* Author Topic: "Fit For Pregnancy" Certificate  (Read 1163 times)

0 Members

Offline chooshoos

• Gold Member
  • unfashionably late to the party
modify
"Fit For Pregnancy" Certificate
« on: 9/02/15, 10:48 »
Hello Ladies!
I hope everyone else enjoyed a beautiful weekend - amazing weather.

So, our clinic GEST has requested a 'fit for pregnancy' certifcate from a doctor saying viz blood pressure and blood sugar I am fit and well to get pregnant. Has anyone else had to provide this? and anyone else had to go about it anywhere but their usual doctor?

I moved to Paris from Milan and before that Dubai and havent had a doctor for the last 15 or so years, so nobody really has a medical history for me, I tried to contact a walk in clinic in London as I was there this weekend but no joy. I asked the clinic in Prague if there was a local doc who could do it, but apparently just once a week at 10 to 3 sort of thing........ so I am at a little bit of a loss.

If anyone knows Paris, you'll know even getting an English speaking doc, and then an appointment is super tricky, so I would love some advice on any alternatives if you have them!

Thanks so much
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 9/02/15, 13:01 »
    Gosh thats a first  ^idiot^ only thing I can think is a private hospital who could give you a quick check-up, there are some satelite fertility clinics in UK who monitor ladies for clinics abroad maybe have a google if similar one near you in Paris  x

Offline chooshoos

• Gold Member
    • unfashionably late to the party
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 9/02/15, 13:12 »
    thanks Mels and Blondie!

I might just do that, look in to a satalite IVF or BUPA in central london, and make a quickie trip to UK again - probably get in and out in a day.

It often occurs to me while navigating the next set of new hoops to jump through, how on earth is possible to get unexpectedly pregnant after a tipsy night on the wine on the sofa back at home!?

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 9/02/15, 13:16 »
    Haha I know the things we take for granted in life x ps hope you find something in Paris seems bit crazy in this day and age not to be able to get a check up so easily

Offline bumpylady

• Gold Member
    • The hardest journeys lead to the best destinations
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 9/02/15, 13:24 »
    I had to do this before starting treatment. We were all set to go with AF arriving in 2 days when the clinic noticed I had heart surgery as a child, he said I had to get a letter stating I was fit for IVF and to carry. Had to rush around getting this and scan and email it to them

Offline alexandra2008

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 15/02/15, 23:16 »
    Hi Ladies
    Bampylady
    Where did you get the certificate? I dnt think my GP will be of any help.
    Thanx
    Alex xx

Offline bumpylady

• Gold Member
    • The hardest journeys lead to the best destinations
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 16/02/15, 08:14 »
    My GP, I had 2 days to start my cycle so wouldn't have had time to see the consultant.