* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112183 times)

0 Members

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #950 on: 17/07/15, 08:59 »
Just catching up on all of the posts and comments about waddling like ducks and being asked if it's twins  ;D Cheeky sods!
Luckily my bump is growing but quite steadily, so I haven't had too many comments yet other than the usual ones about eating all the pies  ::)
It's interesting to hear about your growth scans, makes me wonder what our little one weighs now. We've plotted bang on the line at all of our midwife checks so far so haven't had a scan since our 20 week one... who knows what's going on in there by now! One thing's for sure, we have a very active little monkey who really likes to wedge their body parts under my ribs..

AFM I've just been away to the office for a couple of days, I usually work from home and go in for 2 days per month. This was my last proper overnight visit! Felt so strange having handover meetings with colleagues, I'm almost sad to leave. Just got to go back on my last day, but DW will come with me then so this was my last trip away on my own for a very long time. I have to admit that I was a little nervous travelling that far away (it's 4hrs each way) at over 33 weeks but I asked bump very nicely to not cause any dramatics while I was away from home and they listened  ;) Glad to be home now!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #951 on: 17/07/15, 09:43 »
    Mel, my 32wk scan wasn't a growth scan, it was a scan due to my placenta blocking my cervix at 20wks so they wanted to scan at 32 to check it had moved, which it has by 4cm. Exits are clear  ;D but whilst doing the scan, they also checked the other measurements too.

Ssltw nice that you are done with travelling! After today, four weeks left of work, can't wait (stopping work at 38wks)!!  ;D ;D

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #952 on: 17/07/15, 10:22 »
    Wolfyone and ssltw - I have been getting a few comments on how big my bump is too!!  Seeing as I am in and out of the office on leave quite a bit at the moment, everyone gets shocked when I come back as I seem to have grown quite a bit!!  My manager is out in India and by the time she comes back, she wouldn't have seen me for about 5 weeks so no doubt she is going to notice a big difference!!  But everytime I get measured by the midwife, they say that bump is on target for what it should be?  But like you - I just cannot see how it is possible for me to get any bigger!!  The belly button has almost popped too!!  YUK!!

;D ;D

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #953 on: 17/07/15, 11:47 »
    Hey ladies happy to see everyone  having big bumps lol i start mat leave next Friday  cant wait im 35 weeks on monday still having pains with gallstones does anyone else think the last weeks are going slow

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #954 on: 17/07/15, 12:06 »
    Sorry to hear about gallstone pains Trina.  Poor you, I can really empathise although at least I wasn't pregnant at the time ^hugme^  I had excruciating pain for about a year in 2005-6.  Doctors kept treating me for an ulcer until one week I turned yellow - even the whites of my eyes  ;D  Obviously the gallstones were blocking my bile duct so had to have my gall bladder out for my 39th birthday.  However I'm happy to say that despite the myths I have been able to still eat cheese!  Funnily enough I had phantom gall bladder pain for most of the 2nd trimester and then it suddenly stopped for no reason.  Must have been all my insides being moved around   :o

Take care  ^hugme^
    Turia x

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #955 on: 17/07/15, 13:46 »
    Ahh sorry Wolfy, yes I remember you saying about the scans for your placenta position. So glad to hear it's moved!

Ssltw, I can remember how sad I was to leave work but just think of the exciting (and tiring!) new job of looking after a baby that you'll have very soon  ;D

Mrs HC make sure you keep us updated on your manager's reaction! When I don't see people for a week or 2 they seem to notice a big change in my size, so I can't imagine what your manager will think not having seen you for so long!

Trina sorry to hear about your gallstones. I think these weeks are going at the perfect rate for me, but then I've got my toddler to keep me busy and I'm trying to enjoy our last few months together before the new addition  :)

Xx

Offline kb77

modify
    « Reply #956 on: 17/07/15, 15:47 »
    Good afternoon, ladies!

Sorry for radio silence. Was on holiday and mega busy on return....

Wow, there is a lot to catch up... so long-ish post alert🙌

Sorry if I miss anyone😔

Purplepeak,  and Conker,  welcome to the thread!
    Congratulations on your little miracles! Your journey to achieve your dream to have a family was long and difficult!
    Not that any of other ladies who have taken this Infertility Road are less of heroes in my eyes...

Purple, you made me feel better😄 in a way that i am not the only one who is not remotely ready in terms of buying stuff/furniture/house improvements... and you are month ahead of me... It gives me hope that i am not that hopeless and it IS achievable😉 I am sure everything will be done in time for baby arrival. Just less time makes decision-makings much quicker☺

Melissamummy , u did get me a bit worried when i read about ur bleeds&reduction of movement... i am so happy that everything is ok with your baby now. And you are fine Apart from your nosebleeds...  Poor girl!!   to have so sensitive nose... does it mean absolutely No perfume for you???

How did your 4D scan go?  Hope, you managed to capture some nice footage ^afro^

Turia,  sorry to hear about needles😔 i am sure it is only a precaution.  Those little pricks are only tiny bumps on this final part of your long journey to meet your little boy.

MrsHayley,  Hip Hip! Hooray!!! to "uneventful" and "boringly" normal pregnancy👍👏  try to stay positive and believe in experience of your consultant re:labour plans. And i do realized it is easy to say than to do. I feel nervous myself about that last stage of pregnancy. In my opinion, MrsHayley,  you are not a "whimp". It is a personal choice and i would imagine it is better to have your mental state intact so you are able to give your best to your baby than be a nervous wreck who would need to be looked after.

