* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 45226 times)

0 Members

Offline Northie

• Un-Ranked
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #30 on: 20/04/15, 21:01 »
Hi

This is my first post and I just want to say it's been great reading all yours - it's a mountain of information so thanks. I had my transfer at Eugin last Saturday and have been feeling a bit all over the place which I wasn't expecting. Is it the hormones? Or is it me? I have no idea. I'm hoping for some advice from you all. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the information - should I be taking aspirin and why? I wasn't told about the thickness of my endometrial lining, is that okay? Eugin have been great, but I dont' know how to get things done in the UK. Will my GP automatically give me a pregnancy blood test and check my hormone levels?

I should have written this when I was feeling a bit more sane, but all advice is welcome.

Ta

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #31 on: 20/04/15, 22:20 »
    Hello Northie and welcome to our small but friendly group  ^hugme^

Firstly congratulations on you being pregnant until proven otherwise!! (PUPO) no wonder your emotions are all over the place this is such big deal, but this is such an exciting time for you. Try and be positive if you believe you can do this then you will.
    Firstly please don't worry about your lining, I didn't have mine checked either but the EUGIN would have checked as they we transferring the Embryos that your lining was thick enough if it wasn't they wouldn't have completed the transfer. Before my next transfer i will pay to have a private scan just to check my lining but its not absolutely necessary.
    Re the Aspirin lots of people swear by taking one (small dose) every day,  i think that it thins the blood so that the blood can flow to the embryo and stops clots (?) my understanding is that it does not do any harm so why not. But its up to you do some research on Goggle they is lots of info out there! My GP is very good, he wrote me up blood forms and exactly 2 weeks after transfer i collected the forms from him and went and had the blood taken, he phoned me to tell me i was pregnant. So give you GP a call explain you have had IVF and will need a blood test hopefully he/she will be fine with this.

So Northie, whats your story? is this your first time with IVF? was it a fresh transfer? how many embryos did your donor provide....?? sorry so many questions just interested in your journey.

Good luck and preying for you that everything is positive  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #32 on: 24/04/15, 22:22 »
    Evening all

Thank goodness we are up and running again.

Northie - welcome and hope all is going well. When do you  test?

Sam - how are you?  I have lost track of when you go on holiday and your lovely hubby does the jab for you.  Hoping all is good with you.  And yes we too have the early morning walks at some ungodly hour which always seems awful when the alarm goes off but are usually really enjoyable when you get out there.

Well, it's all happening for us now.  Lining scan on Wed - 9mm so perfect.  We fly out tmw and transfer will be Sun or Mon, so feeling quite nervous now but we have 10 eggs  so we have a good chance.  I find it hard to believe we can be so lucky twice but there's no reason why we can't I guess.  At the very least we get a nice weekend in Barcelona although my DH will  have to do quite a bit of work as well.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend

Morag

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #33 on: 25/04/15, 18:52 »
    Oh Morag.....

Wishing you all the luck in the world everything is crossed for you for this transfer  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

9mm is great, how much did you pay for your scan, i take it you paid for a private one?

I am going on holiday on the 15th of May!! if all my periods come on time i will be looking at hubby doing the decap injection for me on the 20th. We are away for a bloody long 3 weeks and i imagine we will be booking the transfer on the 13/14? June somewhere around there.

10 eggs!!! bloody hell that is amazing, yes you have a brilliant chance and dint you doubt for a minute that you will be lucky enough a second time...you are brilliant proof that this all works. You deserve it Hun, grasp it.
    xx

Offline Northie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #34 on: 26/04/15, 16:05 »
    Hi all, and thanks Kane and Able for your reply, it made such a difference to my day... and then the site disappeared!!

I'm feeling a lot less crazy than I was last week, I've been listening the meditation app every morning and zita west everynight, and that has helped because I am feeling a lot more positive. Pregnant until proven otherwise, is a great to way to think about it!

