* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 112303 times)

0 Members

Offline KateBoothby

• Iszi our little miracle
modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #970 on: 20/07/15, 16:07 »
mrshayleycarpenter - Interesting on your braxton hicks! I have had them since 13 weeks (20 with my first) and my stomach just goes all hard - it doesn't hurt by itself unless full bladder or trying to move but it takes my breath away sometime (guess pressing on my rib cage). I didn't have any with period type pain until 48 hours before I gave birth......

I can't even remember what I wore last time  ^idiot^ I remember being nearly naked at some point and not caring. I had a home birth so I guess its different. Frugi do some lovely nursing pjs www.welovefrugi.co.uk recommend them very very soft (the children's clothes are lush too).

Anyone started with the raspberry leaf tea capsules yet? Im nervous about starting x

/links

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #971 on: 20/07/15, 16:31 »
    Hi Kate - I have been having loads of tightening pains for weeks and they have never caused me a problem.  They were also picked up on a CTG as I went in to see the midwife as an emergency (baby had suddenly had reduction in movement and freaked me out).  She asked me then if I could feel them and if they hurt.  Said I had felt them for ages but never had any pain.

These were slightly different though - these were pains which I normally get when I am about a day/2 days before my period normally starts.  They hung around for about 10 mins this morning, and they were there again this afternoon.  I am guessing it is Braxton Hick's but only going on what I have read on all the baby websites/books.

Baby's movements have changed slightly - it's more wriggling around now rather than anything else.  Still just as active though!!  Poor little mite has run out of room already!!

;D ;D

Offline SarahEJC

modify
    « Reply #972 on: 20/07/15, 18:07 »
    I've had BH this time too for th last couple of weeks. I didn't have any first time round. I find my tummy goes absolutely rock solid and whilst there is no pain at all it can be uncomfortable standing up - that might be partly due to my massive tummy though!
    One handy tip I was given last time was to buy some cheap granny pants from the supermarket in a size or two larger than normal to wear after you've had the baby. They can then be happily binned after you've worn them!

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #973 on: 20/07/15, 18:44 »
    I've also bought nighties from primark, and some black granny pants! I'm hoping for a water birth though, so also need something for the water.
    No Braxton hicks for me so far, though it's interesting to hear what to look out for.

AFM - I had my 34 wk appointment today, which was with my GP - in my area they schedule this one with GP instead of midwife, not sure why. Anyway, it was actually really nice as we went back to the same GP who originally referred us for fertility testing, she was so pleased for us. All was well with baby, nice strong heartbeat and still head down. Bump measurement was 31, but she didn't plot it on the graph so I'm hoping that's ok, she didn't say otherwise. Little one currently has hiccups!

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #974 on: 20/07/15, 19:17 »
    Ive packed two bags one for birth and one for after if i have to stay in ive bought a little fan of amazon and you can put water in it to to spary you ive packed paper underwaer and a pack of granny pants in case of c section  in taking pjs for afterwards cos of bleeding dont forget your shower  towels ladies as hospitals  dont give you one also taking starter  pack of bottles and teats just in case as my hospital  only has sma

Offline WolfyOne

modify
    « Reply #975 on: 20/07/15, 19:26 »
    Interesting to hear about the BH, none for me that I've been aware of. Had the whooping jab finally today and 34wk appt tomorrow. Bag almost packed apart from maternity clothes (just because I'm wearing them each week), wash bits and extra snacks.

How have you ladies found eating? Are you sticking to just 200-300 cals extra than pre-pregnancy? I guess I'm feeling guilty for worrying I'm constantly going over this figure. I normally have a big bowl of cereal for brekkie, during the day I have homemade pasta salad, cereal bar twin pack, and either a banana and pear or a pack of crisps. In the evening I have dinner (normally pretty healthy, although one night a week we have pizza or a takeaway) but then have a yogurt and often an ice cream or other snack. I feel like I'm going really overboard but can't help myself! I have completely lost the "full" sensation! I guess I'm worried about how much weight I will have to lose afterwards, perhaps 10lb plus in exercise?

Offline ssltw

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #976 on: 20/07/15, 19:38 »
    Wolfy - I could've written that myself re: food! Even down to what you're eating  :) I think that as long as you're mostly eating healthily then a few treats here and there won't hurt. In trying not to go overboard though and have instructed my OH to be my will power lol!
    I've always had a problem with this mysterious 'full' feeling, even pre-pregnancy I just seem to be lacking it  ;D

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
    « Reply #977 on: 20/07/15, 22:14 »
    Bags packed and all ready for all 3 of us!!  Hubby likes to be prepared!!   ;D ;D

Have also gone for the cheap knickers from Primark too.  Not the sexiest of underwear but it won't be for long....I hope!!

Cot and pram being delivered on Wednesday to my Mum's so we are officially all done and ready.  Getting even more excited now!!

:) ;D ;D :)

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #978 on: 21/07/15, 11:00 »
    Mrs HC glad to hear you're all set! How exciting! I've bought a few more bright but neutral babygrows so I really don't need anything else for baby. Have finished buying decorative bits for my daughter's bedroom when she's turfed out of the nursery! So least I haven't got to worry about shopping for her bedroom with a 2 month old around Xmas time  :)

Flygirl, I've had a terrible weakness for chocolate for the last couple of months! But my appetite for other food and actual meals has dwindled, so luckily I'm not gaining much weight even with all the choc!

Wolfy I wouldn't worry about calorie counting. If you do gain a good amount of weight, just focus on losing it after baby is here, rather than restrict yourself from eatingso much and end up feeling hungry.

Trina my hospital and many others have changed their guidelines so from April this year they only provide the first bottle if you're bottlefeeding. So I've bought 2 boxes of starter pack ready made bottles to take which should be enough for 1.5 days.

I'm planning on having a water birth if possible but haven't really planned what to wear in the pool. Will probably just have a bra on. Don't see the point in having anything on under the water!

Sorry to hear about those having lots of braxton hicks. I don't think I had a single one with my daughter so I don't know what they're like. Hope not to have them this time either or I'll go into a panic thinking it's early labour!

Well I've come out today in a full blown cold so feeling very tired running around after my toddler. Will have to cancel my whooping cough jab tomorrow as they won't do it if you're poorly - I was looking forward to getting it done and ticked off the list  :( trying to get as much rest as I can to get better quickly, as I was feeling tired enougj and needing a daily nap before coming down with this bug, so I'm feeling quite sorry for myself!!

Offline trina123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #979 on: 21/07/15, 11:15 »
    Melissamummy do you think i should buy two then i thought one should last