* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 45323 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #10 on: 12/03/15, 09:35 »
Morning all

I have been lurking but not posting while we have been making a decision. We had said that the last time was the final attempt but knowing that vial of sperm was there was tempting me and then my husband broached the subject a couple of weeks ago.  He had always said that the money was the issue but we had some money earmarked for house improvements some of which are now not going to happen (I'm happy to live in a hovel if necessary) so we're back again for a final attempt.   My emotions are all over the place but overall I am relieved that we can do this one more time as I would love a sibling for our lovely daughter. 

So now it is all a rush to get to transfer before my current tests start to expire at the end of May.  My GP is not particularly helpful and I don't think really approves of this so does the bare minimum and I get the feeling he wouldn't approve the blood tests for a third time.  He has rather grudgingly done the paper work for a progesterone blood test as I have not had a period since December.  This means I will take the pill and have the decapeptyl on day 17 of the pill and then a lining scan once I have been on the  patches for 14 days.  So slightly different to last time which makes me feel better in some way.  Anyway - deep breath and here we go.  ;D

Jo - glad to hear your pregnancy is progressing well.  It is so hard to believe isn't it.  I still have that feeling even thought my LO just turned 2.  July will be here soon enough.

Sam - hope you're still ok and that your period has been and gone so you can feel you're back on track. 

Kiwi - good for you.  We like Eugin and have found them to be professional rather than chummy which really suits us.  Their communication can be a little slow sometimes but I have always found their responses comprehensive and considered.  And we have a daughter thanks to Eugin so I will always feel good about the place.

Baubles - how are you?  I'm really hoping the silence doesn't mean bad news.  Big hugs either way  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ It would be good to hear from you.

Morag
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #11 on: 14/03/15, 13:34 »
    Hi,
    I am from Barcelona but have been living in the Uk for the last 12 years. We have lost 3 baby's due to genetic problems and my egg count is also low.
    Price for egg donor program here in UK is about 8500 and it would not be easy to match me here being Mediterranean skin type, brown hair and having brown eyes.
    We are also considering going to Barcelona in the next two months as we can stay with my mum while having treatment.
    We have looked online at the Dexeus, IvI, instituto Marques and EUGIN.
    All these seem to have a very good reputation, no waiting list and all do egg donation with a lot of experience and great results.

I would be very greatful to see if anyone has used these, what their over all experience was and the total cost excluding flights and hotel.

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #12 on: 16/03/15, 10:07 »
    Hi Morag,

Good for you, who needs house improvements anyway!! Glad to hear your going to try again. So do they find another egg donor and does this mean a fresh transfer or do you take frozen eggs and do it to suit your timings?

Jo - hope your OK hun x

Welcome to the group Donnerprinz, my overall experience with the Eugin clinic is great, they are professional and confident, the communication can be a little slow but that said they have been very good with me when i have needed them. I cant remember what the exact cost was, it has all moulded into one really but i can dig it out for you. They will send you a quote though and i found them cheaper than some of the other clinics.

Well I have had my first period exactly a month since my D&C, so I am very happy and excited about the future.

The clinic need me to have 2 periods before they will let me start treatment to receive my 3 frosties so i am counting down the days!! now that i have had this period i hope this is telling the clinic more about dates, i have emailed them and waiting for a response. Would really like the transfer before the middle of May if possible. I have done some research and this time i will be having an 'endo scratch' (Morag you may want to look at this) and i will be taking Aspirin.

Take care all,

Sam
    x

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #13 on: 16/03/15, 13:24 »
    Hi Kayne and Able,

Thanks you for the reply, i am secretly getting very exciting about the journey we are soon to embark although a little sacred too, it think its more to the disappointments and losses we have had that i am a little scared more than anything else really.

It would be great if you could dig out what it cost you and the test that you had to have in place. We have had a lot of the tests done via the NHS as we applied for IVF here and still waiting...we just never hear anything and we are tired of chasing this around as we never get anything back. I wonder that if we have the tests already if they will accept them or asks us to have to have everything done again?

Do we just get to know the donors height, eye , hair color and age or anything else to?

Sorry for all the questions  :)

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #14 on: 19/03/15, 07:36 »
    Hi Donnerprinz,

no problem i will dig out all the information for you at the weekend.

^hugme^
    Sam
    x

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #15 on: 19/03/15, 14:23 »
    Hi all

Donnerporinz - I replied to you on another thread earlier but follow this one as well as I am at Eugin.

They should give you a cost and list of tests required before paying any money - we certainly got all of that before we signed up.  If the tests are still within date (usually 1 - 2 years depending on tests) then they do not require you to re-do them.  We are now in a bit of a rush as we weren't going to have another attempt but then decided to but don't want to re-do any tests so we will have ET before May 27.

My current quote is 5292 Euro plus 1500 Euro for the donors drugsg (you can purchase these yourself and save some money if you want) plus about 300 for my drugs and travel costs.  We spent just under 7,000 in November for our last attempt but have some drugs left for this go.

