* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 47195 times)

0 Members

Offline BABYBEAN

modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #160 on: 23/09/15, 11:19 »
thank you Beatrix

very thoughtful and helpful information, you wouldnt believe that i have been through this so many times yet i am muddled and confused as to how complicated the whole process is.

i have now spoken to eugin, luckily they already have karyotype (cant even remember having it done but i have, we both have) they are asking pretty much for the same things in your list- so thank you.

looking at the prices in london i am wondering whether to just schedule everything with eugin and let them do the bloods and scans etc and i could pop out there for a quick weekend with DH. Probably beginning of November or therabouts. was planning to have transfer around the middle of April but not that ive decided i just want to get on with it.

Massive congratulations on your pregnancy, hoping your next scan goes well, that you are taking it easy and getting plenty of rest.

Big hello to Morag, and congratulations also, im not sure if you remember me from 2012 but we cycled at Eugin around the same time. you were so supporive and certainly reading all of the posts on here from everybody over the last few months has been really helpful and inspirational.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #161 on: 23/09/15, 13:44 »
    Hi everyone,

Hi Baybean and welcome.
    Glad to hear you are getting all your information together regarding your tests it can be confusing even if you have been through it before.
    Just thought I would let you know, my GP conducted all my blood tests here for free. I took the Eugin list to him, he ticked a few boxes on forms and sent me off for blood tests, he also did the Cardio/heart test at the surgery for free. The only test I had to pay for was the mammogram. It was expensive here but only about 100 Euros in Spain so I had it done there during my consultation with them. My GP is extremely supportive and completely wonderful but maybe it would be worth asking your GP practise just in case?

Hi Beatrix, wow you have been spoilt with your scans. Have you had to pay for them? you must be 12 weeks now when is your NHS scan? Sorry you have felt rubbish with the cold it just takes forever to get rid of these colds whilst pregnant.

Hi Morag, great to read your pregnancy is going well, and you are still finding time to come on here and support others, thank you. Yes we are waiting until the 12 week scan to tell everybody its so difficult, it was my birthday as well as other events and i have not been drinking and my mum wants to know why?? i told a fib, that I was on anti biotics.  ^eyes^ Great idea re the yoga Morag I am going to look into that !

I will be 10 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Every morning I feel wonderful and this worries me.....but by the afternoon i am exhausted and feel terrible....so all good!!!! I have been suffering with particularly bad headaches, I mean really really bad it keeps me awake at night and totally wipes me out. It got so bad I had to have a day off work today, I went to the doctor who gave me a thorough check and said my blood pressure was a little bit high so we are going to keep an eye on it, I am just trying to rest  :)

I saw the midwife last week she was lovely and gave me a load of information to read through, she gave me a blood test form which she says i have to have done before i am 12 weeks,  I think this helps identify if we are high risk of Downs? So it looks like i am going to need to get that blood test done before my 12 week scan. does anyone know anything about these blood tests?

We have our 12 week NHS scan on 9th October, I am counting the days!!!! I have some really horrible thoughts because of what happened last time but overall I am trying to keep positive.

I can relate to Beatrix, I wear jeans to work and they are becoming soooooo uncomfortable  ^idiot^.

Hope everyone else is ok, take care

Sam
    x

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #162 on: 25/09/15, 09:37 »
    Hi everyone,

So I am totally on a downer I had my decapathyl injection on the 16th of September and supposed to have my period between day 4 and 10 after. I have always had a super reliable cycle since I was a teenager. I was meant to have my  period on Wednesday which would have been day 7 and for the first time in my life I am late just when I need it to be right the most. It's day 9 for me today. Dies anyone know what would happen if I don't have a period within the 10 day window??

Sorry for spreading my worries 😭

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #163 on: 25/09/15, 23:40 »
    Just a Quick reply as I am in bed, donnerprinz please don't worry it will happen try & relax mine did exactly the same thing on my first go, they don't actually start to worry until day 14, my period came day 13. I was like you but please don't panic it will be ok.
    Sam
    X

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #164 on: 26/09/15, 15:45 »
    Hi Kane,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Finally the wait is over, I have got my period today (heavy) so tonight at 8 pm I will start my two patches.
    I will start at 8pm purely because I know that I will always be home at that time so easy to change.
    I assume I am ok to shower with them as I have to wear each set for a while?
    Hoping to get the transfer day soon too, have just emailed EUGIN to let them know.

