* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 45322 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #100 on: 13/07/15, 22:10 »
Hi everyone

Donor drugs; yes you pay when using frozen.  We just paid Eugin each time - the first time because the exchange rate was such that it wasn't really worth the hassle.  Then I think it as a bit difficult to get a 'wet' prescription and there was difficulty in transporting one item (we were told it needed to be kept refrigerated) and because we got lazy.

Morag

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #101 on: 15/07/15, 21:48 »
    Hi everyone

I took you advice Sam and phoned Eugin last Friday as I hadn't had straight answer and that was the day patches were due to be changed so I needed to know. Anna didn't phone me back it was someone else but put my mind at rest I had to apply one 50 mcg for 3 days then another 50 mcg then stop altogether and one 200mg pessary each night for 7 days that also finishes tomorrow.

The doctor also said it was fine to insert them vaginally and not take them orally which I was relieved about as they are quite big and most tablets are broken down in the liver which I try to avoid if I can.

As soon as I get period I'm to start 2 patches again .... I have my scan booked Sunday 2nd August then wait to hear after that when to go over for transfer ... It will either be around 7th or 14th August.

I had my ECG last Friday at my doctors as Eugin told me this test had actually expired ... It was all fine so I posted it to Eugin .

Thanks for all your replies about Donor drugs ... Think I might pay when I'm at the clinic rather than get them from UK ... I know Ali's chemist is very good and cheaper but it just seems more hassle at the end of the day.

Hope all is well with everyone ..... Brilliant news Sam you going over 31st July ... Fingers crossed for you and positive vibes xx

Chat again soon ... Bye 4 now

Kitten xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #102 on: 17/07/15, 22:14 »
    Hi all,

Sorry have been a bit quiet lately. Haven't been up to coming on here. Not fertility related, my mom's friend is Suzy Evans who lost 3 members of her family, her 19 year old son, her brother & her dad in the Tunisia terror attacks. Been awful as heard all the details as her other 16 year old son survived, but witnessed the most horrendous events & saw his family killed. I drove mom to the funeral today which was very emotional. Not sure how you ever get over something like that, losing half your family.

On top of that I had a scan 29th June at 34 weeks. They said my baby hadn't grown as much as previous growth, but was still within 'normal range' but they've booked me back in for another scan on Monday next week when i'll be 37 weeks to check the growth & assess me. This has obviously worried me as all I've been able to go on for last 2 weeks are my baby's movements that everything is still ok. Doesn't seem to matter how far you come on this journey it's still a rollercoaster of worry & emotion!

Kitten - Another option for the Donor drugs is to get them from the Chemist in Barcelona. I did this as there are chemists all over Barcelona. I used one near to my hotel, gave prescription in day I arrived in Barcelona then collected drugs on the way to Eugin the next day. Think I saved around 100 than paying Eugin.

Sam - 31st July will soon be here for you! Exciting

Hope everyone else is doing well & you all have a great weekend

Jo xx

Offline kiwichick10

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #103 on: 20/07/15, 20:04 »

Hi all,

so much to catch up on.

Sam- a 'wet' signature is a legal requirement for a prescription to be filled in the UK. If Eugin cannot provide because it's for a yet not determined donor it may be easier to fill in Barcelona.

Jo - gosh indeed, sounds like a tough time. Easier to say than do but try not to fret we all grew in fits and starts, within normal should be your focus.

Morag - pleased the scan went well. I understand your frustration with the NHS but predominately the issues of organisation and scheduling are completely out of the hands of the clinicians. My advice is always take a book and always expect to be delayed...it makes it easier.

AFM: Sorry I haven't been on for a while but somehow I was afraid it might somehow jinx things.  I know it's a bit different as I am not using a doner, but as a few of you are asking about number of eggs they retrieved 9 from me.  We were very happy with that, so I'm sure they would stimulate me more next time.  We had only three survive which was a little tough, they implanted two and have frozen one. So the news we just got was my first blood test after 2ww.

And...... it looks good, I know it's early days but wow...I mean WOW.  Poor DH had been through so much with previous partner (14 attempts) and this is the first positive he has ever had.

Eugin were good, certainly much better than my previous experience.   I got there for my retrieval and never contemplated DH didn't get to come with me.  I was fine until the relaxant and then I started crying but honestly, the anaesthetist was so calm and reassuring. The other theatre staff were so reassuring as well..genuinely I was so calm after my one moment.

