* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 43574 times)

0 Members

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #150 on: 6/09/15, 10:58 »
Hi everyone,

Sorry don't get on here very much with feeds & nappy changes! So many updates to catch up on. So many positive threads. You've all been busy!!

OMG SAM!!! Amazing!! So happy for you. Take it easy & rest while you can. Sorry to hear you've had a rough time. Stay strong & your little twins will get you tthrough Tuesday.  Thinking of you xxx

Morag - well done, half way there! pleased your 20 week scan went well. You too rest while you can though I suspect its not easy with a little one around.

Beatrix - congratulations to you. Twins for you too!! Hope everything's going well. Rest while you can as won't get much when twins arrive.

Donnerprinz  - pleased to hear everything is moving forward for you. Be encouraged that things are so positive from this thread at the moment.  I'd recommend having 2 embryo transferred unless you're advised otherwise for health reasons.  I had 2 transferred & 1 detached 3 weeks later.  At the time I was devastated as thought lost the ppregnancy,  but thank ggoodness the other embryo was attached & now have a gorgeous 4 week old little boy

Kiwi - Hope everything continues to go well for your pregnancy.

Hope eeveryone else is ok & things are going well?

I was admitted back into hospital after being hhome for a week due to an Iinfection. Was discharged after 4 days on aan ivaantibiotic drip. Feeling much better now & Ben is doing well. CCan't believe he's 1 month old already!  Where does time go?

Love to all
Jo xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #151 on: 6/09/15, 14:25 »
    Just re-read my message. Seems my phone has given me a stutter ^idiot^

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #152 on: 7/09/15, 21:15 »
    Hi Ladies

Congratulations to you all ....Wonderful news.

AFM.....Got my refund from Eugin today!! No more dealing with them as they don't treat woman after 51 years of age and I was 51 on 17th August

I wish you all well on your journeys

Kitten xxxxxxx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #153 on: 10/09/15, 10:32 »
    Sam – wow twins.  It’s just so amazing seeing the heartbeat so can’t imagine how it must be to see 2.  Here’s to a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Donner – I’ve had 2 put back every time and have had 2 singleton pregnancies, I think the chances of twins is fairly low, maybe ask them for stats.   I seem to remember that they felt having 2 increased your chances reasonably significantly overall but if you really feel you couldn’t cope with twins then go for one only. 

Jo – lovely to hear from you, sorry that you ended up back in hospital but pleased all is going well for you.  The time really does fly by doesn’t it?  I look at Millicent with awe still and the 2 and a half years have just flown (which seems odd as this pregnancy is crawling by). 

Kitten – wishing you all the very best, do you have further plans and another clinic?

AFM we have just had a lovely 5 night break in France visiting my DHs father and wife.  And despite what everyone and especially the media tell you travelling with a baby or toddler is absolutely fine.  We first took her on a plane at 5 months and she has now been to Italy, Barcelona twice and France twice and every time has been fine, our experience is that people are really kind and helpful when you travel with little ones.  M just loved it and has come home exhausted after all her new experiences, she was so excited about going on a plane and then we went on 2 different boat trips and to a zoo as well as spending the last couple of days at the beach.  Toddlers just really know how to have fun and she ate out with us in the evenings so we all had a wonderful time and are looking forward to the next holiday.

Morag

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #154 on: 16/09/15, 19:40 »
    Hi Everyone,
    sorry been checking in here but not had time to post...either that or I fall asleep typing  ^idiot^

Donnerprinz, yes these will be my first children...just like buses all this time with none trying so hard then two come at once we are so so happy, How are you? did you do your Decap injection today? so now just waiting for your period and then everything starts...exciting times.
    I have always gone for 2 embryos to be transferred it must improve the chances lots of people have two transferred and get pregnant with one!

Beatrix, such wonderful news about your twins, I have thought about having another scan before the NHS one but my hubby says there is no reason to suspect anything is wrong so go with it.......its difficult though. It must have been amazing to see the feet and legs moving how wonderful, and emotional for you x

Kitten I am so sorry, after all you have been through, are you looking at another clinic? Don't give up hun x

Morag, lovely to hear from you that everything is progressing well. I agree about travel my husband and I travel a lot and we really don't expect that to change when the little ones come along...watch this space though huh ??? What is your due date Morag, do you hope to have a natural birth?

Jo lovely to hear you are doing well and enjoying your wonderful baby,  lovely also that you find time to come on here and support others x

Kiwi how are you doing?

AFM - I am a little nervous but feeling pregnant every day, my little symptoms are still kicking in and that makes me happy, I am all booked in with the midwife so now just waiting for my 12 week scan appointment to come through, cant come quick enough. I am exhausted most of the time but relaxing plenty. Tomorrow I am 9 weeks pregnant.........WOOOOOO HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #155 on: 16/09/15, 21:07 »
    Hi Kane,

Yes I had my decapathyl injection today.
    Some friends say I may go all hormonal? Has anyone else felt that?
    I so excited I know it's just an injection but we so hope this brings us that little miracle

Excellent to hear everything is progressing well for you

We have decided to go for the two embryos and if its two then the will be more than welcome 😍
    Hoping that we are lucky but it's the first ivf we are doing and going straight to donor due to all
    the losses we have had which all had a genetic problems.

