* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112301 times)

0 Members

Offline ♥ Bambi ♥

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #940 on: 10/07/15, 20:40 »
Purple, yoga sounds good. Relaxation and the mind/body connection is so important. With childbirth it's really inporthantto remember that feeling anxious and stressed & out of control will increase pain..and if a mother then has say an epidural she then won't progress well and won't be able to feel her contractions or be able to push well..which in turn leads for more intervention be it forceps/c-section...

Ladies put those pregnancy books away and start reading up on birth. Whichever birth option you're having. And if you're going to breastfeed educate yourself on that too x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Katie88

modify
    « Reply #941 on: 11/07/15, 10:24 »
    I was driving 10 days after my c-section. My insurance said i could drive as soon as i felt comfortable enough to do an emergency stop. X

Naughty flygirl!!  ;D it can invalidate your insurance if you drive before 6 weeks after your c-section! Most insurers require you to wait that long and may even require a GP's note saying you're fit to drive after your section so it's worth checking with your insurer. That's something else to bear in mind if you can avoid a section - I don't know how I'd cope not driving for 6 weeks, I'd end up totally housebound! Xx

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #942 on: 11/07/15, 18:38 »
    I think I'm definitely going to elect for an epidural. My perineum often tears a little just having sex, it has been this way since I was 20, so I suspect I will tear rather badly during labour. Knowing I will have an epidural makes the pain easier to deal with in my mind  :)

Offline wing and a prayer

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #943 on: 11/07/15, 18:57 »
    Wolfy - Im with you! My hospital in spain is epidural or NOTHING!!!!! no gas and air, nothing!  Im no hero..........

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #944 on: 16/07/15, 16:57 »
    Afternoon ladies, hope you're all plodding along nicely  :) just back from my 28 week midwife appointment and my bump size has plotted me on the chart to have a 9lb 9oz baby at birth!!  :-[ 2.5lbs bigger than my daughter! So hope I have a lot of water in there this time!! Not much else to report. Still knackered and needing a nap most days, nosebleeds most days so platelet levels are being checked with the blood my midwife just took, and got to book in for the whooping cough jab. Hope everyone else is doing alright xx

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #945 on: 16/07/15, 17:15 »
    Hi MellissaMummy

Plodding is the word for it!  Also on track for a big baby as its stomach was measuring 2 weeks ahead at my 24 week scan.  I was tested for gestational diabetes and just back from my appointment today.  My '2 hours after' test was fine at 6.1 but the fasting overnight test was over the cut-off point by 0.5 (at 5.6), a tiny amount!  However I have now to prick my fingers and make them bleed 7 times a day for the rest of my pregnancy.  Oh joy!  Just as well us IVFer's are used to needles  ;D  I've to monitor diet but there was no obvious sugar to cut out...

Sorry to hear bout your nose bleeds - is it hormonal/pregnancy or caused by some thing else?

Hope everyone else ok - after a flurry of posts, its gone quiet again.... :(

Turia x

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #946 on: 16/07/15, 18:00 »
    I'm plodding too Turia - can't believe how badly I'm waddling already! Oh no that sucks having to prick your finger that much for the rest of your pregnancy! You'll certainly be counting down the days! Yes my baby was measuring over 2 weeks big at the 20 week scan but I just thought it had had a growth spurt and would slow down again! I'm hoping to be offered a growth scan if I'm still measuring as far ahead at my 31 week midwife app.

My nose bleeds are just pregnancy related. I had 1 awful one with my daughter, so I'm a bit shocked to be having so many this time round. It's worse for women with sensitive noses, and unfortunately I have a terribly sensitive nose. I suffer with horrendous hayfever and if I breathe at all in a room where deodorant/perfume has been sprayed in the last hour I have a terrible sneezing fit! Apparently all they can do is monitor platelet levels, and if these come back low at any point I have to have a blood platelet transfusion  :( xx

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #947 on: 17/07/15, 00:36 »
    Hello lovely ladies!!

Glad to see all are still doing well - not good with the nosebleeds and needles though!!  But as I am sure we all would agree, the pain will be worth it in the end!!

All good here.  Had our 32 week growth scan and baby is doing perfect.  No major concerns with the growth rate, baby is also in the perfect position already for labour and birth!!  We also saw that baby has a good amount of hair on their head already - measuring about 1cm!!  That old wives tale about heartburn and lots of hair appears to be true!!  We also had our discussion with the consultant about having an elective c-section.  Short answer was - no.  Currently at this stage, the consultant can see no medical reasons or grounds to give us a c-section.  Baby is growing well, my body is coping well with the pregnancy (BP was 100/70, and seems to always be around that figure which is normal) and whilst I am concerned about my body not being able to cope with the natural birth process, she assured us that as we have been labelled as a 'High Risk' pregnancy we will be monitored very closely and at the 1st sign of anything untoward, we will be taken into theatre.  She explained that both natural and c-section births carry their risks and they need to be considered in equal balance.  She also mentioned about the possibility (not guaranteed) that there could be issues with future pregnancies should I have a c-section.  Coupled with seeing baby very happy and in the textbook, perfect position for labour and birth we felt better with the decision to not opt for this at this stage.  So now it is just the countdown to the big day!!

As for everything else, still seem to have very swollen feet but getting used to that now.  Am waddling like a duck permanently now which is most annoying!!  Its my birthday next week and we are having a BBQ party.  My last one before I become a Mummy!!  Never in a million years did I think I would be saying that!!

Keep well ladies - the end is very nearly in sight!!!

:) ;D ;D :)

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #948 on: 17/07/15, 07:09 »
    Hi all

Mel, I'm not sure the bump measurements are a great predictor. At my 31wk midwife appt (and the previous one) my uterus was measuring a couple of wks ahead, but at the 32wk scan, bubs weighed 4lb1 which plotted her end weight just under the 50%ile line. The amount of amniotic fluid seems to have a big impact.

Hayley happy birthday for next week!  ;D ^hugme^

Thankfully not waddling yet but bump is huge now. Everyone at work keeps asking if it is twins, the cheeky sods!  ^bigbad^. But it doesn't seem physically possible to have 6 more wks of growing left! People are surprised when I tell them I still have that long left!!

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #949 on: 17/07/15, 08:40 »
    Mrs HC, glad all is going well, not long for you now!! I think that's a sensible decision you've made about labour options. I'm sure you'll be looked after well  :)  I hope you have a great birthday bbq!

Wolfy, I know it would be a really rough weight estimate just going by my bump size, but I'm one who doesn't carry much water so it's likely to not be far out!  :o  I'm hoping to be offered a growth scan, or to have dropped down on the chart by my 31 week appointment! Do you have anymore growth scans to have? How cheeky of people to ask if it's twins! Someone said that to me the other week when they saw my bump - I thought "you can't just go around asking people that..!!"  ;D xx