* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112307 times)

0 Members

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #880 on: 24/06/15, 14:05 »
Hi ladies, I've been reading to see how you're all getting on.

Kb77 great news on your scan - shame he was a monkey and wouldn't give you a clear photo though!

Regarding clothes,  newborn and 'up to 1 month' are the same thing. Most newborns will fit in the first size for about 3-5 weeks. My daughter was in them for 4 weeks and she was the perfectly average size (7lbs 4oz). When you change from newborn to 0-3 months, you'll notice the clothes suddenly seem huge and hang off of baby! Very very few babies will come out and need to go straight into 0-3 months, and tiny baby is for premature babies, twins, or those with growth issues who are predicted to weight about 6lbs or less so most of us won't need to bother with that size I don't think. With regards to numbers, I'd say have about 7 vests and 7 sleepsuits as baby will go thrugh probably 2-3 outfits a day with baby sick and with their dry skin coming off at the beginning etc.

Ssltw I'm with you - as we're team cream too I've got a good number of baby grows in neutral colour, and will buy more when baby is here and we know the gender. I have so many gorgeous girl ones though from my daughter that I won't need to buy much if this one is also a girl
 Congrats on your midwife appointment :)

Cat what a terrible time you've had! Sounds like you've made the right decision though, hope you get on better now.

Turia I've had a few shooting pains across my tummy - they're so worrying aren't they, but I've been assured they're totally normal.

AFM, I had a perfect midwife check last Thursday. Then spent all weekend having nosebleeds, so had to ring thr midwife yesterday to check it's ok as I've had about 6 in the last 7 days and some of them have lasted a long time. Then today I had blood-stained discharge and not much movement, so had to call her again, who told me to call the hospital. Just got back from there as they wanted to listen to baby etc as they were concerned it may be leaking amniotic fluid. Luckily baby sounds fine so they've told me not to worry for now. Hoping there's no more problems now and I start feeling movements more frequently xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lindylou29

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #881 on: 24/06/15, 20:47 »
    Hi ladies can anyone tell me how to get into chat? It doesn't seem to be working for me. 27 weeks & all is well so far!

Offline che1182

modify
    « Reply #882 on: 24/06/15, 22:01 »
    Hi everyone - haven't had chance to read all updates but just wanted to let you all know there's a big mamas and papas sale on currently - some three pack sleep suits for 6! Amongst other stuff. I spent 100 but saved over 130

Will catch up soon

Love chell xxx

Offline AnnaBre

modify
    « Reply #883 on: 25/06/15, 08:22 »
    Hi ladies! Glad everyone is well!

Good for you Cat! It is your baby and body after all!

Trina, good luck with your hosp check next week!

Kb, enjoy your holiday, it sounds so lovely. We have winter here in the southern hemisphere 😢😢😢, my hands are freezing as I am typing this. My baby turned Tuesday night, I was awake the whole time with him kicking up a storm. When I scanned the next day his head was down.

Melissamummy sorry to hear about your scare, keep a close eye on those movements! Hope your nose bleeds settle down. Mine is just really really blocked.

AFM, having a growth scan tomorrow. Yay! I am sure this boy has grown a lot!  I feel like an elephant, walk like an elephant....and have the short temper of an elephant bull in mast 😡.

Enjoy your day!!

Offline Fairy_secrets

modify
    « Reply #884 on: 25/06/15, 20:54 »
    Thanks Che1182 -there's some lovely things on the mamas and papas website, got some good bargains :)

Offline che1182

modify
    « Reply #885 on: 25/06/15, 21:39 »
    Hi Everyone

Just been catching up:

kb77 - where are you? It is hot in the UK but I think we have that tropical storm from USA heading our way. Hubby is gutted as he is camping at Goodwood all weekend! Such an awesome movement story! I was just putting my bio oil on and was leaning back and saw my whole tummy move - was so weird!

Fairy secrets - glad you got some bargains! Me too - saved 200 in total and spent 250! Got my high chair aswell - was not planning on getting it just yet but 30 off it - we got the stokke trip trapp. We are also sold on the icandy peach - just handles so well and perfect for our bumpy paths around the lake and by the river. I got a 10% off voucher at mothercare tonight so plan to use that when we purchase - just to make the kick in the balls a little sweeter!!!!

re sleep suit sizes I have been just getting a mixture of newborn, 0-3 and i think i have a couple of 3-6 just because I liked them

ssltw - I had those awful stretching pains around 2 weeks ago - where everything just felt really really tight and uncomfortable - literally wondered how on earth I could grow for another 18 weeks! All settled down now - but I guess going by you I'll look forward to some more in a few weeks!