X

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #156 on: 17/09/15, 09:30 »
    Morning all

Donner - how exciting the first step of this cycle.  I have heard that some people can have side effects but I have have 3 jabs and no side effects.  There was a thread on here recently asking about this and the majority of responses were no side effects.  We had 2 embryos each time and were lucky on our first attempt so it can happen  ;D

Sam - 9 weeks today wooooooohoooooo.  These weeks just go so slowly don't they?  And they are exhausting but when you think just what is going on it is not surprising especially with 2.    Are you waiting til the 12 week scan to share your news?

Hi to Beatrix, Jo, Kiwi (how are you?) and anyone else reading.

AFM:  23 weeks tomorrow and a definite bump. EDD is 15 Jan Sam and yes I hope to have a natural birth again.  I stared a pregnancy yoga class yesterday which was lovely and highly recommended.

Morag

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #157 on: 18/09/15, 08:28 »
    Morning all

Sorry to hear you have a cold Beatrix that is just miserable. How old is your son? Have you told him yet?  We told M after the 12 wk scan and she has recently started telling other people that Mummy has a baby in her tummy.  And this pg is totally different partly because I have a toddler to look after.

Morag

Offline BABYBEAN

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #158 on: 23/09/15, 10:04 »
    hello eugin girls

i hope you dont mind me posting in, have been lurking around for the past 6 months or so trying to decide what to do. i have a 2 year old DE little boy from a cycle at eugin, a daughter who is now 8 (naturally concieved) very very happy with life in general and my wonderful children.
    i have 5 frozen embryos and have made a decision that i want to try again with eugin and use my frozen embryos. just wondering when to bite the bullet and make contact with them. i am 44 now, will be 45 next June, but hopefully will be cycling before then. does anyone know what tests i need to get done to proceed?
    feel scared but exited at the same time.

Offline BeatrixBing

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #159 on: 23/09/15, 11:01 »
    Hello babybean, welcome

I have a list of different tests which Eugin gave us before we started treatment. I will list them for you to see if it helps:
    Complete haemogram
    Coagulation tests
    Blood group Rh (if you don’t know it, perhaps?)
    Basic hormonal profile between 2nd and 4th day of your cycle (FSH, LH, Oestradiol) or as alternative the AMH carried out any day of your cycle.
    Liver function tests
    Serology (VDRL or RPR and TPHA or FTA-ABS, hep c, hep b antigen, HIV, rubella)
    Transvaginal ultrasound
    Pap test
    Endocervical cultures for Gonococcus and chlamydia

They also mention that if previous IVF has failed then  an exam of the uterine cavity is “almost indispensable”.
    Also, Karyotyping (but you may have already had this done)

A full coagulation study (in cases of multiple miscarriages)

On this info sheet they have given me it also says that if you are 45 or over (which you may not be when you start but I will include it anyway) you will need (if you are receiving egg transfers): mammography, mammary ultrasound, electrocardiogram, glycemy on an empty stomach and a report from your doctor authorising a pregnancy.

I don’t know if you will find any of this useful! There is rather a lot there to take in and you may not need all of it done. But a lot of the tests Eugin do for you when you go for your first visit if you want them to. They even did my pap test for me and gave me another ultrasound to look at my ovaries / follicles. I had already had my FSH, LH and oestrodiol and AMH levels checked prior to going but you need them done again anyway I believe... And I had my GP do the rubella and HIV, hep b and c etc checks.

You will only need the karyotyping done once, which is good because the results takes quite a long time. I think it’s usually a month or so. But you may have already had this done if you have used Eugin before.

On the run up to starting treatment I was also taking supplements like pregnacare conception, Coenzyme Q10, and Royal Jelly. This may not be for everyone but my thinking was that it wouldn’t hurt! So I was taking those for a good 4 – 6 months before we started the treatment. When I had my BFP I changed to the normal pregnacare and stopped the other 2 (didn’t really like taking all those tablets) but I also take cranberry supplements now to help with all the UTIs I seem to be getting.

It is an exciting time but I can definitely understand your fears, too. I think you’re very brave to be going through it all again. My hat goes off to anyone who undergoes multiple rounds of IVF. I wish you every success! Even purchasing the little alcohol swabs for the injection sites during my stim cycle proved to be an absolute and completely unnecessary nightmare!

Anyway, I hope some of this has been useful. I was just quoting the text from Eugin really. Thankfully it’s just a load of blood tests really, which I used to hate but by now I am completely used to.
       Hope to hear from you again!
    Beatrix