* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 47194 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #180 on: 26/10/15, 15:31 »
Good to hear you have a helpful GP - and we'll all be hoping with you :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #181 on: 28/10/15, 18:01 »
    Hi Girls
    Great news that your GP has booked in your blood tests thats brilliant. Yes as Morag said the first test confirms the implantation with the HCG reading (the hormone in your blood) this HCG reading needs to have doubled (i think its doubled not tripled) in the 48 hours after the test this confirms pregnancy.
    Are you going to do a home pregnancy test before your official test date? I have never done this....way too scared.
    My HCG reading at the first blood test was 2041 the second test was 4878 this was probably higher than average because of the twin pregnancy.
    My Doctor always called me the day after the test, depending on how busy he was but the results come through quite quickly i think.
    once i got my positive pregnancy test my doctor prescribed by drugs so i didn't have to pay any more  ;D ;D ;D

It also took the clinic ages to tell me that my remaining embryos had not made it to the freezing stage. I had to chase them with an email every day.
    If you are using donor eggs the Eugin clinic have a policy whereby they GUARANTEE that you will have a good embryo for freezing and if this doesn't happen they will give you a substantial discount if you need to have another fresh cycle.

Ours didn't make it to freezing and they offered us 20% off if we needed to go again. I am still preying that we never need to go back.

Try and relax and enjoy this time, try visualisation techniques i found them really helpful.

lots of love and positive vibes

Sam
    x

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #182 on: 29/10/15, 06:45 »
    Hi,
    Anna told me we have one that they have frozen.
    She replied to my first email on the same day.
    I have pregnancy tests at home... They where on offer ages ago and sat in cupboard.
    I get pregnant naturally 1st time for the 3 pregnancies I have had but then in guess my eggs aren't good and that's how we had trisomy 21 in first then 18 and then 13...
    It's been a week today since my transfer. I am still chilled but guess I am wanting this blood test day to come round soon now.

I also hope this works and we don't have to go back.
    Who would have bought that having a baby can be so hard.
    If its positive when they you count the pregnancy from? Last period or day of fertilisation?
    Ohhhh I will ask my GP for free meds too if its good news. We live near Edinburgh now so everyone gets free meds here.
    What's visualisation technique?

Thank you for your support Girls this place here has been great for me to feel so relaxed and get so many answers etc, a few people know I have done ivf but none know its a donor...

Xx

Offline Bethany915

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #183 on: 29/10/15, 20:48 »
    Hello Ladies

Can I join you - I'm a newbie on here (at least on this thread) - I'm 47 (nearly 48  :o) and single, and seriously thinking of having another try for a sibling for my lovely 7-year-old.  Been trying on and off for nearly 6 years (a long story!)  Thinking of Eugin (mainly because they look good for DE, I have some family in BCN and I speak a bit of Spanish).  From this thread, it looks as though there are some good successes!  I emailed them last weekend and got a reply the next day from Lidia, but then I sent a reply asking her to call me and tried to call her, but so far without success.  So I wonder if you ladies could tell me a little bit about the first appointment, such as:

1) How long is it usually between first contacting them and having the first appointment?
    2) Are you able to request to have the first appointment on a specific day?  (I am a bit restricted due to work, flights, and needing to find overnight childcare for my son)
    3) Do you need to have any medical tests before going to the first appt?  If so, which ones?
    4) How long is the first appointment (including any medical tests etc which they might do while you are there)?
    5) Do they have a liaison office in London?  (I saw a magazine article from 2012 saying that they had opened a London office, but I don't see anything about it on their website, so maybe they closed it again...)

Many thanks in advance for your wise words!  And good luck to Donnerprinz (I think you are on a 2ww?)  I haven't read back, so I'll just say a general hello to everyone else on here :).

Bethany x

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #184 on: 30/10/15, 08:36 »
    Hi Bethany and welcome.  I had my first appt in 2012 so it's all a bit hazy now. But I'll do my best to answer your questions

1) Very quick as in a matter of a few days to weeks (depending on you)
    2) Yes, they  are a private clinic so treat you with respect and understand that you have other commitments
    3) They will send you a list,many of which you can have done on the NHS so worth doing before you go as they are free.  From memory you'll need blood count, Hep, HIV tests, over 45 you will need ECG (NHS will do this), mammogram (NHS won't do this but Eugin can arrange it in BCN on the same day for you) there are others but I can't remember.
    4) About an hour plus any tests
    5) No it closed. It's not really needed though.  Eugin can be a little patchy on communication but once treatment starts they are much more responsive.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more recent info on the tests.

Claudia - how are you?  When successful there is a link om the home page to work out your EDD.  I counted 14 days back from the day of fertilisation and told the NHS that this was the first day of my last period so both NHS and IVF dates match to save any confusion. It's only a guide anyway so a few days either way shouldn't matter.

Sam, Beatrix hope you are well and pregnancies are progressing well.

AFM 28 week scan last friday and 29 weeks today  ;D All healthy and happy and only 4 more weeks of work as I am taking all of December as holiday.

Morag

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #185 on: 30/10/15, 09:14 »
    Hi,
    Welcome Bethany, think Morag covers it all.

