* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 47196 times)

0 Members

Offline kane and Able

modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #170 on: 9/10/15, 14:45 »
Hi Everyone,

Wow what a morning!! My bladder was so full i thought i was going to burst, this was my NHS scan and the ladies were so lovely.
We saw our 2 little beautiful perfect babies, 2 arms, 2 legs, head stomach WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWW ;D ;D ;D ;D

Amazing, Twin 1 great size was bouncing about all over the place and stopped for a pose! ...very much like daddy!! ;D

Twin 2 is laying upside down and although he moved about a bit he was being very stubborn so although we were able to see all his limbs and bits we didn't get very good picture of him. ;D

We sobbed and sobbed when we saw them, after last time I was scared and it was such a relief, we had two nurses in with us, one doing the scan and the other making notes of sizes etc, well they stopped and hugged!!! one of the ladies has a son who has just had a baby through IVF and the whole thing was very emotional.....not a dry eye in the room. I think this is the most wonderful day of my entire life.

Next scan in 4 weeks, now I am going to relax and enjoy .....I hope  ^pray^

How is everyone else? Morag I hope that digger turned up? Beatrix you must be 15/16 weeks now? how are you?
Hope everyone else is good and remember never give up hope...ever X
Sam
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #171 on: 20/10/15, 18:05 »
    Hi Everyone,

Beatrix this is amazing!! 2 girls wow brilliant news, do you have to pay for all these scans? it must be costing you a fortune but i completely understand why you are doing it. You are 20 days ahead of me, my due date is April 20th. I wonder if we will get anywhere near that date! ^pray^ ^pray^ Are you intending to have the girls naturally? I am now in maternity jeans from H&M, so cheap and OMG so so so so comfortable. I am only 13 weeks 5 days but gosh i have got a space hopper in my jumper! Have you booked any NCT classes or anything?

Morag, how are you? how is that garden looking?

Claudia, its come around so quickly....you go tommorrow!!!!!!!!! how exciting. Where are you staying? I have everything crossed for you for a smooth transfer with some great looking embryos. Just try and relax on the day, you need to chill out as much as you can in order to have a nice hassle free transfer. Well good luck to you  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ I hope you have a great stay too.
    Don't know if you are taking a baby Aspirin or not? its completely up to you but the advise these days is that it cant do you any harm and i have heard some great things about it. Anyway all the best for tomorrow and please let us know how you get on.

As for me, I am so so so happy its ridiculous! I'm getting bigger and bigger and loving it. Feeling very well just knacker-ed at night but then i get up at 0500 to walk my dogs so its no wonder really!!
    Got the results of my downs syndrome risk yesterday, came back as very low risk 1 in 50,000 so we were really happy with that, another milestone crossed off.

Anyway take care all.
    Sam

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #172 on: 20/10/15, 19:50 »
    Hi Sam,

Thank you  :) yes setting off tomorrow. I am staying at my mums in Sitges so not far and as I am from Barcelona I know my transport links well.
    Got a call today that the egg de thaw went well, so now waiting for a call tomorrow to see how many embryos we have. Transfer will be 2 hope that's what we have and they are good.
    I will start the Passaries tonight. My patches are a bit of a pain, everything I sgower in them on comes loose. Will change over again tonight.
    Not heard about the baby aspirin? What is it?

Did you use your own eggs or donors as you said you have had the Down syndrome risk test back?

So exciting to see you are all making progress  ^hugme^

X

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #173 on: 22/10/15, 16:03 »
    Hi

I have been AWOL for a little while as have been busy, busy, busy and a little bit stressed.  How a new baby will fit into this madness I’m really not sure.  My poor OH is having ongoing issues with one of his employees who has now finally resigned but we are spending hours on the phone with solicitors and writing lengthy letters as he is threatening to sue us for constructive dismissal.  On top of that he left his job in a complete mess (which is what has started this whole thing) so OH is working ridiculous hours to try and firefight problems with deadlines looming and we’re on very large weekly penalty clauses if we don’t meet the deadlines which we just cannot afford.

Claudia – have everything crossed for you.  And have a lovely break with your family as well.  I do like Barcelona and am a little bit envious of you being there.  I will always have a bit of a soft spot for the city now.

Sam – wow, wow wow.  Not much else to say really except just how delighted I am for you and your DH.  I guess you’ll be well looked after with twins so lots of chances to see them again.  Great news on the downs test as well.

Beatrix – 2 little girls, how delightful.  I hope your headaches have gone as they can be so debilitating especially with a toddler.
    Babybean – hope all is good with you?

I too am loving my growing belly and my LO is kissing and tickling the baby on a regular basis which is just so sweet – I have had to draw the line at her ‘checking the baby is alright mummy’ when we are out as she exposes my belly and I’m not sure I’m ready for public viewings!

And the garden is coming along – the digger turned up and OH spent the weekend shovelling and levelling and laying driveway grid.  M & I went ‘shopping’ and bought 2 tonnes of gravel, 1 tonne of topsoil and collected the grid, she just loves going in our van although I have to have teddy helping me drive it and often wonder what people think when they see a teddy ‘steering’ a large transit van.   The grass seed went down on Monday so we are now on weather and bird watch and M is looking out the window as soon as it gets light to see if it is green yet.
    At least it’s the weekend again – we have a 3 year old birthday party on Sat and a family lunch on Sun so another busy one. 