You get very minimal info about the donor - age and blood type is all I was given both time.  I think in the case of some criminal proceedings or serious illness in the child they will disclose more.  All I know is that my 2 year old daughter has my colouring and takes after my husband in looks so far - and the other thing I know is that she is our daughter and we rarely think about the donor egg at all  :)  For me after being pregnant with her and giving birth to her she is 100% my daughter (and my husbands of course  ;D ;D)

Let me know if I can help in any other way

Sam - hi it's nice to be back (although success in November would have been better).  They will find us another donor although we will use frozen eggs again as it is easier to organise, my husband has a joinery business with several large deadlines coming up which he can juggle around known dates, plus I only work 2 days a week so I can go without taking any holiday which makes it all easier.  It looks like we may be there at about the same time ^pray^

Morag

Morag

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #16 on: 20/03/15, 13:15 »
    Hi Morag,

Thank you so so much for the info.

Did you mean total of 7000 and not ?  ::)

Most of our testing was done via the NHS in April/May last year so hopefully they will accept them all.
    I am going to call them at the end of this month and arrange an appointment for a first April hopefully and see where it takes us from there.

My first appointment at the Dexeus should be free as i have been there before for my gynecologist check ups when i lived in Barcelona when i was 18, so if you are an existing client they state that the first fertility appointment is free. So see if this is true as i will also call then at the end of March.

I would like it to all be in place soon of what we are doing and take advantage of the exchange to the   ;D

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #17 on: 1/04/15, 13:26 »
    So we are going to call EUGIN tonight once we are back home as they are open until 21h
    A family friend who is a gynecologist in Barcelona has a friend who works there Dr. Ricardo Vidal.
    Has anyone of your ladies had him?

My friend said to get in touch with him so going to do just that tonight. Hoping to be able to book an appointment tonight and then our flights :)

I am feeling, happy, scared, nervous...and for the first time i have some hope back in my life too.

Our fiends office is right in front of Eugin clinic too which is quite handy for us.

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #18 on: 3/04/15, 15:33 »
    Hello & happy easter to everyone,

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Did you manage to speak to someone at Eugin Donnerprinz?   

I had my depaceptyl jab last night and my lovely DH did it for me as I couldn't find anyone else to do it this time which was a bit frustrating.  Our local NHS drop in clinic did it the first time & my GP's surgery did the 2nd but both refused this time as did 2 private GP clinics so my DH Googled & you tubed & did a great job ☺ My GP used to be great but I don't think he really approves of us trying for a sibling.  He has 3 children & I really feel like asking him why he didn't stop after the first one if he thinks it's so wrong to want siblings but I stop myself (just) as I need to try & keep him onside.  I used to call on his day off & ask for another gp who was really supportive but he's now left the surgery as he didn't like the way it was heading and of course they won't tell you where he's gone.  Anyway it's done & now the wait for AF begins so fingers crossed it won't take too long,  but I haven't had a period since December so who knows?

Love & lots of chocolate to all
    Morag

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #19 on: 3/04/15, 17:13 »
    Hi everyone,

Not been on for a while, just been sooooo busy.....happy easter to everyone, I gave up chocolate for lent so i am going to enjoy my eggs more than most!! I am not religious but wanted to shake a few pounds!!

Donnerprinz so very excited for you, very happy and positive time, that first visit fills you with confidence, have you got a date yet? did you get your Dr Vidal?

I have a lovely french doctor who wears amazing shoes! she is wonderful

Just to confirm what Moragob said re the price, you will have your quote by now but my cost was the same as Moragob. I had all of my blood tests done by my GP who is wonderful, the only the cost i had was my MAMOGRAM which i needed as i was over 45. I had this done in Barcelona as it was half the price of doing it in the UK.

Moragob,
    lovely to hear that you are trying again i am so excited for you. Your GP sounds like he is not being supportive, what a terrbible shame people have no idea how this is already a difficult journey you would like to think they would help where they can! I am so glad your hubby did you injection! we were having the very same conversation this morning, my hubby used to inject me every night with Gestone and I am sure he could do it for me.
    We have a bit of a dilemma, I had my period exactly a month after my D&C i contacted EUGIN and they said I had to have another period before we could start again preparing for our frozen embryo transfer. The problem is we are going on holiday 15th May for 3 weeks!!! its my hubby's big birthday and i wanted to have the transfer before we go but it is not going to be possible! That will mean us having the transfer after we get back, but when i look at the dates i can see that we will be on holiday when we need the DECAP injection! Nowi i have read your post i will be more than happy that he does it.

I hope that you get your period soon, then you start the patches don't you? for about 2 weeks? who decides on the date of the transfer do you decide? Will you have a scan on your lining before you go?
    Did you use the chemist in London that you recommended for me to get your drugs? Sorry so many questions. It feels like i have been waiting forever since the miscarriage.

To everyone else i hope everything is OK Jo how are you?

Clare i think about you often x