My god this is all so nerve reeking and it's not going to get any easier for a bit  ;)

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #165 on: 29/09/15, 18:52 »
    Hi Donnerprinz,

I am so glad that everything happened as it should do!  :)

The patches are fine to shower with, do you have the small or the large ones? I have Estraderm they are the large patches, the small ones are Estradot but I am in Essex and I cannot get them here, or from the chemist in London so I have to have the large ones. I did have a bad box once and they just would not stick to me they kept falling off it was a real pain  :( Since then, as long as i wipe the area that i am going to place them (I always use my tummy) with a cleansing wipe, then dry it thoroughly and put the patches on properly using the sticky backs I have had no problems at all. I have to change mine every 72 hours I guess you are the same?  So the wait begins how exciting for you....
    please keep us updated. Have you looked at where you are going to stay in Barcelona etc?

Hope everyone else is OK?

AFM I am doing really well, counting down the days until our next scan on the 9th it is driving me crazy!!

SAM
    x

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #166 on: 30/09/15, 16:30 »
    Hi all

A big hello to Babybean and yes of course I remember you, glad to hear you are back and where have the last 2 years gone?  My daughter is a delight and we are very excited about having a sibling.  She keeps kissing my tummy and saying hello baby and trying to look down my belly button to see it, all very sweet.

Sam - it's October tomorrow so very nearly time for your scan  ;D  I had the blood tests done but don't recall having them with M but I've had so many over the years they tend to all blur in together.  I hope your headaches have gone and that your blood pressure is behaving itself.

Donner - sorry I didn't see your post in time to respond but I too had a late AF on Decapeptyl it arrived wither day 13 or 14 and I am now 24 weeks so it shouldn't cause you any problems although it does add unnecessary stress.  Any news on dates yet?  Am I right in thinking you have family in Barcelona or am I confusing you with someone else?

Beatrix - glad to hear everything is progressing well.  I really get what you mean about going for a regular scan with everyone else rather than the horrible EPU experiences. 

My pregnancy this time is very different; partly (mainly) because I have a toddler so no time to even think let alone pamper myself like last time.  And I'm constantly lugging a toddler, a bag,a  bike and several toys rather than resting, not lifting, exercising gently etc etc.  I am thoroughly enjoying the yoga as it is 1.5 hours every week when I can stop and actually think about the baby and being pregnant.  I highly recommend it, it's not full yoga but an NCT relax, stretch and breathe class based on yoga but it is bliss.

Love to all
    Morag
    xx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #167 on: 30/09/15, 18:31 »
    Hi everyone,

Great to see all the pregnancies are going well 😀

Patches, well the first set lasted about 40 hours then one gave up I had put them on my outer thigh.
    I ride horses so with the breeches and after showering one gave up.
    EUGIN said that if one came off to replace both, so this time I put them on my upper arm. Better but they still don't like the showers so basically I am trying not to get my left arm under the water until I can swap patches tomorrow, them I will have a proper shower first then put the next lot on the right arm and keep that one out of the water for the next 72hrs  ^bigbad^

YES Girls I have a date, flying in on the 21st and doing transfer 22/23 then fly back on the 24th of October.
    Morag, you are right my mum lives in Sitges so will stay over with her.

Wanted to thank you all for all the support and a series so far, sometimes this place is the only place I feel I can seek advice so thank you all so much 😘😘

Claudia
    X

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #168 on: 9/10/15, 06:59 »
    Morning

I hope everyone is well and progressing nicely whatever stage you're at  :)

Sam - hope your scan goes well and it's another milestone passed for you.  Will be thinking of you  ;D

AFM up early as we have a digger arriving a 7.30 to dig out a new driveway and car parking area in our back garden - we pulled down a load of old workshop buildings as we don't have a garden and with 2 children think we need one.  M is very excited that the digger is coming back!

Morag
    xx

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #169 on: 9/10/15, 07:59 »
    Hi Everyone,

Wow Morag a real digger! I bet she is excited, a garden will be lovely.

We are looking to move house, with 3 large dogs and twins on the way we are going to need some more room!

I havent slept much, a bundle of nerves and excitement,  its at 11:10 and I am just preying that everything is ok.

I will update later
    xxxx