I hope you all have a great weekend too.

Morag
    xx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #174 on: 24/10/15, 17:24 »
    Hi everyone,

So we are back in the UK. The day before setting off EUGIN called to let us know that 4 out of the 6 eggs where of very good quality after thawing so they would proceed with fertilisation.
    Barcelona greeted us with the sun as usually. We received another call shortly after arriving to let us know that our appointment was going to be Thursday at 5 pm. I can't believe how relaxed I have been through it all, I have shocked myself  :o
    We left Sitges at 11am, had a nice lunch and then strolled over to EUGIN. After arriving 30 minutes before the appointment as requested we could relax in one of the waiting rooms which are equipped with wifi tablets, drinks etc I kept drinking, drinking, drinking to make sure my bladder was full.
    Once they got us to proceed with the treatment we got changed into all the clothing they provide and we where told by the biologist that 3 eggs had developed very well and where of very good quality but we lost one. They showed us a picture of the two they picked to use.
    I can't believe how quick it went!!! 1 minute max for the procedure WOW. Don't know what I expected but certainly not that quick  ;D
    Transfer went well and both eggs where placed successfully!
    Now it's  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ time!!!

How did you ladies go about having your blood tests done? Did you just call your GP to say you thought you may be pregnant and that you wanted a blood test? Or where you girls upfront with them to say you had been for a cycle of IVF ( I will not want to say it was eggs from a donor to the GP)

The worst of all this experience so far for me are the Passaries  :-\ fine at night when I go to bed but not nice when you have things to do in the morning ....

Hope I can join you girls with a pregnancy soon although I will worry until month 4 or so due to past experiences...

Wonder what my chances of having twins would be like???

Lots of hugs to all of you  ^hugme^ I will catch up again soon

Xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #175 on: 25/10/15, 09:17 »
    Claudia - glad all went well.  It's astoundingly quick isn't it - especially for something that is potentially so life changing.  Fingers etc are firmly crossed for you and I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you.  Enjoy the fact that you are currently pregnant  ;D

I was upfront with my GP but had to pay for the blood tests the last twice, the first time was free.  The tests were £17 each.

I too, am hoping you join us in the pregnancy boards.

Morag
    xx

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #176 on: 25/10/15, 19:54 »
    Hi Claudia,

Wow great that everything went smoothly, thats brilliant news!!! And yes as Morag says...you are currently PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise) so congratulations on that.
    I will be  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ preying for you now for the two weeks, what is your test date??? So what day embryos were they that that transferred? were they day two? day three? how many cells were they?
    how old is your donor?
    So did they freeze one for you also?
    Sorry about all the questions I am just very interested.

With my blood tests I have an excellent and supportive GP both times i just phoned and told him we had another cycle of IVF and i needed two blood tests, he left the forms for me in reception and i picked them up and had the tests done at the hospital (My GP practise doesn't take blood) I am lucky that i never had to pay.
    I remember well my two week wait, I carried on as normal with work and everything, my boobs started hurting about 5 days after the transfer and have stayed sore ever since.
    Yes the pessaries are not great are they, but so necessary. I used to find half an hour in the morning do the pessary and just lay still for half an hour, I read somewhere that it takes 20 mins for the drugs to work anything that comes out after that time is just excess and not needed. So try not to worry.
    Make sure you try and stay positive over the two weeks, a positive mental attitude is absolutely crucial at this stage. Are you taking any vitamins etc?

How is everyone else?

take care all
    Sam
    x

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #177 on: 25/10/15, 21:38 »
    Hi Sam & Morag

The eggs and sperm thawed on Tuesday and fertilised after that but not sure exactly when.
    I had the transfer on the Thursday 5 pm both where 4 cells.
    Donor is my husband. He is 31 and I am 40.
    Yes they said they would call us regarding the last egg if cell division kept on going well. Not heard yet. Then we can freeze. How much is the fee for that?

I do Passaries at 9 am and 9 pm. So far I have been able to sit still for the ones in the morning and the ones at night I do before lying in bed so I am totally still for that watching tv or so.
    I will have to buy more patches as not many left certainly not enough for the first three months so will wait to buy more until the results.
    Vitamins I am just in folic acid.

Will call to ask for a gp appointment tomorrow. Need to book first test on day 15 and second on day 17.
    So Thursday 5th of November then it would be the Saturday but I would have to wait for the Monday 9th.
    How long does it take to get the results? Why do we need two blood test?

I would more than love to join you on those boards  :)

X

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #178 on: 26/10/15, 07:45 »
    HI Caudia

There is no additional fee for freezing but I found they are slow at telling you whether it was possible to freeze so I chased them each time.

You have 2 blood tests to check the HCG level is rising, my understanding is that the first shows there is enough HCG to show that the embryo has implanted and the second shows continued implantation and dividing/growth of the cells.   My results came back same day as I was at the hospital first thing, in fact the plebotomist went and asked for the results immediately the first time as she was so excited for me!  She said she went to find out how long it would take for the results and came back to say they would be at my GP by 2 pm and that I would probably be very happy with the results  ;D

Morag

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #179 on: 26/10/15, 13:25 »
    Went to see my GP and he's booked me in for the blood tests.
    First on the 5th of Nov and second on 9th of Nov
    So now all I can do is hope....
    Xx