So, although it's my first attempt, it's taken 10 long years to get here with a myomectomy on the way, and a lot (a lot) of counselling. I'm using donor eggs (5 collected and 2 fertilised, one on ice).

So now I sit here and wait I guess. I get to speak to my doctor on Tuesday, and will probably/hopefully test on Friday. It's the waiting that's so hard, isn't it? Waiting for the injection (my first injection didn't take), waiting for the bleed, waiting for the transfer, waiting for the test... But that's fine, in a week's time I'll know for sure.

Good luck to all of you..

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #35 on: 26/04/15, 17:40 »
    Hi all

Welcome North ie,   hope you haven't gone completely mad yet?  The waiting is horrible but you do get through it..  is your gp supportive?  Mine says he is but the reality is that he isn't really & so he does the minimum.  Apparently the NHS doesn't support blood tests but some GP'S will do them & some won't.  Mine did 1st time round but not the 2nd.   But he wrote the forms &my local hospital charged me 17.  Also i never had a lining scan before & have a 2 yo from my first go at Eugin after 10 yr ttc so it really is possible.  Fingers crossed for you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki ^hugme^ ^pray^ let us know how you get on.

Sam, my scan was 99 at ultrasound direct in Southampton but they are all , over the country.  15th May will be here in no time ☺
    We've had a lovely day walking miles around Barcelona in the sunshine and a lovely lunch down at the beach.   Transfer is Monday at 5.30 so tmw is the big day.   It feels quite nice taking a Eugin baby to visit but more than a little odd to be back again.

Hope you'be all had a great weekend.

Morag

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #36 on: 27/04/15, 20:02 »
    Hi Everyone,

Morag, OMG how exciting this is......your trip around Barcelona sounds great and you seem nice and relaxed which is perfect!.
    By now you will be PUPO too looking after those precious little embys make sure you take it good an easy and send positive messages to them.

So what day transfer did you have? I get confused with the dates but i think you had day 5 embryos transfered?. Did you have 2? Do you have any on ice?.

Northie thats great that you are listening to Zita west, i really think that helps. Are you still working? do you have any symptoms?

Take care all
    xxxxxxxx
    Sam ^hugme^

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #37 on: 29/04/15, 13:27 »
    Hi sorry had not replied ...
    Well I had my appintment today to get that lump checked out and thankfully it's good news and the scan shows all normal benigne breast tissue so now we can both look forward to our EUGIN appointment on the 30th of May  :)

Great to see everyone is getting there fingers crossed for us all  ^hugme^

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #38 on: 30/04/15, 11:15 »
    Morning all

Donnerprinz - you must be so relieved to hear that all is well and that you can look forward to your appointment.  Really pleased for you.

Northie - how are you?  Let us know if you can we're all here for support.

Sam - thanks and yes it is exciting although I am trying to keep calm.  We had another couple of lovely relaxing days in Barcelona, what a wonderful city it is.  We just walked and walked, had picnics in the park and generally relaxed.

I had day 4 transfers, both 9 cell so growing well and fingers crossed they will continue to do so.  And we have 2 frozen now which we have never had before.  Although this is our last attempt but I know that if it is not successful I will have to fond the money somehow to go back for them.

Anyway I test on May 11th which seems a long way off at the moment but it's already 3 days since transfer so the time will pass.  I have a couple of fairly busy weeks lined up so should stay reasonably sane.  Only one person in the UK knows we have gone again, she has a little boy not much older than my daughter and she is going through secondary infertility due to birth complications so we talk and support each other a lot which is lovely (although much better if we didn't have too).

I am already over thinking every sensation in my body  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ Am at work but skiving...

Morag

Offline Northie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #39 on: 3/05/15, 08:49 »
    Hello

Now, I may be unfamiliar with the acronyms, but I do know this one. BFP!!!!!!!!

I can't quite believe this is happening at last.

Morag, good luck - the transfer sounded very positive!

Northie