Trina , so sorry to hear you have problems with gallstones. Hopefully,  doctors could help to cope with pain before and after baby arrives. Am I correct in thinking there is nothing doctors could do apart from pain management at the moment?

WolfyOne,  How did your Bump photoshoot go?
    congrats on 32wks milestone! And on joining team Pink! And on news about placenta moving up..  what are your thoughts on such result?

TBH, i have a confession to make -  i am having mixed feelings about mine...
    You see, my placenta was low laying on my 20 wks scan too. So i am having 32wks scan. And i am a bit torn what result I am wishing for...😞
     At first i was a bit upset about possibility to have a C-section but in a few days after thinking and reading and talking to you ladies I relaxed. Like you said yourself, Wolfy, i am not a hero too....
    The actual process of giving birth scares me. Not in a sense of physical pain (Though i am not looking forward to it either), it is a thought of causing harm to a baby...and C-section means no tears, forceps and more importantly no danger of having lack of oxygen to baby's brain if it gets stuck.  But on other hand, natural birth is what nature intended for us to do. And baby will make appearance one way or another. So i let fate decide which road to take.

Re: C-section. I do not consider whoever chooses C-section route is less of a woman or mother or weaker person for picking an "easy" option. It was not easy for any of us to get to the point where we are now! !!

Chell(Che1182),  I am completely behind ur thoughts and feel the same re C-section.  Well put. Ta for your link for video. And in reply to ur much earlier post - we spent our holiday in Ukraine where I am originally from. We do get proper seasons over there.  With cold  snowy winters and very hot summers. We were lucky with the weather; +25+28C,  bcs only a week after, they had a week from hell with temperature +35 - +37C during the day and +29 at night.

AnnaBre, where abouts are you in southern hemisphere? We, in UK, this summer time are having usual +15 together with good portion of rain😠.

Ssltw,  glad that your home health visit went well! It does lift spirits when even strangers are happy and enthusiastic for you 😊  and no judgements. ..
    I did not realise future mothers get home visit Before the actual birth. What exactly are they looking/checking for?

AFM,  thanksfully,  still feeling fine. Only occasional calf cramps. But it looks I am not the only one so nothing to worry about. Got loads of movements which is very nice and reassuring. Booked my whooping cough jab for next Monday,  managed to book my parenting classes (Though i am going to be 34 wks.  Seems a bit too close for comfort). Nurse said it is only one 3,5 hrs class in the morning. Is it correct? I was thinking it should be more... But it does not include breastfeeding 2,5 hrs class. (Was told that no men are allowed on this one😈. My DH was very disappointed😭😆).  Does everyone else getting similar amount of hours and that late in pregnancy?

Wow,  again sorry ladies for my gigantic post. Feeling talkative today ::).

Have a Good weekend wherever you are!

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #957 on: 17/07/15, 16:16 »
    Turia, sorry to hear about your gallstones, hope you manage to get things sorted soon  ^hugme^

Kb, we really enjoyed it and got some great photos. Really sweet. I wish I could attach photos on here but it doesn't seem possible?
    I must admit, the more I kept looking into low lying placenta, the more I came to terms with the possibility of having a C-section. And in a way, if you are only given one option, there is less to worry about if that makes sense? And I kind of liked the idea of having a set date? I think that's the planner in me  ;D but I was still happy when they said it had moved  :)
    Re. antenatal, it really varies from area to area. They don't actually do a parenting class down here. They only have three antenatal classes - breastfeeding, physio and baby first aid. The breastfeeding one (which DH came to) lasted about 1.5hrs. I am still waiting for confirmation back from the hospital on a date for the physio class (they recommend it take place prior to 34wks, but given that's Sunday it's clearly not going to happen that way!). Baby first aid we may take early August to keep it fresh in our minds, albeit we did have a 15min class on baby resuscitation at the baby show we went to.

Offline wing and a prayer

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #958 on: 17/07/15, 18:22 »
    Hi all

Glad everyone is doing ok!  I too am waddling along!  baby weighed in at 4.4lbs on monday - our 32 week scan.  Apparently thats not small and not big! Back in 3 weeks for another.  Im not in the UK and seem to get lots of scans.  I have to have a vaginal and rectal "swab test" for a certain infection at the next appointment too!  Sounds lovely doesnt it! but it could save bubbas life if I have whatever this infection is (apparently they dont test in the UK but do here!)  I had never heard of it before but not complaining they are being vigilent for once!!  have appointment with anesthnetist (sp?) too as its assumed epidural will be happening (again locally here in Spain its epi or nothing!)  Im just going with it and have gotten over the whole having/wanting a birth plan thing now as I will just be happy to have a healthy baby regardless how it pops out!!   Ive been seeing an english midwife privately and we have had sessions on BF, pain relief and breathing so far.  Its been pretty helpful so would recommend it. Although Im sure I have forgotten most of it.  Felt like a bit of a d**k practicing the breathing though!

Lots of leg cramps, a few braxton hicks too now and generally suffering with the heat here!  Other than that all good!

Trina - sorry to hear about the gallstones  >:(
    Melissamummy - hope you are ok too now?

Hi to everyone xxxx

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #959 on: 17/07/15, 19:51 »
    Wing and prayer i think its group  b strep  yes they don't  always check over here kb there is classes  near me but all full yes with the gallstones  got to wait to after the baby going hospital  next week i might be having c section  wolfy one turia thanks for the info i no the pain is so bad but dont like taking the painkillers  they gave me as makes baby  sleepy