* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112180 times)

0 Members

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #850 on: 18/06/15, 15:53 »
Kb - I asked my midwife about classes at my 25 week appointment, not sure how long I would've waited if I hadn't asked! Even then I was told I couldn't book until I was 30 weeks, but all areas are different.

re names - must have missed this discussion! As we're team yellow we have a shortlist for each, 3 girls and 3 boys. Though I think that really it's down to 2 of each and the other 2 are just hanging in there. it's funny how your opinions on names changes over the months, ones we loved we've now gone off and vice versa. I couldn't choose a name at 20 weeks and stick to it, even if I did know the sex! We're not planning on deciding until baby is here and we see which name suits. If none of them do then the names are going into a hat!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #851 on: 18/06/15, 17:21 »
    Just back from 24 week midwife appointment. All is good although worryingly it took her ages to find the heartbeat. She thinks my anterior placenta was just in the way. When we heard it, it was very all over the place, fast, slow, irregular, but she said it all sounded normal and they like to hear it vary. My daughter's was always very steady so that was a bit unnerving listening to this baby's heartbeat!

Re antenatal classes. I found the breastfeeding workshop which is usually done separate to antenatal classes quite helpful, but the classes themselves weren't great. Think it's just more to make like you've got all the info. I found a DVD much more helpful and informative, and if you want to practice the different labour positions you have more time at home and can pause the dvd to copy the positions easier. I did this as my partner would have needed a whole day off work to attend a class and we'd not heard great reviews about them. The midwife discusses classes with you at your 28 week appointment, so don't worry about if she hasn't mentioned them before then. I'll have a quick look around online and see if I can find what the DVD was that I found helpful..

Ssltw, my brother helpfully said when my daughter was about 4 months old that her name didn't suit her lol!! I was like erm well tough, we think it does and we're not likely to change it now!!

Kb77 it is nice to be organised! I got her Xmas bits because they were half price and I've known since last year what I wanted to get her for birthday and Xmas this year! I couldn't be dealing with the stress of Xmas shopping last minute with a 2 month old and a 2.5 year old!

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #852 on: 18/06/15, 17:24 »
    The antenatal DVD was Birthwise - rated as the UK's best antenatal dvd. I found it very helpful as it has many real life pregnant women attending the classes, bringing up their concerns. It runs through pain medication, labout positions etc. And at the end it brings the women in after birth to discuss how it went, adjusting to life as a mum etc. It's only about 20 brand new, or you can get good priced second hand ones off of eBay  :) xxx

Offline kb77

modify
    « Reply #853 on: 18/06/15, 21:10 »
    Melissamummy Congratulations on ur 24 wks mark. 🎉🎊

are you having any extra scans bcs of placenta position? Have you had the same with ur daughter,  re: placenta in front? (Sorry, if u have already written about it) did your placenta move?  My 20 wks scan showed my placenta is low therefore they gave me an extra scan at 32 wks.

And Thank you, Melissamummy,  for  DVD.   I wud definitely have a look. Upto now I am trying to stay in my "one-day-at-the-time and no-think-about-the-day of Grand Finale aka Day of Birth" bubble. I find it a bit too scary but i know that it is inevitable  ;D and i am not the first or the last to give birth... so as a rational person I wud like to find out as much as possible about the whole process and how to get myself prepared for this day.

Ssltw, i like your idea of names in a hat!!!! It is funny^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ one cud only imagine how your child wud be telling all his/her mates a story why he/she was given that particular name.😈😆  parents pulling a name out of hat.... great story to tell👍👏

kb

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #854 on: 18/06/15, 22:29 »
    Thanks Kb77. Baby has been going crazy since the midwife, so was obviously just being a tinker for her!! No I don't have any extra scans booked in on the NHS, that's why I love a 4D scan too around 28 weeks, otherwie I have to go 20-22 weeks before meeting baby from the last scan! Having a placenta at the front isn't an issue healthwise, and won't change position or move, and yes I had it with my daughter. It just affects things like hearing the heartbeat and how easy it is to identify things during a scan. Low placenta's get extra scans incase baby's way out is blocked, but so many move up by the end  :)

I understand completely about wanting as much info! That's why I loved having a DVD at home that I could just watch whenever I felt like it. I'm not stressing at all about labour this time as I've "been there, done it" - I'm much more concerned about sorting babysitting for my daughter that she'll be happy with, particularly overnight. Bet this tinker starts making an appearance at the worst time of day and throws everyone into a panic!

