and will be until Xmas. Then we'll turf her out into her first toddler bed (eek!) and newborn can move from the moses basket to the cotbed. I'm all sorted for Xmas pressies for my daughter already! So will only have the bedroom swap to worry about come December.

We haven't really discussed names. I already had my daughter's name picked out before I fell pregnant! So that was easy! I have a few girl's names I like but we will discuss it in more depth after our 4D scan next month as that'll be the last opportunity for me to crumble and ask what the sex is! I agree, boys names are a struggle! I like the first name to roll out of the mouth nicely with the middle name, but I haven't found a single combination that I think sounds gorgeous that isn't already taken by someone I know!

I have my 24 week midwife appointment later so looking forward to hearing everything is ok. Although I'm getting lots of movements, they aren't getting more frequent or stronger, but I suspect this is due to my placenta at the front cushioning me from feeling them xx

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #846 on: 18/06/15, 12:39 »
    Glad to hear the car is ok MelissaMummy!  Also that the birthday went well  :)

We've decided on the middle and last name (OH and I never married although have been 23 years together!) and have short-lists for the first.  We want to keep it to a family name but will need to find out the gender soon as that will reduce the discussions to only one of the lists  ;D

I had a midwife appointment this morning.  Not much within it but at least I got to hear baby's heartbeat and all sounded well.  And despite my weight gain, she is not bothered about swollen ankles, my blood pressure is fine and so was my sample!

Ante-natal classes were mentioned as although not needed for a while apparently they get booked up quickly.  I just wondered however if they are worth going to?  My OH would have to take time off work and his pregnant work colleague (2nd time mum) has just told him they are not worth it.  Even to get to an evening group, he would need to leave work about 3.30 to get back, pick me up and then head to the hospital and park for 6.

Any advice/thoughts?
    Turia x

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #847 on: 18/06/15, 13:20 »
    Glad everyone is doing well  :) I'm not having aching joints, but my lower back really aches by the evening each day.

Turia, DH and I went to the breastfeeding antenatal class on Monday since we both had the day off. It was definitely worthwhile with some great tips and info. We are also planning to go to the pregnancy/labour physio antenatal (a friend went recently and said it was helpful) and baby first aid class. Those are the only ones they do in our area  :)

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #848 on: 18/06/15, 14:02 »
    Glad to hear you're all doing ok and hope that those with aches/pains/swelling feel better soon. I've been really lucky, the odd achiness or twinge here or there but not too bad on the whole. My lovely DW is still massaging my feet and calf muscles every night before bed to help with cramps, I feel very well looked after :)

On the subject of antenatal classes, I finally booked mine today. At my hospital you have to call up when you're 30 weeks and book in for your all day NHS class which is usually at around 35 weeks. Mine is going to be when I'm 33 weeks, on 11th July. We've also booked separate classes with a local group, run by some NCT ladies. There aren't any NCT courses nearby me so they've started this separate course to bridge the gap, hopefully that'll be useful too and we'll get to meet some people who are a bit more local. I'm a bit of a research/information junkie, so I'll happily go to as many classes as I can  ;D

AFM little one is growing rapidly and getting much stronger! I've been getting more movement up by my ribs too, which is an odd sensation. We got a call yesterday to say that our pram is in at John Lewis! We're keeping it there until at least mid July, but it's good to know that it's there and ready. Nursery is getting there too, it feels good to be getting organised!

Offline kb77

modify
    « Reply #849 on: 18/06/15, 15:23 »
    Afternoon, ladies☺

It's great to hear that our journeys are continuing on nicely together with all usual side-effects associated with pregnancy☺. And it is considered to be Normal and like "everyone else"!!! Finally, it is so good to be like "everyone else" after years of being odd ones and "abnormal"!!!

Turia, having read ur diary, I truly admire your determination to have a family. please, do not doubt yourself and your little embie-Wriggler who is here to stay and see his mum face.
    Do not let worries overshadow and spoil your wait to meet your precious buba. Enjoy your pregnancy; it is "YOUR TURN"!

And do not think that you are alone in being "worried"😲. I bet all of us do. I do it from time to time.
    I'm still on a Knickers watch every time I go to a loo ^police^ too and
    only last two weeks my mind stopped going into thinking mode that  little things like twinges or pains in lower belly area required a visit to midwife or scan at A/E... Luckily,  for the last fortnight my little boy is kicking fairly regularly now and i find it very reassuring.
    only 4 months to go....

I am a worrier but this worry no longer presents itself as a black never-ending tunnel... and with a help from my lovely DH, I am getting better at being relaxed and enjoying my life for the first time since this horrible word "Infertility" came into my  family vocabulary.

And I have got a new obsession - I can't stop touching...stroking .... and caressing my belly. I LOVE my growing belly!!!💞👣 Does anyone else doing it or is it only me?😉

re:spare/2nd bedroom.
    Are you sure, Turia,  that you are not describing my spare bedroom?!😄mine needs good clear-out and a new carpet also. Since we got our apartment 3 years ago it has been used as a storage/dumping ground. My DH and I agreed that we will deal with bedroom after coming back from our holiday. Anything to postpone a clearance, hey..☺

K25, well done with picking up a name. It is a lovely name for a little girl👱

Melissa, aren't you the most organised person on a planet ;) u even got Xmas presents sorted!!

and re: names. My husband and I are still debating. We are expecting a boy👨. We got a shortlist containing 3 names and now we are stuck. It is a hard work😎.. I thought that we had it sorted. Before we had our sex scan - I picked a name for a girl and DH - for a boy and everyone was happy.  But after it became clear that we are having a little boy my hubby started doubting his choice. He came up with the following statement: "we need to think about it more careful bcs it gonna be a name for our child!!!!!! Duh!!!!!

Re: classes. I have not had any yet and my midwife has not sent me any info either. Though last time I saw my midwife was before my 20 wks scan. I was due to see her for 25 wks appointment but had to rebook it for the following week bcs we are going to be on our holiday. So I am hoping I will be given those classes then.
    So, ladies,  is it a normal practice to discuss all classes only when one reaches 25 wks? Or you think I should give my midwife a little nudge?😬  I am like Ssltw and wud like to attend as many classes as possible.

Good afternoon to everyone😉😄

Love,  kb xxx