Will have a look at that link once I get the test results.
    Yesterday wasent a good day, I felt so crampy  :(
    Today I feel ok again so far...
    Not sure what to think, Thursday can't come quick enough and then the next one on the following Monday

Xx

Offline Bethany915

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #186 on: 30/10/15, 12:55 »
    Hi Morag

Thank you so much for your detailed replies!  No call from Eugin today yet, so I'll call them again in a moment - if I still can't speak to Lidia, maybe I will just email.  For the NHS tests, do you need to have the tests completed before the first appointment?  (I am really keen to go over there in the next few weeks and have my first appointment, so I can feel like the ball is rolling before Christmas...).

Sounds like your pregnancy is going really well  :).  Has it all been straightforward?  From your sig, it looks like you are a similar age to me, and that is one reason I was procrastinating for several years - I didn't know (still don't know) if pregnancy in late 40's would be hard on your body...  On the other hand, I couldn't get the idea of a 2nd child out of my head, hence decided to give it another go...

Donnerprinz - good luck with the rest of your 2ww - I will keep my fingers crossed for you  :).

Bethany x

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #187 on: 1/11/15, 17:59 »
    Hi Bethany and welcome,

I don't think that there is any need to have any tests before your first appointment, they just need to see you, fill in lots of forms and discuss your history etc. I previously had IVF in the UK and I took my notes along for the Eugin clinic to copy and keep.  I think that the clinic are quite happy for you to pick up the results and scan or send them over to them.
    They are very accommodating and will see you to suit your schedule.
    The only test i had in Barcelona was a Mammogram is was very cheap over their in comparison to here. The other tests were blood tests, my doctor wrote me up a form and i had them in the UK for free. My GP surgery also has a heart machine so i had a cardiogram at the surgery and sent the results over. Good luck with speaking to them, they can be a bit slow on the emails but like Morag said once treatment starts they are very good!  ;D I am 47 and have never had a pregnancy before let alone a baby, I am expecting twins!! But i am physically very fit, i made sure before i started this process that i was fit and healthy and strong....lets hope it helps when the little ones come along!!! ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Hi donnerprinz,

gosh the 2 week wait really is very difficult i know exactly how you feel, but cramping is GOOD!!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ especially around this time!!
    I also had a very small bleed on day 11 after the transfer and i thought it was all over..........but this must have been implantation bleeding. Please don't worry try and stay strong. If you google ZITA WEST she does a positive thinking and visualisation CD its a bit of meditation and imagining your embryos implanting. I found the meditation helped me relax and who knows if the power of the mind helped my babies along, i think so. Anyway sending positive energy your way for Thursday. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

As for me, i am getting ridiculously large!!!! i love my bump so so so much i have my maternity jeans on and they are so comfy, i have dreamt of this for many many years and am loving every minute of this pregnancy  ^pray^ ^pray^ some days i get scared as i haven't seen my babies since 12 weeks........now 15 weeks 3 days but i just cant waste this pregnancy worrying so i am trying to be strong. Our next appointment is on the 10th of November with the consultant so not long now.

Lots of love and best wishes to everyone xxxxxxxxx
    Sam

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #188 on: 2/11/15, 08:00 »
    Hi Bethany

I can only echo Sam re pregnancy, I am fairly fit and healthy and have really enjoyed both my pregnancies in my 40's, once past the first trimester - having a history of m/c and fairly bad morning sickness I found the first 12 weeks difficult but once past that I too love my bump and being pregnant.  A good, strong, positive mental attitude also helps and certainly helped me immensely in labour.  I'm sure it is harder on your body in your 40's than in your 20's but I am a much stronger person in my 40's and both these babies are so wanted and I feel I can cope with anything to have them.  I go to a pregnancy yoga class weekly and walk a lot which I am sure helps.  My consultant has commented in both pregnancies that I am in better shape than a lot of the younger mums he sees  :) 

Claudia - thinking of you and sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way.  I hope you're staying sane.

SAm - how lovely to hear you are loving your bump. It's fabulous isn't it.  The 10th is not far away (I turn 49 on the 10th so am aware of just how close it is, although it may well come quicker for me  ^idiot^). 

Hi to Beatrix & Babybean - hope you are both well.   ^hugme^

AFM  I too am getting big and loving my maternity jeans.  I am seeing either my consultant or midwife every 2 weeks from now on as they want to keep an eye on blood pressure and protein in wee so I certainly can't complain at the NHS care I'm getting.   Neither are expecting any problems it's simply age related and it means I either hear the heartbeat or see a scan fortnightly which is rather nice.     

Morag
    xx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #189 on: 2/11/15, 13:13 »
    Hi all,

well it was quite a good weekend easier than being in work, although i still thought about it of course. Been ready lots on the internet too but come to the conclusion that any sign can be good and bad news so i just have to wait.

Not really been feeling much apart from last Tuesday where i just felt so crampy and that my sens of smell was more sensitive until last night when i took of my bra i noticed that  my (.)(.) where starting to feel sore. I feel thirsty bit of a headache and my smell sens has gone mental. i smelt my friends washing powder the minute she came in and she sits 1.5 m away from me.

I know this is so weird yesterday i didn't feel pregnant whatsoever and today i am starting to think i may... ^idiot^

Funny about the visualization technique as i have been doing that anyway since the transfer just imagining how the eggs traveled so hopefully that will have helped, i guess i will just have to see in what happens on Thursday but because the test in at my GP's i doubt i will know until Friday if not Monday.

Thanks for all your thoughts girls, mean the world to me  :)

xx