I couldn't do the name out of a hat idea - I'd be like 'oh I really like that name!.... but then this one is still really nice..!' As long as we've made a definite decision on a girl and boy name by about 30 weeks I'll feel relaxed! Xx

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #855 on: 19/06/15, 10:10 »
    Hopefully it won't actually come to the names from a hat option  ;D But you're right, it would be a good story to tell!

AFM I've just had my whooping cough jab, quick and fairly painless! I'm sure I'll have the usual achy arm tomorrow but it's worth it to protect my little one. We're off to a wedding reception tomorrow night and I tried on my dress last night - I look bloody huge! Then I tried on shoes to go with it and none of them fit as my feet have started to swell  ^bigbad^ Think it may have to be sandals!
    Also, 30 weeks tomorrow - how did that happen?!  :o

Offline cat64

modify
    « Reply #856 on: 19/06/15, 10:56 »
    SSLTW - Its flown by hasn't it. My hubby and i was looking at photos of me when i was 10 weeks or so and i look so tiny. My hubby still jokes whether i need to take another test to make sure I'm pregnant (i did take a lot lol).

Swollen feet are a regular thing for me at the moment - gives me an excuse not to make dinner though so happy days!

Husband has just read my medical notes and found that my blood pressure was far too low (he's a medic), explaining why i was poorly between 24-28 weeks and the midwife noted "all fine."  So he marched me off to the doctor who has ordered blood tests for me as she wasn't very happy about how low it was. Luckily I'm ok now and blood pressure back to normal for a pregnant lady.  Around 24 weeks i had an incident in the car where i had to pull over and jump out as i was going to faint. Keep an eye on blood pressure ladies just so you are safe when out and about. Doc said its normal to be low at times but its a good idea to keep on top of it.  Thats my top tip lol.

:)

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #857 on: 19/06/15, 11:41 »
    Cat64 - I was looking at a pic of me at about 12 weeks the other day when I felt so fat and bloated - I'd give anything to look like that after the baby is here!
    Thanks for the tip re not making dinner due to swollen feet, such a good idea  ;)

That's really scary about your low blood pressure, good on your husband for getting this sorted out. Just goes to show that the midwives aren't always paying close attention to this kind of thing. Mine was dropping lower at each midwife visit but had gone up a tiny bit at the last appointment. I'll see what it is when I have my next apt on Weds, and will ask if I think it's low.

I forgot to mention the other negative side to swelling - I've had to take my wedding rings off! I had a moment of panic where I really couldn't get them off and my finger was looking all red and angry, so I figured it was time :( I have a replacement bigger ring on that finger as it felt so naked without them  ;D

Offline kb77

modify
    « Reply #858 on: 19/06/15, 19:10 »
    Evening!

Melissamummy, thanks for correction. Got mixed up with low and front placenta. I have low anterior placenta according to my notes.  I just wrongly presumed  if one has anterior it wud automatically be low.

cat64, thanks for a tip. My blood pressure is on a lower side inside the healthy parameters. So I will have to keep an eye on it I guess. Luckily, i feel ok at the moment but it was a time when I needed a cup of coffee in the morning to get going, otherwise I had no energy to move😩

Ssltw, good going☺ - 30 wks!!!!  only 1/4 of the way left.. and you have a nice big bump to carry around😅

I have read that starting from 7 month it is a good time to have you and your partner and your Bump pictures 📷📷 taken. I would love to have them. I saw that some studios do "From bump to baby" package.
    Is anyone planning on doing them as well?  Any advice where? for Manchester area?

No more sun  for North West so it seems . Just in time for a weekend😤 and back to usual english summer weather  - rain, rain, cloudy and windy and rainy again ☔☔💧☁☔🌂.  Good job we are going away to catch some sun tomorrow night. Hooray!!!! can't wait. Even bought sunscreen today to take with us.

Have a great weekend, everyone,

xxx

Offline che1182

modify
    « Reply #859 on: 19/06/15, 20:10 »
    Hi all

Just a quickie to say my parents picked my name out of a hat! So these things do actually happen!!!! Don't have a middle name either - clearly one was difficult enough!

I'm 24 weeks today! Such a mile stone I feel. And baby has been a little wriggler today!

Glad to hear scans, midwife appointments etc are all going well.

Love chell xxx