Melissa - rubbish time you are having with your various bleeds! Glad everything is a bit better now.

We had our babymoon/my birthday treat this week - was lovely to get away and had lots of lovely spa treatments - soon wears off though doesn't it! Back to the real world. Have been really struggling at work - 12 hour shifts in a busy A+E which is also scorching hot as the air con is broken. I'm so worried after all my fluid scare. I don't know how I'll managed until the end of august sometimes.

Went to the expectant parent thing at mothercare tonight. It was OK. Not spectacular but you get the 10% voucher and a pretty good goody bag - like the oscars goody bag compared to the bounty packs!

Got GP appointment for my 25 week check tuesday and then my obs appointment with scan in the afternoon so am now very focussed on that. Although getting lots of movement now so its really reassuring. The movement is just awesome. When you thought it may never ever happen to you - its really something to cherish isn't it.

Love to all

Chell xxx

Offline Fairy_secrets

modify
    « Reply #886 on: 25/06/15, 21:56 »
    Che1182 - omg I love the icandy peach as well. I keep looking at cheaper ones, but I am just always drawn back to it, just wish there were more colour options. I'm sure that what I'll end up buying, even though it seems extortionate! I'm a nurse as well, I was doing one long day and three normal shifts, I've dropped the long day now as it was just too tiring. Could you drop to normal shifts, or do long days suit you?

Offline che1182

modify
    « Reply #887 on: 25/06/15, 23:05 »
    Hi fairy

There are more colours direct from icandy - John Lewis will get you them as will otherr online places or I candy direct. I spoke to lady in mothercare tonight and she said if I can hold on until next week they are expecting new colours out so just keep an eye out. Luckily the voucher lasts until 12th July.

Due to the aircon situation having a direct effect on my fluid levels, instead of going off sick I've taken leave, and reduced my shifts to one long day and one none clinical day a week. Just started this week so will see how I go with that. The none clinical is a normal day which makes a ton of difference. It's hard going though when preggers! I always said I would not be in a+e and pregnant - plan clearly worked!!!!

Xxx

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #888 on: 29/06/15, 12:47 »
    Hi ladies!!

Sorry for the absence over the last week.  We went to Cornwall for our 'Babymoon' week and it was absolute bliss!!  Literally did very little the whole week and just chilled out.  Was so lovely and the weather we had was amazing too!!  We also managed to treat the baby to a few bits and bobs whilst we were there!!

AFM - bump is progressing nicely.  Getting bigger all the time and my belly button seems to be stretching quite a bit now!!  I am dreading it popping out!!  I hate my belly button at the best of times, so this is really getting to me!!  Baby has been very active - more so in the afternoons and evenings.  Defo have not got a morning child at this rate!!  Growth scan before we went on holiday was all good.  Baby is growing within range and the only thing highlighted was that the legs are on the small side.  Well doesn't bother me as I am only 5ft!!  So baby is going to be like Mummy!!  Everything else was all good.  Had my anti-d injection too which was a lot more painful than I expected!!  Needle was really big!!  But thankfully pain wore off after a while.

I am now into my final work countdown!!  I will only actually be in the office for 6 weeks until I leave for baby!!  I can't believe it has come around so quickly!!  Has anyone else felt that the past few weeks seem to have sped up somewhat?!!  Me and my Mum are off to the Expectant Parent event tomorrow @ Mothercare to order the big things for baby.  They give you 10% on the night for whatever you order, so savings to be had. 

Have a good week ladies!!

:) ;D ;D :)

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #889 on: 1/07/15, 17:42 »
    Hi ladies, I'm just wondering if most of you are getting the whooping cough jab? My mw keeps reminding me. I guess I've been a bit precautious since the pregnancy version is relatively new in terms of understanding long term implications and my mum believes giving my eldest brother the jab as a baby contributed to him developing epilepsy (although he is now late 40s so I'm sure things have advanced).