* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112310 times)

0 Members

Offline WolfyOne

modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #860 on: 20/06/15, 07:20 »
Kb just a quickie to say we have booked a maternity / newborn (within 10 days of birth) photo package and we actually have the maternity shoot this morning  ;D my bump is massive (can't see my toes) and 30wks tomorrow so it seems like a good time and the photographer seems lovely. We are on the south coast so can't help you with selection, but we took our time looking through their galleries and especially their prices as some cost several hundreds! They quote the shoot as only costing 50 quid or similar, but if you want the photos the price rockets up dramatically! Ours is doing both shoots, with all digital photos on a usb afterwards, with digital altering (like spot colouring) for a combined 120. He only charges a bit extra if we want prints but we may just sort them out ourselves. Excited!  ;D

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #861 on: 20/06/15, 09:38 »
    Hi ladies ssltw great news on being 30 weeks cat sorry to hear about bp che think we will end up picking a name out of a hat we cant agree on a name lol afm iron still very low even on taking 3 a day also my nose is always blocked and keep getting nose bleeds anyone else had this and i need help with hospital bag any tips as what i need ladies

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #862 on: 20/06/15, 10:30 »
    Wolfy - enjoy your photo shoot, sounds like fun! We've been taking weekly bump photos since the start but it would be good to have some 'nice' bump pics. We're at a wedding reception tonight so maybe I'll get a nice one then.

Trina - sorry to hear you're still suffering with low iron and blocked nose. All these little pregnancy niggles they don't tell you about!
    About hospital bags - this list is a pretty good start - http://www.babycentre.co.uk/what-to-pack-in-your-hospital-bag
    Think I might start packing some bits this weekend, I like to be prepared!

AFM - stretching pains are really annoying this morning, so sore just below my belly button. I guess my bump has grown loads over the last week or two so it's to be expected, but it's still annoying and quite painful. I have my 31 week midwife apt on weds so may ask about it then.
    I managed to film a massive kick this morning, think it's the first time I've captured my camera shy baby on camera!

/links

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #863 on: 20/06/15, 13:43 »
    Thanks ssltw sorry your getting pains ive just bought those throw away knickers from tesco

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #864 on: 20/06/15, 14:23 »
    Trina I've bought a pack of those top, they're soooo unattractive! But they will do the job :)

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #865 on: 20/06/15, 15:00 »
    Ssltw I remember spending ages trying to video my daughter kicking! You'll love the video even more once baby is born and you miss your bump!

Trina, yes I've been getting nosebleeds for the last 2 weeks. I've had about 4 so far, and I had 1 terrible one when I was pregnant with my daughter. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done as far as I know - it's due to the hormone changes and the sinuses in your nose change during pregnancy. That's why hayfever can be a lot worse during pregnancy too. Maybe worth mentioning to your midwife for reassurance. As for the hospital bag, if you look on either the NHS or Bounty websites, they have a printable checklist for what to pack - I found this very helpful with my baby brain!

Wolfy, hope your photoshoot went well! We had a family one this morning too but my toddler didn't play ball so will retry again next weekend maybe. I'm not having any specific maternity shoots done though, and will probably just let the Bounty lady in the hospital deal with the newborn shoot.

Kb77 I wish an anterior placenta could move - it was quite a worry that it got in the way Thursday and took the midwife ages to find the heartbeat!!

Cat64 good on your husband for picking up on your blood pressure. Must be reassuring to have someone with medical knowledge as a partner  :) xxx

Offline Shyeshye

• our little pudding xBabydust to u all x
    modify
    « Reply #866 on: 20/06/15, 15:07 »
    Glad to see all is going well for us ladies.
    Apologies that I don't come on often but I have such a hectic job and never get any time.  I always thunk about the thread and when I can I come on.
    Big hugs all.
    Hope u all enjoy fathers day epescially those that haven't had one yet with a bump. Special times.
    Xxx
    Shye and pudding 😊

Offline Jo3

modify
    « Reply #867 on: 20/06/15, 15:14 »
    Ladies,
    Just having a peak at your thread. I was on the 2014 due date Sept/Oct. Aww it brings back memories that id forgotten about  :). The stretching pain below the belly button outch I had that it was so painful. And the swollen ankles I looked like I had elephant legs, nosebleeds, heartburn, carpal tunnel it'll all go after the birth. And Turia I really relate to you, I was in disbelief for so long I couldn't believe I could actually grow a baby and become a mummy. I think in a few weeks once you get past the 25 week mark and from then on as the baby gets bigger and bigger you will start to relax more and believe it, especially when you get the elbow and feet jabs all day (and night) long  ;)
    Something I was advised to put in my hospital bag was lipsil as your lips can get dry during labour and a mini hand held fan for the delivery room. Oh and I bought primark apple catcher knickers and disposed after use as they are so cheap. More comfy than those paper ones.
    Good luck ladies  ^goodluck^
    Jo x

Offline Fairy_secrets

modify
    « Reply #868 on: 20/06/15, 16:23 »
    Hi everyone, have been having a good catch up with this thread. Time seems to be flying now. I'm really enjoying "the 20s" seem to have much more energy and love my bump so much.

Bought a cheap pack of cute sleep suits from primark as wanted to buy something but not ready to buy anything big yet.

I've been looking at prams, really liking the icandy peach - v expensive though!

We've been thinking about names, love Imogen, Skye and Bayley.
    Some days she doesn't stop wriggling, but most days only the occasional kick...the placenta is at the front so seems to cushion a lot, feel like I'm missing out not feeling her much.
    Started taking weekly bump pics at 21 weeks as only really began to show then, now I'm huge!

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #869 on: 20/06/15, 19:45 »
    Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the weekend  ;D

Lots to catch up on!

Wolfyone and ssltw - thanks for advice on classes, those ones sound good.  I'm in Scotland so it will be different but all they have said is it is an hour of midwife and an hour with the physio, no idea what they will cover.  Melissamummy - thanks also for the dvd info.  I know already I should be getting a c-section but will look into the dvd.

Sltw - loving the names in hat idea  ;D - hope your wedding goes well.

Cat64 - never thought of using the ankles to get out of stuff, good idea!!!

Che - congratulations on reaching a special milestone  ^milestone^  Another week for me (my dating scan is 3 days ahead of  my IVF ticker dates) but can't wait.

Trinia - sorry to hear abour your nosebleeds, I had it in 2 ww but always remembered my mum saying that they were usually caused by hormones.

Kb77 - thanks so much for your kind words about my diary.  I'm not sure if it was determination or just stubborness, I just knew if the choice was nothing or keep trying then I would have to keep trying.  This was actually the first cycle when I thought to myself "I can't keep doing this" physically, emotionally and financially so I am so grateful that it worked.  I'm glad to know that I am also not the only one having to clear out - how can a room so small hold so much stuff   ;D

Jo3 - thanks also for your thoughts.  I can't wait to feel proper kicking.  I now think I feel movement - more like ripples or a bubble moving.  Other times I think it is just gas  ;D but as it is usually after dinner or at bedtime, I guess it is the right time for moving.  I do have extra padding so it may be cushioning me...

AFM - I have another scan in less than 2 weeks so can't wait!  However another question for everyone (sorry) ....all pregnancy I have had sore/tender/heavy boobs and at times my nipples have been extra tender or 'itchy', which I know is all normal.  However last night and today I keep getting shooting pains in my right nipple.  It's almost like someone is putting needles in it, they are so sharp and sudden.  They especially seem to happen when I lean forward even if only by a little.  It's not constant, just every so often and the pain is quite fleeting.  Is this something to worry about or is it normal too?

Turia x