The computers went down, not long after that and it clearly caused lots of problems as it would.  They did not release me from recovery for what seemed like ages (but I had no way to tell time). By the time I got back DH in waiting room, it was 3.5hours later. The worst was I had offered to hold his wallet, passport, hotel key, etc. earlier in day so all were in my bag, so he was stuck with no money, on freakishly hot day and no one could tell him where I was. But for right now I'm just hoping it's a great story to share with whoever may come along.

Hope you are all well and keeping in good spirits.

A very hopeful and thankful Kiwi

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #104 on: 22/07/15, 21:43 »
    Hello everyone,

Sorry I have not been about, i have been working hard, training hard, does anyone else find these patches cause water retention, my tummy seems to be huge!!! a sign of things to come I hope  ^reiki^

Kitten - have you had your period yet? good luck for the 2nd August scan it will be here in no time x

Jo - so very sad to read your post, your poor mum and that poor lady no words can express how devastating that be. Absolutely horrendous.
    I agree focus on the 'normal range' how did your scan go on Monday?

Kiwichick - OMG WOW!!!!!! this is amazing  ;D ;D ;D have you had your second blood test yet? Gosh 9 eggs were good well done. This is fabulous news, so much success on here its brilliant.

AFM - We are preparing for next weekend. I hadn't heard anything from the clinic again for a while so emailed Anna today, she confirmed that they have a donor and we are all set for next weekend, she said  that on Thursday 30th July they have scheduled my  donor's eggs to be thawed. Then they will fertilise them, they already have hubby's swimmers. ::)

They will ring me that day to  confirm that the procedure has gone well and that i should start my pessaries.

On the Friday 31st July they will call us again and confirm the fertilization results and the date/time of our transfer on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on the embryos' development. Sat will be day 2 and Sun will be day 3.

So i emailed Anna again and asked how many eggs the donor had donated for me, she replied that I will not be told this information until the Friday when they tell me how many have fertilized, at the same time they will tell me how many were donated.....I just don't get that?? why cant i know how many eggs have been donated and frozen for me? ^eyes^ ^eyes^

Anyway I don't think i am going to get the answers so i should just not get hung up on it, I will concentrate on the success that I am just about to experience. I am taking my baby aspirin and doing everything how i should, i am also having acupuncture so all good, this is my time I can feel it.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

I have a scan booked for Monday just to check my lining so fingers crossed  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

hope everyone else is ok, keep posting xxxx

Offline kiwichick10

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #105 on: 24/07/15, 20:09 »
    Hi all,

Sam I actually kind of get the not telling you how many eggs....hubbie and I were both rather truly gutted to only have 3 fertilise out of 9. When we had been hopeful to get enough for a Frozen cycle or 2.   I suspect it is so you don't get your hopes up, as the odds on any one egg is not great.  And the last thing you need is non positive thoughts....Try to keep positive.

I had my second blood test and it had more than doubled in 2 days. I have my early scan booked before in two and a bit weeks.....To be honest it doesn't feel real. I gave up 8years ago. I know it's early days but whoa.

Kiwi

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #106 on: 27/07/15, 22:13 »
    Hi Everyone,

We are well and truly on our journey. I had a lining scan today and my lining is 11mm thick, I also have a 'tripple lining' so feeling very positive.
    We fly on Thursday x
     ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #107 on: 27/07/15, 23:51 »
    Hi Everyone,

Much better scan results last week. My baby has grown normally in last 3 weeks from previous scan. Quite relieved to hear this. They still aim to deliver before 40 weeks due to my age & IVF so.......................................

I now have a date!! If baby doesn't decide on his/her own date to be born before, I will be induced on Tuesday 4th August! Just 1 week to go!!

Sam - Good luck for your trip to Barcelona. Feeling very positive for you & sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Kiwi -Great to hear your news. Hope everything is continuing to go well for you.

Hope everything is going well for everyone else. Be great to hear from you all

Jo xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #108 on: 28/07/15, 09:26 »
    Hi

So good to hear such positive news from everyone.

Kiwi - truly fantastic news  ^banana^ ^banana^  IKWYM about not feeling real - I'm still struggling to believe at 15 weeks and 3 scans  ^idiot^  I am so so pleased for you and wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Joanne - wow 4th August how exciting. Best of luck

Sam - great news on the lining scan fingers crossed for the rest.

Love to all

Morag

Offline Evelyn1976

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #109 on: 28/07/15, 19:40 »
    Hi there
    Hope you don't mind if I join your chat, I've just come back from Spain where I had egg donation and my hcg levels have come back very low, so not successful. Hoping to go back again. Would be glad of any support with others,