* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112186 times)

0 Members

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #930 on: 8/07/15, 15:07 »
Thanks melissamummy - I will defo give the insurance company a call and see what they say.  Sounds so silly and trivial but I would be lost if I couldn't drive!!  You would have thought we would be glad of the rest!!   :)  But like you said, it is best to check rather than assume. 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #931 on: 8/07/15, 15:30 »
    Mine won't flygirl as he's classed as self-employed so he gets absolutely no paid time off for holidays, sick etc. He's still going to have 2 weeks off post-birth so he doesn't miss out on the 2 weeks most blokes get to bond with new baby and to help me out, even though it'll be unpaid. He's going to have a few days off next week as a mini break as it'll probs be the last time he has off before the new baby arrives. It really sucks him not getting holiday pay =( xx

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #932 on: 8/07/15, 15:35 »
    We are in the same position.  Hubby is only taking off 2 weeks after bubba is born as we can't afford the drop in wages.  I will be on maternity allowance and we just cannot afford for him to drop to paternity pay as well.  He is using annual leave entitlement to ensure money stays the same whilst he is at home with me.  We are just really lucky my family are all close by and we also have fantastic neighbours who have said they will help us out in anyway they can. 

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #933 on: 8/07/15, 17:21 »
    Yeah same here, DH is self employed so gets zero money for leave, but he wants to take 2 wks off for bonding so we are saving up for it  :)

Offline wing and a prayer

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #934 on: 8/07/15, 19:18 »
    Hi all,

I know the feeling........We have a restaurant in spain and August and Sept are our busiest months of the year - they pay for the winter.  DH is the chef so we are kind stuffed to be honest.  No maternity & paternity pay for either of us!!  Midwife yesterday said to DH how long will you have after the baby is born and to be honest he is prob not going to have any time off.  We just cant manage it.  She said he shouldnt leave me for 4-5 days at least just because of baby blues etc and my family are not here (in laws are but its a bit different although they would be there for whatever I needed them for) but it might not be feasible - its what pays the mortgage so a bit of a nightmare really!  I would NEVER complain but our ICSI cycle's could always only ever happen in December as we shut down for a month so due date was always going to be what it is!  Not that I am moaning, I am just sat here in 40 degrees, at work with staff the are doing my head in, broken aircon at home and generally sweating my bits off and being grumpy!!!!! However, I know I have won the IF lottery!!!!

Upside is that DH will have lots of free time once the season finishes at the End of Oct but September will be interesting.........

xxxx

xxxxx

Offline AnnaBre

modify
    « Reply #935 on: 9/07/15, 08:29 »
    Hi ladies. Interesting chat on the natural birth VS C-section. I have had many many of these before and they can become very emotional. With my first baby, as a qualified midwife, I wanted a natural birth, because during training they really hammer on the pros of it.  As destiny would have it, it was an emergency section. They almost had to drag me into theatre kicking and screaming ;D...Today 4 years later I have much better perspective. The way I give birth is not important to me, I just want another healthy baby who can grow up to bring me as much happiness as my daughter does. Children is such a blessing! And the memories of the birth fades into oblivion when compared to the love you feel for that little person.

Enjoy these magical last weeks xxx

Offline KateBoothby

• Iszi our little miracle
    modify
    « Reply #936 on: 9/07/15, 14:03 »
    Wow! Just been catching up don't often post but do try to read.
    I'm sticking with a natural home birth of i can. The idea of being cut open and having my insides moved out the way is not appealing and although birth is not pain free it's such a short but of the whole thing. Last time it was plane sailing 5 hours start to finish with no stiches so I'm hopeful :)

I think last time the birth plan was discussed about 34 weeks (my baby arrived at 38 and it was long before then)

Anyone started taking raspberry leaf tea capsules yet? I was hoping to start at 30 weeks.

I understand on the self employed front both dh and I are self employed and live on site to our business. It has benefits but was very hard last time for the first few months.
    Hugs to all xx

Offline SarahEJC

modify
    « Reply #937 on: 9/07/15, 22:13 »
    Hi, I don't post often but regularly read. I'm expecting twins but am hoping to have a natural delivery. My personal view is that it's better for the babies and usually has a shorter recovery. My first labour didn't go to plan and with fetal distress we were prepped for a c section however at the last minute she was delivered by forceps. I had a bad tear but actually found it pretty easy to recover from. I've done lots of research into natural vs c section for a twin delivery and there is a significant amount of evidence which says that c sections aren't any safer than natural deliveries and don't provide some of the other benefits to mum and baby. Having said all of that if the consultant says I need to have a section then I will have one. Just don't underestimate what your body can do and don't forget that everyone likes to share a scare story and they keep quiet about all the 'easier' labours!
    Also I've had a good look and can't find any information that says paternity leave is extended if the mum has a section - where can I find the information on this? Can't remember who posted about it.

Xx

Offline ♥ Bambi ♥

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #938 on: 10/07/15, 09:48 »
    Sarah, I too had a natural delivery of my first then natural delivery of twins. You will be fine :)
    My twins are 3 now. You must be so excited x

Offline purplepeak

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #939 on: 10/07/15, 11:23 »
    Inspiring to hear / hear of good stories about natural births. I've had some of those from the ladies in my preg yoga class as well, and even watched a couple on youtube. Thanks ladies! X