* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 47058 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #250 on: 20/04/16, 10:49 »
Hi Boyazhai & welcome,

I used ultrasound direct for scans as they are pretty reasonably priced, there's a few in London.

I never changed patches, all clinics seem to have slightly different protocols so just follow Eugin instructions and ask them if you are not sure about anything.

With the patches just check that the active ingredient amount is right, the brand is probably irrelevant.  I used a different brand for my first cycle to the one I used for cycle 2 and 3 and I had success on cycle 1 and 3.

And I used cyclogest 400 too.

And yes the medication is used up to 12 weeks to support the pregnancy,  perhaps talk to your gp about side effects if you are concerned as a they will know your medical history.

May is not very far away, good luck, let us know how you get on.

Maya -  how was your trip?  Hopefully all went well and the 2ww won't be too awful for you.  I have my fingers firmly crossed for you.

Morag

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #251 on: 20/04/16, 11:19 »
    Hi Boyaxhai,

I just followed all of Egins instructions. They are very good communicating to you when to start what.
    I also had the patches x 2 75gr every 3 days.
    There are various brands I used two different ones. One was sticking much better than the other.
    I also used the cyclogest 400 passaries. Or me it was 2 twice a day so every 12 hrs all the way up to 3 months of the pregnancy.
    I had no scan though. I never had issues getting pregnant my problem with me is that every pregnancy resulted in a gentic abnormally.
    I got pregnant staight away 3 times everytime we decided to try fir a baby.

Another thing you may want to look into is comparing prices regarding all the drugs as pharmacies seem to have different prices.
    I got mind from ASDA at the end. Firstly they don't need the Spanish prescription to be transcribed and they said to me that all they medicines are sold at cost to them as ASDA aims for you to do some shopping at the sane time you use their pharmacies.
    The price difference fir the first set of drugs was 80
    The rest of the drugs all the way up to 3 months where prescribed to me by my own GP in Scotland so I am lucky they where free 😀

Maya,
    Hope your trip was good and I have my fingers crosse for you.

I am now 28 weeks pregnant 😁😁😁😍

Offline Thornhill

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #252 on: 20/04/16, 14:00 »
    Hello! I have been lurking on this post as I started with Eugin in Jan 2016, after my last failed IVF with my own eggs. Basically, low ovarian reserve, followed by 2 year of trying 4 x IVF, resulting in many BFN after the other!

I got a lot of positivity and solace from this site, as well as useful information, so I thought I would post  as well, incase anyone has the same questions.

We currently live in Singapore so could only make one trip - asked for a donor who looked similar to me, within their existing database. They would not let me know before hand how many eggs they would defrost, other than it would be enough and that they did not want to waste eggs (I guess after 2 or 3, one would probably stop, so why waste 10 or 11). I sort of agree with their philosophy.

They defrosted 7 eggs, out of which 5 fertilised, and we got 4 embroyes. They transferred 2 on the 4th April. I tested on day 12 cause my husband was travelling and I wanted to have him with me for the good or bad news. As usual, the big dark control line showed up, and nothing else. I handed it to him, not too upset, cause I am used to it by now. However, a faint (and I mean barely visible if you don't use your imagination) line appeared. I was still sceptic, but as my husband said, these test would not show a faint positive, if it didn't pick something up!

Went to the doctor on day 14 (April 18) and she said, why not do a pee test here and then a blood test as the result come back the next day. Did that, and I had to wait for 10 mins, while I knew she knew the results! She said I was definately pregnant  ;D even though the line was pretty faint again (but more visible). Maybe the control line is super super dark?

My results came back at beta HCG 525.5 which I promptly sent to Eugin and they asked me to repeat the test in 2-3 days time. So, here I am, day 16, waiting for my repeat blood test. Does anyone know if those levels seem right? And also, what should I expect when I get tomorrow's results?

Couple of items to share:
    1. I found Eugin extremely responsive, and attentive, when we took the decision and started the program.
    2. Prior to that, they were not fast in responding nor in giving the first appointment
    3. I found reading this post, extremely helpful, especially when so many of you were BFP  ^hugme^
    4. As before, I think Eugin have the right policy of not defrosting too many eggs, however, when I found out that we only had 4 embies, I was worried that if I didn't test positive, I would only have one more opportunity to have 2 embryos again.
    5. I had a day 3 transfer, 6 cells with 0% fragmentation, and 8 cells with 5% fragmentation.
    6. They told me my donor's age (26) and her blood group. That's all.
    7. Everyone in the clinic was very kind and positive, however, being a maths nerd, I was not happy with the % presented on their website and no one would explain it to me well (I mean, how can everyone have exactly the SAME % success rate for an Egg donor cycle). I was told the % of testing positives, first try, was 65% but getting to a baby was 50%. Then just before the actual transfer, the embryologist said the chances after a first try for a BFP were 25%. That was not the best time for either of us to hear that!!

Well, I will finish now, as I appreciate this is super long. Want to thank Morag, Donnapriz  and all the other lovely ladies on this post for your help. You probably don't realise this but reading your stories were super encouraging. I wasn't sure I wanted to share anything here, and then I realised that I had most of my questions addressed on this post, so it seemed wrong not to share what I went through.

