* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 43580 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #20 on: 3/04/15, 18:56 »
Hi Sam

Keep firing away at the questions, if I can answer them I'm happy to  ;D

Patches start on day one of period, they don't like to keep you on them for more than a month and preferably less so about 2 weeks before transfer is what we have had both times.  We are deciding on transfer dates as we will use vitirified eggs so we give the clinic two dates once I start the patches and they choose from that.  And yes I will have a scan this time, I haven't previously but will 2 weeks after starting the patches.  I can do this easily in Southampton (30 mins drive) for 99.  And yes I used Ali's chemist in London again, they are happy to fill the prescription in stages so I buy half to start with  and the rest once/if I get a positive.

Where are you off to on holiday and which big birthday is it?  How lovely to have 3 weeks away, we have our own business with 14 employees so only take a holiday over Christmas when the workshop is closed.  TBH my husband did the jab better than the nurse at the surgery did last time.  It actually hurt and I had a lump for quite a while afterwards when she did it.  My lovely husband did it very slowly and it was fine - no pain, no lump.

It's all so exciting and so nervewracking at the same time but I'm just happy we're doing it again.  As I type I can hear my husband and daughter downstairs and am just so so glad we did this, it really has changed our lives for the better.  Fingers crossed for  all of us

Morag

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #21 on: 4/04/15, 08:39 »
    Hi Morag,

Thanks for answering everything. The last time for me was a bit of a blur as we did a fresh transfer i literally got a call and 24hrs later we were in Barcelona! I am looking forward to doing it all at a slightly slower pace this time. We have decided that hubby will do the Decap injection so that will take place on the holiday!.
    It is hubby's 50th!! (he calls it his 24th...he has issues!) its a bit family holiday to the island of Virgin Gorda in the British virgin islands, its the most beautiful place in the world to me, we got married there 14 years ago, very natural and just wonderful. 2 weeks with family and friends followed by a week by ourselves which will be amazing.
    My husband owns his own business too so we always tend to go away at Christmas when the company shuts down but this will be wonderful. Although he will be on his computer for an hour every night dealing with stuff.

You have always inspired me Morag, being around my age and being successful and positive - thank you for that.

We are very positive, as you know we got pregnant for the first time ever last time and that is such a big to us so we now know i can get pregnant !!!  This time i will be taking the Aspirin etc as i understand it cant do any harm. We are also being realsistic, the chances of success for us using out frozen EMBRYO drops to about 40%. We are fine with that and if it doesn't work we will try a fresh cycle again later in the year...not giving up! we were going to move house but have put that on hold as we need the money for this now...poor hubby wanted a new car but he can wait too! bless him.  ::)

Morag are you considering an en-dometrial scratch at all? when i spoke to the Eugin about this they sent me instructions about when to get it done etc so they recognise it, i have read good things.

So you had your injection on Thursday and hopefully will get your period soon, how long do they let it go before you need hormones checked out? i remember last time my period came on the last possible day before they wanted me to get checked out....hope your arrives soon.

I am going to be contacting Ali's chemist soon, great news to hear they will split the prescription. I have some meds from the last go so thats going to save me some money!

Thanks again and please keep me updated.  ^hugme^

Sam
    x

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #22 on: 8/04/15, 15:29 »
    Hi all,

Just been catching up reading all your posts. So pleased to read so many of you all have positive plans in place. Sounds very exciting time for you. I don't envy you having the Decap injections though!

I'm still doing ok. I'm now 22 weeks with quite a bump! Can feel baby moving around quite a bit. Had my 20 week scan last week & baby was lying in an awkward position. They could see heart beating but were unable to check the heart properly nor the kidneys. She looked at baby's brain & face & checked 2 hands & feet etc. She said she had no concerns at all over everything she could see. Have to go back tomorrow for another scan to check the heart & kidneys.

Have had quite swollen ankles on Monday so I phoned NHS 111 careline & they arranged an out of hours appointment with a Dr to be checked at a local hospital. Had my urine & blood pressure checked & all are ok so have been given all clear but told to put my feet up!

Looking forward to hearing your next instalments of your journeys.

Jo x

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #23 on: 8/04/15, 19:26 »
     So we have decided to go with EUGIN. Our family friend knows Dr Richard Vidal very well as they are good friends and recomend for us to go with him. We called the clinic for the first time a couple of hours ago and they said they will call us back tomorrow.
    I am so excited hopefully we will have a first appointment soon :-)
    Has Anyone else been doing their treatment through him?

