* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 45195 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #130 on: 21/08/15, 07:36 »
Hi

It's lovely to finally have belly scans rather than the old dildo cam! 

We are not going to find out sex Beatrix, everything has been so known so we like to have something 'normal'  :)  And yes she does know, she has been at the scans and as we are telling others it seemed wrong not to tell her.  She is very sweet and kisses my tummy saying hello baby  and then peers into my belly button trying to see the baby. 

How are you Sam and every one else?

Morag

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #131 on: 25/08/15, 07:00 »
    Hi Everyone,

Beatrix its so lovely to hear your scans are good, i hope the discomfort from your ovaries gets better soon, it is so lovely to have the belly scan.
    My first scan should be this Friday but the clinic are fully booked so we are booked in for Saturday 5th September, i am a little nervous really. I have been quite poorly with a terrible migraine all weekend but it lifted yesterday and now i feel so much better....but that it was worries me! Still looking for confirmation from symptoms its really annoying. Why am i not being sick???  Will be better I am sure when the scan has been done.

Morag good luck today, another milestone for you! well done xxx

How is everyone else doing?
    xx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #132 on: 25/08/15, 20:16 »
    Hi everyone,
    So many good news on here lately, very good to hear it all.

We have finally got all the money together and spoken to EUGIN today.
    I am due my next period tomorrow and apparently I will need my injection 3 weeks after.
    I went to a pharmacy here in Scotland today too but they need my GP to write a prescription with the info that is on the Spanish prescription EUGIN did.
    Because in Scotland we get free prescriptions they are going to look into it to see if any of the things on the list can be subsidised ( not counting on anything) if not our coordinator will contact the farmacy that they deal with in London to get it sorted.
    What did all of you do regarding getting the drugs that are needed? Does the price vary?
    It's getting very exciting for us now if it all goes to plan we will be in Barcelona mid October   ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #133 on: 25/08/15, 21:26 »
    HI Donnerprinz

How exciting that you are starting soon, I wish you success.  Have you asked your GP if they can transcribe the prescription, mine won't but some apparently will.  I bought mine drugs from Ali's chemist in London and there is also Independant Pharmacy (or similar) who Eugin work with and recommend but I found Ali's prices better.  It is definitely worth getting a couple of prices

Ali's is [email protected] or tel 0207 790 150  Your co-ordinator at Eugin should be able to give you the contact details for the other chemist.

Sam - the worry just doesn't stop I'm afraid, but each scan and appt is another milestone reached and this pregnancy is so different from my last that there isn't even the reassurance of familiarity.  Try not to worry/obsess too much which is so much easier said than done I know. ^hugme^

AFM fab 20 week scan but anterior placenta which is why I haven't felt any movements.  Could have had a nicer or more chatty sonographer who also included my daughter in the conversation and pointed things out to her, there are some brilliant people out there.

Morag
    xx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #134 on: 26/08/15, 16:11 »
    HI everyone,

Donnerprinz I second what Morag said, the first time I needed drugs i went to ASDA who were cheap but would not split the prescription this made things difficult. Last time i went to Ali's they are just so so helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Morag when you had your pregnancy confirmed did you get your doctor to prescribe your Pessaries and Patches?
    This is a very exciting time for you Donnerprinz, anything you need to know just ask we are here to help and support you.
    Beatrix your news is wonderful I am sure your two little ones will grow big and strong, when is your next scan?
    Morag, great news on your 20 week scan, whats an anterior placenta? great that you had a wonderful stenographer good for you.

AFM I am 6 weeks tomorrow very moody and tired. Sore boobs but generally well, although people keep telling me i look flushed!

Its been a very difficult time  for me, My beautiful sister in law and close friend lost her battle with cancer yesterday and died, my brother had left her two years ago so she didn't have a significant other which makes it all more sad. She leaves behind my gorgeous 4 year old nephew, she was just 42. We were very close and were on holiday together just this time last year,it is so shocking although it has been a long journey, she fought colon cancer and beat it just to find out she had developed liver cancer, the last 4 weeks she has been in a hospice and we have been visiting her there. A very emotional time, my whole family are devastated and i am hiding this precious secret. One minute i feel so sad and the next i am feeling happy and grateful for what I prey is growing inside me. This is indeed the circle of life and i am so desperate to make this work in her memory  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^
    xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #135 on: 26/08/15, 16:26 »
    Oh Sam how difficult for you and what an horrific thing to have to deal with for you all.  And how awful for your little nephew.  Sending you lots and lots of virtual hugs  ^hugme^ 

An anterior placenta is when it is at the front of the uterus so any kicks are cushioned by the placenta instead of me feeling them.  Fairly common and doesn't cause any problems as long as it moves up as the baby grows.

My GP wouldn't help me at all with drugs but I got Ali to split the prescription so I had enough to get me to roughly the OTD and then ordered the remainder once I had a BFP.  The delivery charge was about 10 from memory and they arrive really quickly via Special delivery.

Keep strong and look after yourself

Morag
    xx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #136 on: 27/08/15, 20:15 »
    Hi girls,

Will Ali accept the presumption we get from our Dr in Spain?

Started my period today so I believe its in 3 weeks time I need to get the injection...
    This will be our only go at this so I can on,y hope that it works there are so many people I know where it has work I can only hope for the best. It's been a tough decision too to finally go with a donor.

We will go to Barcelona for 1 week as we can stay with my mum in Sitges which is nearby and have a little holiday at the same time 😊

Xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #137 on: 28/08/15, 16:45 »
    HI Donnerprinz  yes Ali will accept a Spanish prescription.  Good luck

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #138 on: 28/08/15, 20:31 »
    Thank you Morag, my GP what's 15 to transcribe the prescription and giving the injection which is fine but then they said that the pharmacy may ask for another surcharge??? Don't understand that they would add more on top of the drugs cost...

Will call Ali on Monday and the the one that EUGIN use and may also try Asdas as someone suggested that

X

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #139 on: 29/08/15, 09:02 »
    Ali will simply charge drugs and postage.  I think if you have a UK prescription then ASDA may be cheaper even with the GP surcharge.  Can't see why a chemist would charge you anything other than the cost of the drugs and postage if applicable.

Let us know how you get on.

Morag