* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112178 times)

0 Members

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #890 on: 1/07/15, 17:51 »
Wolfyone - I decided to have the injection and am booked in on Saturday morning (should have been Monday but had to make emergency visit to midwife).  Both me and hubby looked into it and I decided to have it to give some protection to the baby - no matter how small it might be.  My uncle died of whooping cough as a baby many years ago, so also had that in the back of my mind also.

Has anyone got any tips of how to soothe very swollen feet??  Mine are absolutely huge at the moment and not sure what is best to do!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #891 on: 4/07/15, 08:38 »
    I think we will get the jab so better pull my finger out and get it booked! I know they recommend on NHS website having it before 32wks, but I'm 32wks tomorrow.

Fly, very jealous of your FL trip  ;D I've also been getting calf cramps every night in bed. I feel them coming on so find bending and holding my feet upwards stops the full cramp from coming on.

Nighttime is definitely a struggle with the heat  ;D

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #892 on: 4/07/15, 10:58 »
    Wolfy - they recommend having the jab by 32 weeks but they can actually do it up to 38 weeks to you should be ok :) I had mine a couple of weeks ago and it was fine, slightly achey arm that afternoon but nothing after that.

Re cramps - I've been suffering with these on and off for months but they're gettinng worse. I was told that stretches or calf massage, bananas and a little tonic all help. The other night I had cramp in both legs, and was hobbling around all day the next day  ;D

AFM - 32 weeks today! Yesterday we had our appointment with the health visitor, she was really nice and gave us lots more info to read :) I wondered how she'd react to us being a same sex couple, but she was very cool with everything. Think it keeps it interesting for them!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #893 on: 4/07/15, 13:10 »
    Hi ladies well packed my hospital bag today as 33 weeks on monday was in hospital last week as have gallstones very painful iron is very low had a drip and now on b12 jabs for 8 days got a check up at the hospital on tuesday heat was so bad in hospital that i think i will pack vests for the baby

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #894 on: 4/07/15, 18:50 »
    I have been suffering with the leg cramps too - normally just before I get up in the morning which is a little odd......and boy do they hurt!!  I had my whooping cough injection today and found the needle really hurt me AGAIN!!  And it was a smaller one that my anti-d!!  What is wrong with me!! 

31 weeks on Monday - seems to be going really fast now!!  Baby hospital bag is all packed and done - just mine to go!!  I have a few days off next week, so am planning to get mine all ready then.  Growth scan at 32+3 (16th July) and am hoping that baby is still in the right growth range.  Have had my bump measured when I went to the midwife unit as an emergency (a very active baby suddenly went very very quiet and gave me a fright!!) and she said bump measured exactly what it should do.  But I never know how much of a good gauge that is....?  Have a total of 5 weeks of being in the office left!! 

We also went to an open day for our little village nursery and to make a final decision on where the baby will be once I go back to work.  For a small nursery, it is absolutely brilliant and the set up is good.  Felt very homely, and it could not be a better location from home.  It is literally a 3 min walk from our front door!!  Pretty reasonably priced too for full time daycare.

Feet are still swelling - but am just getting used to it now.  The joys of pregnancy!!  But even with that - I am still enjoying everyday and getting more and more excited to meet our little person!!

:) ;D ;D :) 

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #895 on: 5/07/15, 16:41 »
    Sorry about all the leg cramps - I've been getting those and they are not fun, especially as it takes me forever to turn round onto my right side and get out of bed to stop the cramping!

We had the first of our 4-weekly growth scans last Thursday.  Baby's stomach was measuring nearly 2 weeks ahead so they have booked me in for the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes.  Now it could be simply because daddy is 6ft 5 with a bit of a tummy, the donor was 5ft 7 and although I’m only a smurf at 5ft 4, I’ve certainly got excess tummy so perhaps a large baby is not unexpected.  However needless to say it has got me worried and paranoid again about everything I eat or drink.

However all else was fine and Baby was a bit better behaved this scan!

I can’t remember what the sonographer said to make me laugh, but laugh I did and almost immediately Baby started to giggle too  ;D  Their whole facial expression changed before our very eyes to what certainly seemed like a smile…although I do recognise it may be our imagination!  But even the sonographer saw it and commented for just at the same moment Baby raised their hand and gave us a wave  ^wave^

Perhaps I should stop writing ‘their’ and insert ‘his’ – we are now team Blue!  ^blueted^

Offline Fairy_secrets

modify
    « Reply #896 on: 6/07/15, 10:52 »
    Had a growth scan on Friday as I have been measuring big for couple of weeks, all is fine, baby is normal size, not too much or too little fluid, it's just the way I'm carrying. After waiting for a bump for so long I'm suddenly huge lol I love it though. Getting really excited to meet her!

Offline Fairy_secrets

modify
    « Reply #897 on: 6/07/15, 10:53 »
    Also having calf cramps at night, so painful! And I wake up sometimes at an ungodly hour with awful heart burn. Nine more weeks at work, sounds like ages.

Offline purplepeak

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #898 on: 6/07/15, 12:00 »
    Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I have been lurking a bit but not managing to find time to post. EDD for me is 1st Sept, so I guess I just fit on this thread!

For the ladies with the calf cramps, I started getting them but haven't had them for ages. I think it's because dh started doing a hard massage of my calves every night last thing before I went to sleep. It has really helped and my legs generally feel a lot better for it. No cramps now but we are keeping up the nightly massage.

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and generally feeling well, if tired. Not remotely ready, in terms of organisation, buying stuff, our house having work done on it etc. But psychologically and emotionally we are ready. Can't wait to meet our little boy :-)

All the best to everyone,
    P.

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #899 on: 6/07/15, 18:26 »
    Purple, welcome to the thread  ^hugme^

Good news on the scans ladies.

We have our 32wk scan tomorrow, can't wait, 12 wks since last scan! Hopefully my placenta has moved!  ^reiki^
    Getting increasingly stressed at work though  :'( more and more pressure...