Offline Thornhill

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #253 on: 20/04/16, 14:03 »
    Oh, one big difference between Eugin and CRGH, London, where I had my other treatment is the protocol. I am currently taking Crinone twice a day, and progyonova 3 times a day in tablet form. Nothing else.

Previously, was taking clexane injections daily, lentogest injections every 2 days, progyonova, 3 times per day and crinone twice a day. Also patches which I changed every 2 days!!!

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #254 on: 20/04/16, 16:12 »
    Hi welcome Thornhill,

Great news and congratulations.
    We had 6 good eggs, 4 good ones before fertilisation two where transfered 1 egg took so now 28 weeks pregnant. One of the two left was not good enough for freezing and the other one is frozen now.

My first HCG test was 196 at 14 days after transfer and embryo was two cells
    Second HCG was 810

I also cheated and the day before the first HCG I did a pee test which like yours had one very fat line and one very very very faint line. I think maybe because we test so early it's very faint???

Anyway we are pregnant so who cares about the line strength  ;D

Best of luck with the next steps x

Offline Boyazhai2003

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #255 on: 20/04/16, 20:59 »
    Hi Morag and Donnerprinz

Many thanks for sharing very useful info with me. I am so happy to have your support. It has been a very difficult journey as I have nobody to share not even my best friend. I feel a bit released that I can talk to your girls cos you understand more than everyone else.

I had 3 failed IVFs due to my poor response to gonal f. I had only one follicle after 300 gonal f every day and no egg were collected in these 3 cycles. I had very low Amh level so it might be a reason. I thought to try one more natural ivf but my hubby didn't think it's worth trying so here I am, hopefully a young egg donor will help me. It has been very difficult to find a same Asia egg donor from the UK and I am so glad that it only took Eugin a few months to find someone match me.

Still worried about success of getting pregnant. I suppose I will be worrying until the end. I wish all girls' dream come true!

BTW, do you know if it is cheaper to buy donor medicine in chemist in Uk or Spain or just pay Eugin directly? I think it will be more to pay them directly.

Hi Thornhill

I am so happy for you and hope everything goes well! Keep us posted!

Xxxxx

Offline Boyazhai2003

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #256 on: 20/04/16, 21:08 »
    Sorry, another question, has your husband done genetic screening and compartibility test (cost 590 euro) and karyotype test? The coordinator recommended us to do. I am not sure if it is necessary. Every penny counts!

Thanks
    Xxxxxx

Offline Thornhill

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #257 on: 21/04/16, 01:46 »
    Thanks Donnerprinz! I guess I should hope that my levels double or so! Fingers crossed I get over these 12 weeks. Each day seems so long!  ^pray^

Boyazhai, you will be in good hands with Eugin. I asked them if I should purchase the meds from France instead (as we were driving there) and when they showed the price difference, it was about 80 euro so I felt it would not be worth the risk of not getting the meds due to language or prescription issues.

They did not ask my husband to undergo any screening, so it might be worth asking them why they want that. I remember there was a lot of to and fro going on with both our tests. They also asked for a full blood test for him but since it was so last minute, we didn't have the time. I thought worse case, we can do it in Barcelona if they ask, but they did not!!

Did you like your consultant? If so, just ask the co-ordinator to get you a response from the doctor.

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #258 on: 21/04/16, 06:23 »
    Hi,

I never had ivf before but had three pregnancies, two with age 36 and 38 with downs one with Edwards age 38 so Dr just suggested that my eggs are of bad quality. But like I said, we tried once and I was always pregnant straight away.

Both had karyotype blood test done after the first pregnancy of the NHS that where normal. My husband had a sperm test both of NHS and sample taken at first visit at Eugi and we also had a full blood test and I just had to email my last smear test results..

Due to my past and because it's never been medically proven that it really was my eggs we had a new test done at week 10 of pregnancy that's non invasive to the baby. They took my blood and it was sent to London where they can look at the babies DNA for genetic screening and sex if one wants to know.
    It's called a Harmony test. Cost is about 450 Everything came back 1 in 10.000 which is the lowest you could get and we found out it's a boy. So this did kind of proof it was my eggs so I am gland we decided for donor ivf rather than my own eggs with Pgd as it would have probably been a wast of money.

I am afraid that one worries all the way along well I feel much more relaxed now as I could feel him since week 16 but before that I always feared something would go wrong. Now I feel more confident and can't wait to have him in our arms. He's wriggling around as I type  ^hugme^ I love him so much already!!!

Thornhill, yes they will want to see doubling maybe you have twins?? 525 seems high at 14 days but I guess I just go by what I used to read on the Internet when I looked at my results. Fingers crossed it all doubles nicely and you can have your first scan to see at 6/7 weeks  :)

Xxx

Offline kiwichick10

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #259 on: 21/04/16, 09:04 »
    Hello all,

Not sure many of you recall me as I never posted that much but I wanted to share a Eugin success.  Tomorrow my son Peter will be 4 weeks old.

My husband and and I cannot praise Eugin enough, as we had our only ever success with them. It has been and continues to be a little surreal.

Just thought it might help others who are still on the road or considering the journey.

Kiwi