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #24 on: 8/04/15, 22:08 »
    Hi all

Joanne - how wonderful to hear all is progressing well.  It's just such a wonderful time so just enjoy  ;D ;D And while it is a bit frustrating not to see everything on a scan it's just brilliant to see your LO again and feeling the movements is just the most amazing thing and it just  gets better and better.  My Eugin miracle is nearly 26 months old and I LOVE being a mother.

Donnerprinz - good to hear you have made a decision on clinic and good luck with the nextsteps

Sam - your holiday sounds amazing, my 50th is next November and I've never had a party since I was a child but am thinking of having a big bash this time so tell your hubby to get over himself  ;D ;D once he's a Dad those numbers just don't matter anymore.  What sort of business do you have?  We have a furniture making /joinery business which is slowly getting bigger and as it does we can take more time off but always there is the emails and ph calls!  I will talk to Eugin about the scratch, we were so lucky first time round I didn't do too much research but unfortunately am feeling a bit battered after the last attempt so will throw everything at it.

AFM just waiting for the  b****y AF, never usually wanted and ALWAYS late when you do want it. 6 days in and last time no AF till day 14 so starting to get a bit anxious now.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone

Morag
    xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #25 on: 14/04/15, 21:54 »
    Hellllllllooooooo.....

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #26 on: 16/04/15, 19:28 »
    Hi Moragob!!

Sorry been so busy at work and its quite a stressful time sorting out the holiday and celebrations for the big birthday!! its taken up so much of my time, that and working and looking after my 3 fur babies ( i have 2 great Danes and a wiemeraner) Anyway, did you get AF?????? whats happening do you have your date?
    have you gone yet? I hope i have not missed you...

My hubby has a property/building company, it is rapidly growing and he is loving it, but it can be time consuming, he is living his dream and working hard to make sure that we can both live mine also....

Donnerprinz have you been to the Eugin yet?

Hope everyone else is OK. updates would be great.
    take care
    Sam ^hugme^

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #27 on: 16/04/15, 22:47 »
    Hi Sam

Lovely to hear from you.  We have an english pointer so similar to your Wiemeraner - just lovely.  Our DH's are doing similar things by the sounds of it, mine works so hard to build something for us and to allow me to work part time to look after our daughter.

AF arrived on Sat so we are now all go (gulp).  Lining scan next Wed with ET the following Monday all being well.  We can't book anything until after the scan so hopefully Thu will be a frenzy of organisation.  At least Barcelona is a lovely city for a long weekend and we get a break whatever happens. I'm just trying not to think about it too much  ^idiot^

Any news Donnerprinz?

Hi to everyone / anyone else following

Morag

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #28 on: 18/04/15, 19:49 »
    Hi, we got out 1st appointment with Dr Vidal on 30th May 😁, I am very excited about this and it's slowly becoming real.
    I have also had a shocking find in the past few days 😥found a lump on the left Brest so I have got a appointment to get that checked out I really hope it's nothing as this is not what we need while going for the ivf...

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #29 on: 19/04/15, 18:32 »
    Hi Girls,

Donnerprinz I am really sorry to hear that, its the last thing that you need. I am sure it is fine, keep positive and focused on the end of May, very exciting.

Moragob, Wow an English Pointer they are stunning dogs, I pretty much have a dog for each failed IVF!! just have to have something to cuddle....Our 3 year old Dane came when i had just got my BFN, my friend bred her around the corner and i delivered her an brought her to life, we were not going to have a 3rd dog but hey.....i couldn't resist her and she filled all my needs, i carried her around like a baby until she just got so huge i could not manage anymore! I love them all dearly, 0500 hrs start each day to get them walked and taken care of and one or other often have me up in the night for a wee so I have plenty of experience to have a baby!

Yes our hubby's are both hard at it sounds like yours is the same, he works so hard and that has allowed me to drop to 4 days a week which is fabulous.

Such good news about AF!! brilliant. So your lining scan? have you paid for that privately near to where you live? how much was it? Stay positive and focus on that lining building up into a lovely duvet ready to welcome those embryos to tuck them selves into.  I use a Zita West CD which helps prepare my body for ET, its great. Also are you having Acupuncture, i have that pre transfer too. I am lucky, my lining has always been good and thick.

So will you fly out on Saturday and back Tuesday????????

Hi to everyone Else.....x