* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112299 times)

0 Members

Offline cat64

modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #960 on: 17/07/15, 21:06 »
Wow ladies - we are seriously progressing arnt we! Getting quite real now. Sorry to hear some ladies having some niggles.

Well ive done the birth plan with the consultant midwife - was given a speech (about statistics and journals written back in 2012) about the benefits of being midwife led. Well, that didn't really wash with me (I'm not shy at saying no haha).

I actually feel good aside from getting cramps but they soon go. Husband is away for 2 weeks so I'm praying our little one doesn't make a surprise appearance. Please stay where you are!!

:)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline purplepeak

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #961 on: 18/07/15, 15:17 »
    Hi Ladies,

Flygirl I'm on clexane (for genetic thrombophilia - Factor V Leiden). I chose Sanatogen mum to be. They don't have any vit K.  I get them from Boots online.

Turia, I'm sorry you're in pain. That doesn't sound good. Take care of yourself.

Hi to everyone else!

PX

Offline KateBoothby

• Iszi our little miracle
    modify
    « Reply #962 on: 19/07/15, 09:35 »
    Hi all, I wouldn't worry too much about sizes I measured correctly for the midwifed measurements and at 36 weeks scan my daughter was estimated at 5lb 6 she's was born at 38+3 naturally weighing 5lb 10. It's all guess work :) sorry about all the blood and waddling. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend x

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #963 on: 19/07/15, 21:37 »
    Evening ladies, hope you've all had a good weekend.

Flygirl, that's a good tip for paracetamol during labour - if you can keep any tablets down! I tried 2 lots of paracetamol and 1 lot of co-codamol during labour with my daughter but all just came straight back up! Glad your little lady is growing well  :)

Cat fingers crossed your little one stays snuggled in for now!!

Wing, sounds like strep B swabs. Not taken very often here in the UK, even for women who have had it in the past! Seems a bit daft, and I read an article only last week where medical professionals would like it to be a routine swab for all pregnant ladies here. And I'm ok now thabks for asking, no more bleeding down there, just from my blasted nose!

Wolfy glad you had a good photoshoot!

Kb77, I can wear a little perfume but I literally have to hold my breath as I spray it and then leave the room instantly! And I still mostly sneeze until it's completely dry on my skin! Stupid nose I have!! My 4D scan was amazing thanks, was lovely to get a photo of baby smiling!!  :)  it is completely normal to be scared of labour especially if it's not something you've done before. Just try to remember that the professionals will do whatever is best for baby - they won't give you any drugs that would harm the baby and they'll monitor you both constantly during labour and jump in with intervention if needed. While pushing my daughter out, the midwife listened to baby's heartbeat after every push to check she was happy and calm, which was really comforting. They would never leave your baby distressed just to force you through a natural labour  :)
    With regards to classes, it's all down to your area. Seems to me, a lot of areas including mine like to just do a 1-day class to get it 'out of the way'. I've heard this is also due to areas that do several short classes over a few weeks having so many ladies not attending all of the classes and therefore spaces are wasted. They still run over the same info so don't worry. And yes my area is the same - men going to the breastfeeding workshops are frowned upon because it makes the other women feel uncomfortable or self-conscious having an unknown man in the room. Hopefully you can have a female family member/friend attend with you?

I hope I've not missed anyone. Hope you're all a bit more comfy than me - seem to have something persistently wedgingin my ribs and just under my boobs, and it's making it extremely difficult to get off the sofa or drive comfortably as I can't lean forward or sit upright. I'm wondering how I can keep growing and getting around for another 11 weeks?!! Xxx

Offline purplepeak

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #964 on: 20/07/15, 09:17 »
    Morning ladies,

I have a first-timer's question: what do you think is good to wear for labour?

I want to have an active birth if circumstances allow, i.e. move around, get on all fours, squat etc. Usually if I were doing yoga poses, I would want pyjamas rather than nightie but presumably 'access' is required even during first stage. And I guess if I were going to do yoga in my nightwear I'd usually want some kind of light breast support. But maybe breast support feels uncomfy during contractions? And maybe inhibitions go out of the window and I'll just want to be naked while waving my butt at the world?

What do you think? Any tips gratefully received!

PX

Offline SarahEJC

modify
    « Reply #965 on: 20/07/15, 09:57 »
    As far as I can remember nighties are preferred so the midwife can easily get 'access' to you! However all my inhibitions flew out the window and having been in the water bath I would have happily stayed naked! I had to be moved from the birth centre to the labour ward - just a very short walk and I had to be reminded to put on a gown! I think I stayed in the gown until after delivery and a visit to theatre. I'm sure others will share their views but I think to with what is comfortable for you. One thing though is to have stuff that you don't mind potentially just throwing away as it's a messy business - both during and after! In fact you are quite closely checked for bleeding after delivery so nighties are useful post natally too. If you want to do skin to skin you might want to think about a very loose top so the baby can be popped underneath...if you're still wearing something at that point!
    In terms of bump sizes I think both the fundal measurement and even scans are notoriously inaccurate! There is no fundal scale for twins so my midwife is plotting them on the standard chart just to see and at 28 weeks I'm measuring nearly 34!!!!

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #966 on: 20/07/15, 11:15 »
    Hi Purple, it is mostly down to whatever you feel comfortable in. I felt most comfortable in a nightie as it would have annoyed me having to constantly remove pj bottoms or something for their endless checks! I happily stayed in a top & leggings until my waters went when I was 4cm dilated (I was glad to be wearing leggings so it didn't go everywhere!) But I then changed into a nightie for comfort as the contractions picked up so they checked my cervix more often. Soon as my daughter was born, I whipped off the nightie and snuggled under the bedsheet to have my daughter skin-to-skin for a few hours. I would definitely suggest a nightie, as when you're pushing it's nice that you can pull it down in between pushes to have a bit of privacy but still allow your midwife to see what is happening with each push  :)  I can't actually remember if I was wearing a bra - I think for maximum comfort I took off all underwear so I just had the nightie on xx

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #967 on: 20/07/15, 12:03 »
    Hi ladies ive just packed a cheap nightie  from primark for the birth and can chuck it afterwards

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #968 on: 20/07/15, 12:48 »
    Trina I meant to say that's where I got mine from too. Lovely and comfy, and cheap. I actually didn't make a mess of mine (somehow!) so haven't needed to buy any more this time round  :)

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #969 on: 20/07/15, 13:26 »
    Hi ladies,

Picking up on the attire for labour, I have gone for the same option - nightdress from Primark!!  Bargain!!  Hubby actually thought they were quite nice!!  Plus alos bought a light dressing gown type thing so if I do want to walk around and a bit further than the room, I will feel a little more comfortable.  I think the midwife at our class said nightdresses were better so they can check you easily without having the rigmerole of taking clothes off.  And anything is better than a hospital gown!! 

All good from my end.  Bump is getting bigger by the day now I think.  Girls on my team think I have got bigger just over the weekend!!  I am seriously starting to wonder if I can stretch anymore to allow baby to grow!!  I will be a heffer by the end!!  Have only got the pram and the cot to be delivered to my Mum's house and then we are literally just waiting for baby to arrive.

Had my first very strong set of Braxton Hicks contractions today.  Weren't too bad (just felt like really bad period pain low down in my belly and the tops of my legs) but have a feeling now I know what they are, going to notice them even more and get stronger.

Hope you have a good day ladies!!

:) ;D ;D :)